Homing Spider Droid

Reaction score
How about some vehicle love from the WalMart computers:

65356931175 SW FED SPIDER DROID

This corresponds nicely with another rumor on the list!

Reaction score
Re: Homing Spider Droid (STRONG RUMOR)

Nice score! I like this one the most of all the recent rumors.

Reaction score

With each hint that the current rumor list is a pretty solid estimate of next year's line the more excited I get about '08 collecting.

With as big a droid as they managed to fit onto a single card (in the form of the tri-droid), I'm wondering what height they can manage in the mid-size vehicle box? I imagine this would make a really nice counterpoint to the Hailfire droid (which I also had to skip due to lack of space
).

Reaction score

Seeing as its just a ball with four legs, the amount they can fit in a package (assuming assembly required) should be much much more than the V-Wing or the Sith Interceptor. I'm looking forward to this and the V-19! Hope they're $20 like last year, the V-Wing at that price was a steal

Reaction score

The HSD is probably my favorite droid/vehicle from the CIS ****nal. So far I don't really have much of a CIS presence in my collection (except for a couple of TAC Super Battle Droids) but if were to get this I could see myself maybe building up a small army around it. Gotta have something for my clones to fight.

Reaction score

I have wanted it since it was first rumored. Good to see it almost confirmed.

Reaction score

And here are visual refs for this vehicle (does that even qualify if there aren't any drivers?) -

My question is, in reference to the bottom pic, are they going to make this proportionally accurate?... the thing is huge in comparison to the droids.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
My question is, in reference to the bottom pic, are they going to make this proportionally accurate?... the thing is huge in comparison to the droids.

[/QUOTE]
They could definately pull it off, I think the only thing that would stop this thing from being correctly sized is how it will fit into the box. Sounds stupid, I know, but the packaging and shipping containers are already sized with the rest of the line(V wings, Jedi Starfighters and what not)so they can't upsize the box(at least that is what we have heard in the past, although they have re-sized the BP packaging to suit their needs)
To me, the main body, or sphere is going to be the hardest part to get to 'fit' into the box.

Reaction score

coeli said:
They could definately pull it off, I think the only thing that would stop this thing from being correctly sized is how it will fit into the box. Sounds stupid, I know, but the packaging and shipping containers are already sized with the rest of the line(V wings, Jedi Starfighters and what not)so they can't upsize the box(at least that is what we have heard in the past, although they have re-sized the BP packaging to suit their needs)
To me, the main body, or sphere is going to be the hardest part to get to 'fit' into the box.
I think it could be done. I'm sure the tooling cost is the main factor but if they broke it down into "ready to assemble" parts like this...
1) round body- 2 halves that you plug/snap together
2) legs- possibly one whole piece to cut costs, just plug into the sides of the completed sphere. I'd like a swivel joint here to give it some poseability
3) turrets/lasers- plug into the ends of the completed sphere

It should fit in a $20 vehicle box.

Reaction score

Why is it a Fed Spider Droid when it's the Commerce Guild who owns them?

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Probably should be a ConFed Spider Droid.

Reaction score

FINALLY! I have been wanting this thing since AOTC first came out.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Because Hasbro knows as much about SW as a rapper knows about playing a guitar.

Reaction score

I hope not... for the very reason that this would increase the price of the item... if it is already huge, then the price will already be high... on top of that, I do not like the vehicles that have their own locomotion (ie. AT-RT)... they can not make the vehicles operate realistically enough...

Reaction score

Since1978 said:

Could this just be a repack of the smaller wind up droid? Or is this an SKU for a larger vehicle?

Reaction score

This was rumored a while back, and I surely expected it before now. I'm really excited, and I think this could be done very well, and very big, at the $20 pricepoint. It could be even larger if the spherical body is separated into two pieces that we attach (as Jedighost suggested), and if the legs were also split in halves that we assemble. A series of smaller parts that snap together, and when we're done putting it all together we'll be baffled at what a huge vehicle Hasbro squeezed into that mid-sized box.

Ideally, I'd want it to be quite tall, as close to scale as possible, so it towers properly over the droids and even the Hailfire droids. We need it big, so it's an imposing presence even when facing a $100-$150 AT-TE on the Republic's side.

My main concern is that when this rumor first showed up there'd been word that this was not the the AOTC Homing Spider Droid, but rather some ugly EU bastardization of the vehicle. It was called, like, a dwarf spider droid, or something. I'll be very disappointed if that rumor pans out.

This vehicle always seemed like such a no-brainer to me. It looks like one of the easier (and less expensive) designs to achieve. It's got a prominent role in the films, and it should offer a lot of bang for our buck, in its potential to be both an inexpensive and large toy. I was surprised we saw the Hailfire Droid first.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Commerce Guild was part of the CIS.
If this droid does come out and is at the $20 price range I'll probably pick one up (granted I say the same thing about the Hailfire droid but have still been passing by them ). If it is motorized though it will be a deffinate pass (that is the reason I don't have any AT-RTs for my clones).

Reaction score

jediraven82 said:
Since1978 said:

Could this just be a repack of the smaller wind up droid? Or is this an SKU for a larger vehicle?
After a long silence, my source got back to me and quoted that the price in the WalMart computers was $19.76, and that they should be part of the Medium Vehicle assortment. That seems to end any thought that they would be in the Titanium or similar series.

'78

Reaction score

And here I am thinking that pics have surfaced. Good nonetheless.

Reaction score

Don't know if i want to pay $20 for a ball with 4 pencils coming out of it. I think for this one I would have rather had a slightly undersized figure in a deluxe $10 pack. Ohh wait they don' make those no more. Ohh well. Guess I can't complain. It' something new. I'm hoping (against hope) that their some type of pack in figure.

Reaction score

Pretty good news if confirmed. With all the republic walkers coming recently, this and the tri droïd from wave 1 are more than welcome in the 4" line

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
After a long silence, my source got back to me and quoted that the price in the WalMart computers was $19.76, and that they should be part of the Medium Vehicle assortment. That seems to end any thought that they would be in the Titanium or similar series.

'78
Great news, IMO. Pretty much confirmed to be a decent size afterall. Now if only we could get that Tri-Droid enlarged and in the $20 box.

Reaction score

With all due respect, we dont know if it is indeed the Homing Spider droid, it could still possibly be this one.
Hasbro did say they wanted to do some Republic Commando droids after all.

Reaction score

^^^ That would be kewl too - although, I reckon it is gonna be the larger Homing Spider Droid.

I've always had a thing for the various spider droids...

Reaction score

Both Would be just Fine with me

Now I have to buy A shelf for my Droids oh well

Reaction score

Nactous said:
With all due respect, we dont know if it is indeed the Homing Spider droid, it could still possibly be this one.

Hasbro did say they wanted to do some Republic Commando droids after all.
Ugh! That's the droid I heard it might be. Man I hope not. What a waste!! I don't think we need this dwarf version at all, and certainly not before the movie version!

Reaction score

I'm hoping for the movie version as well. The RC one is fine, but we should get the movie spider first. It is pretty iconic of the CIS.

Reaction score

Either one will be nice to me (granted both would be even better).

Reaction score

Mr_Ed said:
I'm hoping for the movie version as well. The RC one is fine, but we should get the movie spider first. It is pretty iconic of the CIS.
Granted, we should probably get the Homing Spider Droid first as it is pretty iconic, but I'd much rather see the HSD done in a larger scale then I think could be given to us, in the medium vehicles line.

Reaction score

A valid point, MurderWeapon. These things are supposed to be able to counter AT-TE's, even if they aren't made out to be that big or powerful in video games. (I'm looking at you Battlefront.) Anyway, so they do justify a higher price-point if done correctly. If that is the case, though, I have NO idea how I'm going to afford all of the new stuff coming out for Clone Wars. Anybody wanna buy a kidney?