Hiya Toys: Aliens

Reaction score
Thought I'd create a separate thread for Hiya Toys' 1/18 (3.75") scale of aliens. I just ordered the Lurker and Soldier from BBTS and may preorder the Spitter and Boiler if the quality is what I hope it is. Does anyone else have any interest in or experience with these figures? There's been talk of Hiya expanding the line and making Colonial Marines down the road.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Alien Lurker 4

Reaction score
On the verge of getting these..but really want to see the marines before I get carried away. They look terrific...but if they can get some human army builders that look as good, then I'm all in.

Reaction score
$22.99 isn't bad. He's well articulated. He's in the scale for 3.75 inch figures, but he's about 5 inches tall, himself. I want the LURKER alien. I saw 4 reviews on Youtube. The best review was by Pixel Dan. I am totally going to put this on my TO BUY list!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm simply excited by the fact that we are finally seeing some good looking Alien figures in this scale. Something tells me, though, that if I wait till we see some marines and they turn out great, then the aliens will sell out quickly, even at that price point. I'd rather just get a few now.

Reaction score
These just don't do it for me. Why would I pay more than a NECA xenomorph for something even smaller? Plus, I REALLY don't like thinking about/remembering Colonial Marines. Besides the Lurker and Warrior all the designs were stupid anyways!

Reaction score
Reaction score
These just don't do it for me. Why would I pay more than a NECA xenomorph for something even smaller? Plus, I REALLY don't like thinking about/remembering Colonial Marines. Besides the Lurker and Warrior all the designs were stupid anyways!
I never played the video game but I heard awful things about it. I have some of the larger NECA stuff but I just couldn't turn down a few of these at this scale, even if they do cost more.

Reaction score
I got the microman alien and predators, and spent a pretty penny on a squad of marines from the hot toys snap kit line. The Breakage on those was amazing, though.... so I'm desperately waiting to see the Hiya versions. I like smaller scale preferably... and cost is o.k, considering I'm not spending big on Star Wars anymore.

Reaction score
I got the microman alien and predators, and spent a pretty penny on a squad of marines from the hot toys snap kit line. The Breakage on those was amazing, though.... so I'm desperately waiting to see the Hiya versions. I like smaller scale preferably... and cost is o.k, considering I'm not spending big on Star Wars anymore.
I thought long and hard about the snap kits but they looked a bit fragile.

Reaction score
They are horribly fragile. The first one I tried to put together - Hicks - I broke three of his limbs. I was a little more careful with the Alien, and used vaseline on the joints. He was fine. It was depressing to get them and have them break so easily. That is too bad - it is a really cool set of figures.

Reaction score
Picked up the 4 aliens from BBTS. Although a little expensive, I think they work great in the 4" scale.

Boiler

Lurker

Spitter

Soldier

"Everyone squeeze together for a group shot."

Reaction score
Just discovered and started collecting this line (bored with lack of new Hasbro 3.75" SA figures). These are really slick! Giving the money I'm saving on Hasbro, I've got a nice little xenomorph infestation brewing to harass my storm troopers, even though they're a bit pricey. Also found a Revoltech queen to fill in until Hiya gets around to her. Looking forward to Hudson and Hicks later this month (on preorder)!

Reaction score
That's Hiya, all right. Haven't sprung for the loader preorder yet, but there's talk of an APC, and I would definitely be up for that.

Joints can be a bit stiff with the paint apps on the xenomorphs. If they seemed sticky at all, STOP, don't force, and dip in a teacup of hot/boiling water for a moment. So far, I'm six action figures or so in, and have only had problems with one joint (got inpatient and forced it).

Reaction score
As soon as I got my warrior the tail broke completely off at the base. ><

Reaction score
One of my lurkers' arms broke.
Won't continue with this line.... would love too but the paint apps for the marines?.. and the simplistic helmet kills it for me.
I wish my HT snap kits where less brittle but my squad still looks awesome and it's probably the best we'll see in that scale unless another company picks he license up.

Reaction score
So far, I've had decent luck. The one I forced and had issues with, a boiler, I was getting to make a xenomorph skull custom anyway, so not an issue.

I've been eyeing Microman and Snap Kits for Predators, but prices on the secondary market are prohibitive.

Reaction score
love this series. I have the complete line so far and the sculpts are amazing. I'd love to get the APC but not sure if I will. looks huge and space is always an issue as is $$$

Reaction score
I could post the link, but not sure it would work...

If you check out the HiYa Toys Facebook page they've got a video up of the APC in action. The rear section folds down so you can load troops, it's even more awesome than you think. One guys criticised it saying the side door didn't open, and HiYa shot straight back with another video showing that Yes, it does!

Still no word on the price though, but if I had to spend money on this or an App-controlled AT-AT, hmmm...

Reaction score
love this series. I have the complete line so far and the sculpts are amazing. I'd love to get the APC but not sure if I will. looks huge and space is always an issue as is $$$
Wow, you really think the sculpts are amazing? I've seen them at my LCS...was excited to find them at first but...

Well, the Aliens look good, but the marines are just generic faces and not very good ones at that...at least in my opinion.

Reaction score
Wow, you really think the sculpts are amazing? I've seen them at my LCS...was excited to find them at first but...

Well, the Aliens look good, but the marines are just generic faces and not very good ones at that...at least in my opinion.
I was just referring to the aliens on the sculpts. yes the Marines sadly are meh at best but they work well with G.I. Joe so that's a plus.

Reaction score
It is tempting, but not at $20 each. I'd have been closer to considering it if they were $15. If 4" figures are going to be $20 now, I'm probably going to have to get out. And it seems like all these "other" companies are charging that.

Reaction score
Those look great. I would like to get the first three, but I'm waiting to see if Hasbro will have any 3.75" SA stuff for the 40th anniv. If they don't show anything at Celebration, then I'll probably get the first three. I also would love to get the newest three as well. The female troopers look great. $20 may seem like a lot, but with the articulation they have as well as the accesories and the base, I can live with a few of those per year. It's not like I'm spending much money on Hasbro's SW stuff atm.

Reaction score
If anyone has been considering ordering the APC and holding off, PLEASE consider putting in a preorder. From what I understand, Hiya is as of yet under the minimum order quantity, and there exists the possibility this might not get relased. This looks like a really cool piece, the BMF of the franchise, in 1:18 scale. (I really want my APC!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lTMj-3adlws

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/46757

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL21455

Thanks!

Reaction score
I really want this as well, but displaying it is my only issue. :( For the first time I really am out of space for large items. :(

Reaction score
They are all really good, but due to the design of the original creature, the limbs are thin, so give it a warm bath before handling.