Hiya Toys - Alien and Predator 1:18 Figures

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for these, and this seemed like the right spot for it.

I never got any of their Aliens, partly because of the fragility reports, partly because the designs they used aren't my favorite Alien designs, but mostly because I already had the Hot Toys "Aliens vs Marines" snap-kits figures, and I like those Aliens far more.
I got the Hiya Hicks and Hudson, basically just to leave in the package for display, and then got a Quintero to take out and mess around with.
He seemed solid enough, but there were some pretty glaring issues, one of the biggest issues being the Marines' helmets.
I could still see myself getting a lot of them... if I didn't already have a bunch of the Hot Toys USCM snap-kits figures.
If the Hiya Marines were the only option (which they are for many) then I could deal with them, and would be glad to have Colonial Marine figures, but the Hot Toys figures are far more accurate and are my preference for USCM figures.

I LOVE THE POWER LOADER.
It was a bit pricey, but I have three with no quality issues at all, and it is just a thing of beauty to behold. Especially with the Hot Toys snap-kits Ripley in it.

I've been getting the Predators too.
I really liked the first wave with the City Hunter, Shadow Snake, and Guardian Predators.
A nice mix of skin shades and patterns, mask designs, and an unmasked guy. The plastic is a little on the rubbery side which can make some poses difficult for the figures to hold for extended periods, and it makes the ankles a little unpredictable. I love my City Hunter, but he needs a little BluTak on his feet to keep him from tumbling over and taking out the others on the shelf. It also makes it more difficult for them to hold their spears. The hands are too soft to really get a good grip on them. They will hold them for display, but bump them just slightly, and they will drop them.
Overall not perfect, but great 1:18 Predator figures.

Now that the second wave is finally out, with the Elder, Warrior, and Boar Predators, I am very glad that the plastic does not seem to be an issue anymore. They can get a solid grip on the spears now. The ankles feel like they pose better, and hold their pose better. Everything just feels more solid. The quality is even better than the first wave, and they all look fantastic together. Again a nice mix of skin shades and patterns, mask designs, and the awesome unmasked Elder.
I've had zero breakage with the Predators, and aside from the plastic issues with the first wave, have had no quality concerns at all, so far.
Really looking forward to the rest of the Predator 2 Predators (only 4 more to go - 5 if you count the cloaked City Hunter) and REALLY looking forward to the Jungle Hunter from the first film, and the USCM APC whenever it finally comes out.

Anyone else been getting these?

Reaction score
I got Hicks last year sort of on a whim after not being too interested in the line and I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I've been looking at the predators lately and I'm considering grabbing City Hunter. I'm not super inclined to pick up marines from the game, but if they did all the movie marines, I would consider it (I'd rather have NECA do the game marines since j already built up that collection).

I'm very jealous you have the snap kits. I've been keeping an eye on them literally for years on eBay and never see hicks or Ripley drop below $50.

Reaction score
Holy crap.
I just got an "in stock" notice from BBTS for my APC's!
I've had them on pre-order for over 2 years now.

Just **** my pants and shipped my POL. :grin:

Reaction score
Good to hear. Have the three new marines been released yet (Bella, Redding, and Cruz?). They've been up for pre-order for a while over here, but the date has been moved back at least 10 times now. They were scheduled for May, but now I think for September over here. The Predators are scheduled for June/July, but if the marines aren't ready I wonder of the predators will be.

Reaction score
Good to hear. Have the three new marines been released yet (Bella, Redding, and Cruz?). They've been up for pre-order for a while over here, but the date has been moved back at least 10 times now. They were scheduled for May, but now I think for September over here. The Predators are scheduled for June/July, but if the marines aren't ready I wonder of the predators will be.
Yeah they been out for a little while now. I'm thinking at least a few of months now, along with the two larger Xenomorphs, the Raven and the Crusher.
I know they were out before the last batch of Predators (Warrior, Boar, and Elder), and I got the Predators in mid-to-late December.

I REALLY wish BBTS would ship my APC order already...
Stay frosty, Marine!
I'm tryin', I'm tryin'... ;)

Reaction score
Yeah they been out for a little while now. I'm thinking at least a few of months now, along with the two larger Xenomorphs, the Raven and the Crusher.
I know they were out before the last batch of Predators (Warrior, Boar, and Elder), and I got the Predators in mid-to-late December.

I REALLY wish BBTS would ship my APC order already...

