Hong Kong shops

Reaction score
Hi
I'll be over in Hong Kong later this month and promised to take my son toy shopping. Other than TRU, where is good in Tsim Tsa Shui, Mongkok or Central?

Thanks
Doug

Reaction score
The lack of replies made me think it would be bad... But not THAT bad!

Three TRUs had mostly Lego, Angry Birds and some roleplay (masks and basic lightsabers). There were some 6" Black series reduced to HK$120 but the only 3.75 inch stuff I saw was a single AT-AT and some Vintage Republic Gunships.

The indie stores in places like the Sino Centre, CTMA and IN's had hardly anything beyond 6" Black... A few older Vintage and Black series, but packed as waves, and a handful of loose stuff, mainly Saga. The Temple Street Market had some poorly painted bootlegs too.

Thankfully, The Secret Base was a saving grace. I couldn't afford anything, but it was great to see so much Sideshow and Hot Toys stuff in one place.

Cheers
Doug

Reaction score
Most things I saw in other ranges were cheaper than the UK... Maybe 7 quid for something we'd be a tenner for. The Gunship was still over £100... I'd hate to think what TRU would price it at if it ever appears..