Hot Toys and batteries

Reaction score
This may seem a silly question, but all my battery powered Hot Toys are in storage and I've never checked.

Do the batteries for light up sabers and such come pre-installed or are they packaged separately? I ask because I'm worried about leakage damaging the figure in storage.

Reaction score
This may seem a silly question, but all my battery powered Hot Toys are in storage and I've never checked.

Do the batteries for light up sabers and such come pre-installed or are they packaged separately? I ask because I'm worried about leakage damaging the figure in storage.
Hot Toys Star Wars figures have the batteries separate, so if you have not installed them from new, you will be fine.

Reaction score
Good advice. I took out the batteries from all of my collectibles with them in it for that very reason.

Reaction score
You should have seen how many batteries I had to remove from my HT Iron Man figs !!!!!
Did you need to install them in the first place or were they pre-installed? I have the die-cast MkIV, and again, haven't checked.

I really should stop buying these figures if I'm not going to display them.

Reaction score
Did you need to install them in the first place or were they pre-installed? I have the die-cast MkIV, and again, haven't checked.

I really should stop buying these figures if I'm not going to display them.
Keeping these figures in their boxes for prolonged time might end up with rotten rubber suits and damaged pleather/faux leather.

Reaction score
It's up to you, but keeping them in a box might affect the materials they are made of. And you can also verify if there is damage on a figure before it gets sold out.