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'... ;)
Thanks for the info. They were scheduled to come out in June (finally, after being pushed back a bunch if times) and the Preds are coming in June and July, so we'll see.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. They were scheduled to come out in June (finally, after being pushed back a bunch if times) and the Preds are coming in June and July, so we'll see.
No problem.
Hiya makes some really nice looking stuff, and their quality has improved since their first round of Aliens, however their release schedules are often times estimated very aggressively, but in reality are painfully slow.

On a positive note, BBTS finally shipped my APC's!!!
After two years on pre-order, I only have to wait another few days to finally have them.
Between these, the barge, the new skiff, and the Jabba Palace playset 2019 is looking to be a pretty damn good year for 1/18.

Reaction score
Received my APC earlier today. The only real criticism I have against it is that it's color is far from being movie accurate and is nothing close to what was shown on the prototype. It's a very very dark grey (in fact almost black) with maybe a slight hint of green if the light happens to hit it just right.

Aside from that though, it is a pretty cool piece, and as a long time collector of various action figures from the ALIEN franchise, it's nice to finally have an APC designed for action figure compatibility.... Even if the only compatible figures in my collection happen to be Star Wars and not ALIENS! :p I just can't get behind those Hiya figures, but I'm hopeful that one day there will exist some worthy movie Marines to occupy this vehicle. It certainly deserves some good Marines!

On the subject of figures, I've seen that other people's APCs include the Colonial Marines Redding figure. Mine actually came with Bella, so maybe the pack-in Marine is random? Also of note, the outer shipping box (the one in which each individual APC box was packed to ship out from the factory) was marked in sharpie with a 'C/no (which I believe means 'Carton number'). Mine was marked 44/500, which makes me wonder if only 500 of APCs in total were made. I'd be surprised if that were the case since 500 is a very small order quantity... but given the apparent difficulties HIYA had in getting these produced, maybe that's what they had to do to avoid permanently tarnishing their reputation by not delivering. If they did indeed produce a lower quantity just for the sake of their loyal customers, then much respect to them and I hope they do well enough with their APC sales to allow them to strengthen their ALIENS line with more offerings in the future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought when they first showed the prototype at SDCC, they cautioned that they numbers/preorders would have to be there and the price would be higher because there might not be interest. Either way, I think it's AWESOME that were actuslly able to make it and get it shipped it out! Give me some more movie marines though (honestly I'd even pick up Winters - the star/lead character of the game)!!

Reaction score
I just got word from the shop owner where I buy my stuff that the company contacted him and said my order for Bella, Redding, and Cruz has been cancelled because the figures have sold out. They never even made it to Europe and now the figures are sold out. I'm really depressed about this because I was so looking forward to the female Marines. I wonder if my Predator order will end the same way.

Reaction score
I just got word from the shop owner where I buy my stuff that the company contacted him and said my order for Bella, Redding, and Cruz has been cancelled because the figures have sold out. They never even made it to Europe and now the figures are sold out. I'm really depressed about this because I was so looking forward to the female Marines. I wonder if my Predator order will end the same way.
See if you can get any of these to ship to Europe.

https://www.amazon.com/Hiya-Toys-Aliens-Colonial-Marine/dp/B06XY8HH4H/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=hiya+toys&qid=1554403047&s=gateway&sr=8-16

https://www.amazon.com/Hiya-Toys-Aliens-Colonial-Redding/dp/B06XYLHFHZ/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=hiya+toys&qid=1554403110&s=gateway&sr=8-22

https://www.amazon.com/Hiya-Toys-Aliens-Colonial-Marine/dp/B06XYKJ7GG/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=hiya+toys&qid=1554403110&s=gateway&sr=8-24

Reaction score
@Trooper31 - BBTS still has both Cruz and Redding in stock. If you'll be getting the APC, be aware that it comes with a free Marine, randomly packed. So far Bella and Redding are the only ones have been reported as being included.
Thanks for the heads up. The APC was originally offered as a pre-order, but I believe it's been cancelled for us as well. I haven't heard anything on it coming to Europe in a long time. The three marines were still listed a few weeks back, but the APC hasn't been for a while now.
T

Reaction score
I followed up on the APC. It seems to have been cancelled as well. Who knows, the stuff might get listed again at some point in the future or maybe they've changed their focus to their DC figures. I saw Supergil and Wonder Woman are listed for a fall release. I guess I'll see what happens with the Predators then this summer. I think they have more than 10 listed.

Reaction score
I got the APC to me in Ireland from BBTS. It came with Cruz I think. He has a bionic leg whoever he is.

But it's all about the APC to me and it is terrific. I am very pleased I got it.