Hot Toys Dark Trooper The Mandalorian

Reaction score
I might be in the he minority but I don't find these appealing.
Very little screen time and a bit of a Terminator rip off.

Lot of other characters that HT could have put out for pre order before this one (several Comic Con previews still to see light of day).

Reaction score
Impressive....but not really my thing. Cool to see Hot Toys beating Hasbro to the punch with figures from the Mandalorian. This might take a while to be released, but HT was first.

Reaction score
We all knew these guys were coming from Hot Toys. I will pass on them myself because they are difficult to see because of all the black and no color break-up. I just sold my Deathtrooper for the same reason. Can't spend that kind of money on something that is one solid color. Just my opinion of course. They are cool looking!

Reaction score
Up for one. I guess having two flanking Gideon or being trashed by Luke would look insanely cool but i'll likely settle for a one on one duel with Mando

Reaction score
I personally don't think t he design really follows Star Wars concepts, they look too toy-like and not really proportioned in the way we have come to know Star Wars droids.
But they are interesting from a Hot Toys perspective to see how much detail their really is in the design, since they did get not much up close screen time...

For me its a toss up between Moff Gideon flanked by 2 Dark Troopers, or Luke cutting down 2 Dark Troopers.
Maybe both, 4 Dark Trooper pre-orders, and Moff and Luke also...who knows...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was always a fan of the Dark Trooper in the Expanded Universe. The new canon version does an excellent job of blending the EU Phase 3 design with new Star Wars design elements, like Rogue One trooper armor designs and the KX Series droid joints.

It's a great combination of new and old that brings something that I thought would be gone for good back into canon again in one of the best Star Wars moments there is now. Had a feeling a figure would happen, and I'm glad Hot Toys stuck with plastic and not diecast. Definitely in for several of these.

Reaction score
I am in for one. Not enough screen time for we to want more than that. I really like the look of it. I hope to see more unique droids from HT.

Reaction score
I like the look of them, but man I really think I'm going to have to pass. Need to keep to my niche or I'll end up buying everything and don't have the room (or understanding wife) for that!

Reaction score
Is that a new Luke? I just assumed it was the recently released Jedi Luke.
Well I might have jumped the gun a bit on that saying new, but there a couple things to indicate it MAY be a new Luke. For example the cloak is much darker, and the sleeves look slightly different.

Reaction score
Well I might have jumped the gun a bit on that saying new, but there a couple things to indicate it MAY be a new Luke. For example the cloak is much darker, and the sleeves look slightly different.
I am personally hoping for a new headsculpt, even though that would potentially mean a release date of 2023. None of the current headsculpts capture the serene confidence of his Mando appearance.

But will they go for an actual Mark Hamill likeness or try and capture the CGI deepfake face? Decisions, decisions.