Hot Toys CW 501st Battalion Deluxe Clone Trooper

Reaction score
Another announcement on HT Facebook page and it's a clone trooper from the cartoon.

Decent upgrade on the old Sideshow version.

Also available as a standard edition without the different phase helmets

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't say they look any better to my eyes compared to the versions Sideshow released at the later stage of their 1/6 Star Wars line. Interested to see how they'll feel in hand though. I guess recent improvement in bodies, articulation and paint application will make those superior. We'll see how far superior they are in a year or so. Likely going for a couple of the DX version to flank our heroes.

Reaction score
Both versions are up

Deluxe $250

Regular $220

Went ahead with the deluxe because I have no self control.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered one of each. I plan on putting the deluxe's Phase 1 clone head on the standard I think. Love me some clones!

Reaction score
Grabbed the deluxe for the options since I already have the original SSC version, which I still like. Will probably pair with Ahsoka.

Reaction score
Ordered a couple and will likely display at least one with that 332nd company helmet paint scheme.

Reaction score
Ahsokas troopers have an awesome paint scheme.
Even the regular version comes with great weapons and accessories.
Ordered the Deluxe for the orange helmet, and will get another one for the blue helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very hard to tell. Really depends on how popular the figure is and where you intend to order. Most Hong-Kong places are pre sold-out.

I don't know about US etailers but it's always good to PO as soon as possible when you are targeting a figure. The more you wait, the more you rune the risk of missing out.

Then, you'll always have a chance to get the figure on Ebay when it's released but you'll likely have to pay a premium for it.

Finally, there's Sideshow where you can eventually have a buying option up to the actual release date... but there's a risk it goes to waitlist status.

Reaction score
I did the pre-order, but now I'm already thinking I may want a 2nd. There are at least 3 others that I'm contemplating. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the inputs.

Reaction score
CB844B2D-FC8F-4600-8D15-97DF9B5BDCD0.jpeg9BAD0AFA-D8FD-4B4C-9379-C447C4CEB052.jpegC1C96D48-6E25-4A43-9777-42D7EA631584.jpeg

Had to go back a few pages but here we are.

Surprised to see this releasing in Hong Kong shortly. Sideshow has it slated for close to the end of the year. Wonder if it will be moved up.

Still likely a few months out for a US release, if not longer. Really odd to see other figures delayed and this out early, though.

Reaction score
With all the figures backed up on Hot Toys release planning, i must say i was expecting some shuffling around. I believe we can expect figures not including head sculpts to move up in the queue in the coming months.

Reaction score
With all the figures backed up on Hot Toys release planning, i must say i was expecting some shuffling around. I believe we can expect figures not including head sculpts to move up in the queue in the coming months.

My thoughts too, this was an easier release for them to push up a bit over head sculpts and such.

Assume we'll see the Coruscant Guard pushed up as well.

Production photos look great, look forward to seeing him...in August/September.

Reaction score
I've just ordered the regular version from a seller I use in Hong Kong.
Thought about the deluxe but I won't ever display him with the orange helmet or big boy gun so thought I'd go regular.

Reaction score
My thoughts too, this was an easier release for them to push up a bit over head sculpts and such.

Assume we'll see the Coruscant Guard pushed up as well.

Production photos look great, look forward to seeing him...in August/September.

Coruscant guard but also Death Watch Mando or Transport Trooper are likely candidates to be out way before their initial ETA.

I've just ordered the regular version from a seller I use in Hong Kong.
Thought about the deluxe but I won't ever display him with the orange helmet or big boy gun so thought I'd go regular.

I have two Dx on PO at KGH and TBA in HK. Already having a couple 501st Dx from Sideshow, i will likely use those extra accessories one way or another.Later wave means i'll have around 8 weeks to prepare the funds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really nice Deluxe figure with excellent paint apps. Though, I kind of thought the phase 1 helmet looked a little too large in the initial photos. The youtube video mentions that as well in the review. Not a deal breaker by any means, so I'm probably picking this one up to eventually team with Rex.

Reaction score
Oh boy..I was hoping it would release later for my budget. Guess I will be broke and have them fulfilled!

Reaction score
I'm being charged for shipping on Friday for my 501st deluxe, just got the warehouse e-mail
Congrats for getting the notice for the 501st Battlalion Trooper™. Look forward to getting mine as well.

I wonder if they’ll make replacement nameplates like when some ROTJ TKs got shipped with the Sith Trooper plaque.

Luckily only one of six Stormtroopers had the wrong nameplate and Sideshow sent a replacement.

If you get the misspelled one, you may want to ask to see if they have anything in the works to fix it for you.

Reaction score
Got him this afternoon.

The pictures and videos don't give him justice, its a pretty spectacular figure and it makes the Sideshow 501st Deluxe from 2014 look like a cheap Hasbro figure. Sometime this weekend, I'll snap a photo of him next to the Sideshow one.

My only problem is that Sideshow didn't send me both my figures at the same time lol.

Reaction score
Mine left HK today. Should have him in hand in a week or so. Also interested to display him along both Sideshow versions.

Reaction score
501st landed home this morning. icing on the cake, nameplate corrected from "Battlalion" to "Battalion" :cool:

P1050500.JPG

Reaction score
Fully unboxed that 501st and brought Sideshow v.1 and v.2 to the table for a group shot.

P1050508.JPG

Now i have it in hands, there's no denying Hot Toys dropped the ball with that helmet. I can't see a proper HS fitting into that bucket.

Also, when setting him up, i quickly noticed right elbow joint was defective as it was limited to a 90° bent. First thought i'd have to get in touch with TBA for a replacement but managed to solve the issue with some effort.

Reaction score
I prefer the HT helmet over the last 2 SS ones, yeah it might come off a bit small but the entire figure is such a huge upgrade compared to the Sideshow ones, where they can barely stand, have no neck and their armor is sliding all over the place.

Reaction score
HT certainly put a top notch upgrade on the market. Jut a bit disappointed it won't blend nicely with my older troopers.

Agreed, the HT and Sideshow troopers just don't look great next to one another, at least for the 501st ones.

The plain white ones seem alright so far but the blue is so different for both of the 501st ones.