Hidalgo On Luke In The Sequels

Reaction score

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
FIRST ORDER General Mickey's evil plan to buy-off critics with good reviews for his last outspewing has backfired catastrophically, with his subsequent attacks on his paying fanbase alienating an estimated 50% of them who have voted with their wallets in RESISTANCE to the state of affairs.

Desperate to save face he has sacked a director and dragged in more franchise alumni in a weak attempt to salvage a dying brand. But it is too little too late. Unfortunate and ill-judged death, survival and resurrection is all around.

As the story arc speeds towards it's anticipatedly-whimpering demise only one thing can save our brave band of non-entity heroes and undo the damage wrought. Heading off into the Unkown Regions they seek to alter history with the aid of the fabled Doc Emmett Brown.

Reaction score
FIRST ORDER General Mickey's evil plan to buy-off critics with good reviews for his last outspewing has backfired catastrophically, with his subsequent attacks on his paying fanbase alienating an estimated 50% of them who have voted with their wallets in RESISTANCE to the state of affairs.

Desperate to save face he has sacked a director and dragged in more franchise alumni in a weak attempt to salvage a dying brand. But it is too little too late. Unfortunate and ill-judged death, survival and resurrection is all around.

As the story arc speeds towards it's anticipatedly-whimpering demise only one thing can save our brave band of non-entity heroes and undo the damage wrought. Heading off into the Unkown Regions they seek to alter history with the aid of the fabled Doc Emmett Brown.
I've been trying to come up with something and checked to see if anyone else had responded....... this is depressingly poignant.

Reaction score

Hahaha

Perfect

Reaction score
to be honest, the more movies they make, the more I appreciate the PT as well. not just the OT.
I started out a huge Prequel fan, but that started to waiver in 2002 when Ep2 came out. Then I was so disgusted with the story in Ep3 that I walked away from Star Wars completely for a few months. I've never been able to form a positive opinion of the Prequels since. Sure there might be elements of each film that I like (strictly from a toy design standpoint), but I can't watch those movies any more.

A friend of mine keeps saying that there are now more bad SW movies than good.
Yeah, out of ten live action movies, we have two of the greatest films of all time (ANH and ESB ), one very good but flawed film (ROTJ), one glorified fan film that is still pretty fun to watch (Rogue One), and then a lot of garbage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
New Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren have control of the FIRST ORDER and have regrouped to launch a final assault on the remnants of the Republic, armed with the knowledge that Skywalker can no longer help them.
As the galaxy stands in the balance, a new threat has emerged that has changed everything and has begun a race against time.
The FORCE itself has become unstable, and an ancient prophecy from the Order of the Whills may foretell the rebirth of the galaxy...
or bring its end...

To me this takes the story away from Empire vs Rebellion. It could still be Rey vs Ren, but it may also force Rey and Ren to work together which is the most compelling story left in my opinion. It gives possibility that the FORCE can do what it wants and gives the story options to resurrect Palpatine and/or Skywalker. We get a more compact story where we don't have to worry about Death Stars or Galaxy Domination. We get a reference to the Jedi texts and/or Order of the Whills which I think warrants more time than just a passing reference by Chirrut in RO.

I think we are already getting a time jump which will help to forget the happenings of TLJ and focus more on this NEW THING... I think having Rey and her crew chasing the same thing that Ren and his are after gives us something new. It isn't a story of redemption for SOMEONE... it's a story of rebirth for ALL. We could have some supernatural in our Star Wars and accept it. We've seen stuff like Mortis from the Clone Wars and The Bendu from Rebels... Not saying this is perfect, but it's not unprecedented. Just no time travel Doc Brown.

Last edited:
Reaction score
New Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren have control of the FIRST ORDER and have regrouped to launch a final assault on the remnants of the Republic, armed with the knowledge that Skywalker can no longer help them.
As the galaxy stands in the balance, a new threat has emerged that has changed everything and has begun a race against time.
The FORCE itself has become unstable, and an ancient prophecy from the Order of the Whills may foretell the rebirth of the galaxy...
or bring its end...

To me this takes the story away from Empire vs Rebellion. It could still be Rey vs Ren, but it may also force Rey and Ren to work together which is the most compelling story left in my opinion. It gives possibility that the FORCE can do what it wants and gives the story options to resurrect Palpatine and/or Skywalker. We get a more compact story where we don't have to worry about Death Stars or Galaxy Domination. We get a reference to the Jedi texts and/or Order of the Whills which I think warrants more time than just a passing reference by Chirrut in RO.

I think we are already getting a time jump which will help to forget the happenings of TLJ and focus more on this NEW THING... I think having Rey and her crew chasing the same thing that Ren and his are after gives us something new. It isn't a story of redemption for SOMEONE... it's a story of rebirth for ALL. We could have some supernatural in our Star Wars and accept it. We've seen stuff like Mortis from the Clone Wars and The Bendu from Rebels... Not saying this is perfect, but it's not unprecedented. Just no time travel Doc Brown.
Rey and Ren working together is a compelling story? Yea...no thanks.

Reaction score
You don't think those 2 will get together? I'm not talking about married, but they are going to do a redemption of sorts right?

You don't see anything left as a compelling story? Certainly it's not Finn and Rose?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You don't think those 2 will get together? I'm not talking about married, but they are going to do a redemption of sorts right?

