Hostage Crisis Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface have a new battle pack titled "Nikto Robino Bounty Hunters" for a release later in the year. No pics yet so take it as a grain of salt.

Obviously one figure might be Robonino, the little fishy like character

Ideas on this battle pack?

G

Re: Bounty Hunters Battle Pack

Guessing this is going to be a Hostage Crisis themed pack so maybe Cad Bane (New SA), Nikto Bounty Hunter, Robonino, & either Aurra, IG-86, or Commando Droid.

Reaction score

weird, we haven't seen a nikto bounty hunter in the show, have we? could that "nikto" actually be that weequay bounty hunter from the hostage crisis ep?

G

capt_kulas said:
weird, we haven't seen a nikto bounty hunter in the show, have we? could that "nikto" actually be that weequay bounty hunter from the hostage crisis ep?
Thats who I was talking about, Shahan Alama.

Reaction score

My guess - Robonino, Shahan Alama, Anakin & an IG-86 repaint.

Reaction score

Im hoping new characters , but in these battlepacks, Hasbro only ever give us 2 new figs at most.

Reaction score

I'll take these two Robonino and Shahan Alama, and if they want to do more like this then by all means do so.

Reaction score
Reaction score

While I don't need the DVD, I gotta give it to Hasbro, it's a smart concept for general collectors and kids who haven't seen this episode/ can't remember it. After all, the Battle Pack is episode specific and it aired more than a year ago.

That being said, I love the choices in this pack.
Especially the Commando Droids, which I thought we would probably not get at all repainted like this.
Hopefully Hasbro plans to alter the Shahan Amala sculpt into Turk Falso and release him with a repainted Starhawk Speeder Bike.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Hopefully Hasbro plans to alter the Shahan Amala sculpt into Turk Falso and release him with a repainted Starhawk Speeder Bike.
Yeah, that'd be awesome. Amala could easily be althered into any number of Weequay pirates.

Also, has anyone heard what store this pack will be exclusive to?

Reaction score

Interesting to see a DVD packed into a BP of an older episode. That's a good way to refresh the memory of what this BP is based on. It could reel in some new collectors/ audience.

Reaction score

I'm so glad we have a Nikto with knees - now I don't feel so bad about buying the Speeder coming out soon. But its a great pack altogether.

Reaction score

JabbaPalaceFan said:
Has anyone heard what store this pack will be exclusive to?
Pretty sure that the slideshow indicated that Target would be carrying this one. For me in Canada, that means that it'll likely be Zellers.

GNT

Reaction score

It's a decent battle pack with 2 great looking figures and 2 nice repaints, it's different enough to pick up.

Reaction score

Kinderspartan said:
I'm so glad we have a Nikto with knees - now I don't feel so bad about buying the Speeder coming out soon. But its a great pack altogether.
Technically speaking (as I put on my nerd glasses) he's a Weequay, not a Nikto, but yeah, you're absolutely right there about the speeder.

I bought Robonino off Tunghori already, but I'm happy to get another for custom purposes so this pack is a big fat buy for me.
I hope the DVD and BP concept works for Hasbro because this is a great set and it'd be great to see more like this made, where there's no redundant duplication in any of the figure choices included and a big chunk of new tooling mixed in with the obligatory repaints. It'd be a fantastic way to get some cool figures from very specific episodes that might not stand a chance of making it into the main line.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Kinderspartan said:
Technically speaking (as I put on my nerd glasses) he's a Weequay, not a Nikto, but yeah, you're absolutely right there about the speeder.

Hah, you're totally right. Must've been sleep posting again

GNT

Reaction score

Only need the pirate, the commando droids don't really interest me as I already have what I need

Reaction score

GNT

Reaction score

Sold out of the bounty hunter guy, only had 5 bugger

Reaction score

Weequays have always been among my favorite Star Wars aliens, but personally I don't think they translate very well as animated characters. This is weird since I generally like any animated figure over realistic ones.

I might have to pick up some of those commando droids. CDs are the rare droid I actually dig.

Reaction score

For any uk collectors, who maybe didnt know, this pack is a store exclusive here in the UK at Sainsburys. Saw it at my local store today, but minus the dvd.

Reaction score

Just bought this set, found it in Sainsbury UK. Great set, but abit steep at £29.99. Even so, im glad i bought it.

Reaction score

steve2477 said:
Just bought this set, found it in Sainsbury UK. Great set, but abit steep at £29.99. Even so, im glad i bought it.
What's that approx equal to in US dollars?

Reaction score

@ Capt Kulas - ye no probs, ball socket head, ball hinged shoulders, elbows & knees. Swivel wrists. No ankle articulation. soft plastic chest armor is removable.

@ Maynard - I think its close to $50, this set over here has NO dvd included.

Reaction score

thanks mate
shahan's got a pretty decent artic. i may have to track him down loose down the road, though. i only really want him and robonino.

Reaction score

Your welcome, hes a great figure. I have noticed that his character design appears alot in the season 1 episode Dooku Captured and Gungan General. Also the Weequay scout that Embo kills in season 2 Bounty Hunters is nearly the same design too.

So hopefully they use this figure as a Weequay pirate with new arms in the future, maybe release him with that Pirate Speeder bike.

Reaction score

Picked up this set yesterday, awesome set! It's great to round out Bane's crew from that episode. They re-used the chest/neck of Hondo on Shahan Alama, he is an awesome figure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all we need to complete the entire crew is a proper deco of IG86: