Holo Nute Gunray

Reaction score
Did anyone get a proptype Holo Nute Gunray for their collection?

Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a prototype. I'd love to see pics.

Reaction score
I've got 2 and a proto for the unproduced commtech v2 chip as well. Not a good pic but here ya go

Edit: better pic

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for posting the pics! I really wish they released that figure!

Reaction score
best place would be ebay. Or check with people on behindthetoys.com to see if anyone has one that they'd be willing to part with.

Reaction score
gorkoracing said:
best place would be ebay. Or check with people on behindthetoys.com to see if anyone has one that they'd be willing to part with.
Thank You, great site. There other other "Wants" posted for the same thing so Im not gonna step on any toes. But I did post for any V2 commtech chip just to have for my collection. Again Thank You. Alan

Reaction score
Holo Nute is something I'd like to add to my collection too. One sold on ebay earlier this month for $143. Not too bad considering the rarity. Maybe I'll treat myself one of these days.

Reaction score
I now own one and it is the center piece of my collection.

Now, I guess I'll put pieces like the unproduced Trophy Obi-Wan and Holographic Amidala on my dream list. However, I am extremely happy with this piece.

Reaction score
Simdog said:
I now own one and it is the center piece of my collection.

Now, I guess I'll put pieces like the unproduced Trophy Obi-Wan and Holographic Amidala on my dream list. However, I am extremely happy with this piece.
Does anyone actually have a Trophy Obi-Wan? That is a very cool figure!! Please post pics if anyone has one.

Reaction score
Listen to gorkoracing! I followed some tips from him and got my Nute Gunray. I like prototypes but are only interestred in adding the rare pieces thsat are painted and can fit into my collection with all the regular releases.

Reaction score
I'm curious about the coloration on Gunray would have been. If they were taking the painted-skin Holo-Sidious route, he could look fantastic. If he would have been straight blue, it turns into a 'meh, I see why they skipped it'.
Really cool proto though.

Reaction score
Obi_Wan_Kaboozie said:
I'm curious about the coloration on Gunray would have been. If they were taking the painted-skin Holo-Sidious route, he could look fantastic. If he would have been straight blue, it turns into a 'meh, I see why they skipped it'.
Nute doesn't have flesh tone skin, as a matter of fact, his skin is grayish. The Sidious Holo was very nice back then, I must admit. However, I am pleased to have a rare figure in my collection.

Reaction score
The dark green/blue colored one on the left in my pics is as close to production if not production coloring that you're going to get. he has copyrights and pegholes which shows how far along in production the figure was and matches the coloring of the pic on his unproduced chip pretty well also. This figure was also shown in this color in the toyfair product catalog that year along with the unproduced swamp sketto and obiwan. So to answer your question the dark blue/green was going to be his color. Most prototypes of this figure are in this color. Less than a handful from what i've heard/seen have turned up in the light purple color.

Reaction score
I noticed this thread by chance - and I think it would be cool if a holo Gunray were released...but seeing as Hasbro has hesitated to even make a ROTS Gunray, I doubt we'll see him - but its something we might want to ask for in a future poll.

As for the Trophy figures - what a total wasted idea that turned out to be, it would be great to get a micro machine with each figure - it was so brilliant, yet they never worked hard enough to make it happen.

Reaction score
Simdog said:
Obi_Wan_Kaboozie said:
Nute doesn't have flesh tone skin, as a matter of fact, his skin is grayish. The Sidious Holo was very nice back then, I must admit. However, I am pleased to have a rare figure in my collection.
I didn't say flesh tone, I said painted skin. I know Nute's is gray. I was talking about the difference between Holo-Sidious and subsequent holo figures, in that Sidious has painted features while most others do not. My question was answered though-- Thanks gorkoracing, great info! The two-tone look is nice; I like basically anything that takes him away from the one-color blue.
darth_sidious, I agree. No Clone Wars Gunray either. If they ever do get around to any Gunrays, ROTS and Clone Wars are likely to take precedence. A holo's chances don't look so good. It's a pity.

Reaction score
A holo Nute has popped up on ebay. I'm in the market for one, but not at the seller's starting bid. Too high!

Reaction score
In my book, PT is totally set apart from OT... I know there are 6 movies... (excluding the CW one), but he was in all 3 PT films... which... considering they are 16 years apart, seem to be largely separated.

Reaction score
I another one of these pop up somewhere. I would buy it.

Reaction score
I don't think I paid half that for mine, but that's been several years ago, like maybe around 2005. Anyways, I wounded why Hasbro didn't throw that into 2012 MH line since most were repacks some even older that holo nute.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm literally surprised that someone hasn't try to make a mold of the Nute Gunray and just had it cast in clear blue plastic and sold it online as a cheap knock-off... bet they could make a small fortune selling them. I know someone did this with the Japanese version of the Spirits of the Jedi Cinema Scene and they were selling the set for $50.00.

GNT

Reaction score
Well I'm surprised they've never bothered to get it out somehow, even in a battle pack of some kind.

Reaction score
Well I'm surprised they've never bothered to get it out somehow, even in a battle pack of some kind.
well now theres the 5poa line and tpm needs some love and attention, lol