You don't see anything left as a compelling story? Certainly it's not Finn and Rose?
I don't know if they will "get together" or not (either as allies or romantic interests). But as far as compelling stories go...Rey and Ren teaming up is on the low end of the interest spectrum for me.

Reaction score
STAR WARS

Five years have passed, and allies from the Outer Rim have joined GENERAL POE DAMERON and the RESISTANCE to present a strong challenge to SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN, leader of the FIRST ORDER.

Rumors abound that LUKE SKYWALKER may yet live, and so JEDI KNIGHT REY has been away, searching the galaxy to learn the truth of these stories.

Little does Rey know, other signs have appeared of a new, yet familiar presence, one that could completely take over the Galaxy....

(pan down from the stars to a Star Destroyer passing over Endor...)

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that they are siblings, if not cousins. Regardless, as long as they don't go with that crazy time travel rumor someone posted a few weeks back, where Rey is actually Shmi Skywalker! Even the Marvel Universe, where time travel made sense to the plot, didn't do anything that stupid!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope that they are siblings, if not cousins. Regardless, as long as they don't go with that crazy time travel rumor someone posted a few weeks back, where Rey is actually Shmi Skywalker! Even the Marvel Universe, where time travel made sense to the plot, didn't do anything that stupid!
Them being related is even worse in my opinion.

Reaction score
ReY/ReN = y/n

^^ and that's exactly how much thought went into this.

(of course they're related)

Reaction score
ReY/ReN = y/n

^^ and that's exactly how much thought went into this.

(of course they're related)
LMFAO!

Oh I agree! I think they're def. related. I mean, that's what J.J. does. Parallel and Xerox copy to near plagiarism levels...and spin it as nostalgia. His Star Trek, Super 8, his Star Wars, all prime examples. It's what he does and, although I did enjoy all of those to more or less levels, they're not original and he's getting more and more shameless. The excuse will be, "Hey, it's not like Luke and Leia! They're not siblings! ...THEY'RE COUSINS!" or something. To be honest, I'm half shocked that Poe hasn't been frozen in...I don't know...time...and taken captive by a giant SNAIL space gangster. I'm half shocked there aren't any signs of tiny little hooded tribal CAT creatures. Oh it's not Jabba, they're not Ewoks...THEY'RE DIFFERENT! =p

Last edited:
Reaction score
How related though? Han had an affair with newly introduced female character, which turns out to be Rey's long lost Mother who isn't coming back for her? That works in the new scenarios where everyone is a Jedi, and can wield a Saber. But technically she would need to be Leia's Daugher to be a true Force user, unless by some coincidence Han's mistress was the Emperors Hand.

Or she's Luke's offspring, which doesn't appear to be so. Because I never mentions having kids, and you'd think he'd know his own child standing right in front of him? Unless some even more crazier **** happened there. If she somehow turns out to be Obi-Wan's offspring, then no relation.

The Emperor though? If he truly sired Anakin, then much later Rey. Then Kylo and her would still be related.

I just don't know how bat**** crazy things will/need to get. :hmm:

Reaction score
If Rey and Kylo end up being half-brother/sister, then that would just suck imo. I don't like that idea at all. If Rey is Luke's daughter, I'd be fine with that because it would explain her strong connection to the force. If Rey was cloned from Luke's cells...well, I'm not sure.

At this point my only hope is that I actually like the film.

Reaction score
STAR WARS

Five years have passed, and allies from the Outer Rim have joined GENERAL POE DAMERON and the RESISTANCE to present a strong challenge to SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN, leader of the FIRST ORDER.

Rumors abound that LUKE SKYWALKER may yet live, and so JEDI KNIGHT REY has been away, searching the galaxy to learn the truth of these stories.

Little does Rey know, other signs have appeared of a new, yet familiar presence, one that could completely take over the Galaxy....

(pan down from the stars to a Star Destroyer passing over Endor...)
I would not mind Poe having a bigger role in Ep IX. I also like the idea of the Allies being able to match the First Order. The 'Empire/FO' always seemed to loom over everything and an even fight would change things a bit.

I don't know that I want another Search for Skywalker........ that didn't go so well the first time.

Reaction score
If Rey and Kylo end up being half-brother/sister, then that would just suck imo. I don't like that idea at all. If Rey is Luke's daughter, I'd be fine with that because it would explain her strong connection to the force. If Rey was cloned from Luke's cells...well, I'm not sure.

At this point my only hope is that I actually like the film.
Agreed. I want this trilogy to end with something I can be happy about. Not sure how that can happen though honestly. The big three are gone... 4 if you include Mayhew.

Will they kill off Lando, Leia, Chewie, C-3PO, R2? That would ruin any good feelings. Can they resurrect Luke................................ or Han? I know it would probably make for a horrible plot hole, but I honestly think the only way I can come out feeling really good is with Luke and Han alive. I can be ok with it if it feels like they are gone but not forgotten, or gone but their sacrifices allowed the galaxy to live on. Han and Luke dying the way they did will just leave a bad taste in my mouth forever.

I can't decide what I like for Rey's lineage. It seems like a no-brainer that she is related somehow, but clone? reincarnation? I don't know that I like either of those. They found Luke's lightsaber from Bespin... maybe they found his hand to clone as well? Her parents dropped her off because they saw her powers as a baby and didn't think they could control it. Maybe someone else was supposed to come get her from Unkar but never did? Rey being the Skywalker that is rising makes the most sense.

Reaction score
I had no problem with Luke dying or even the way he dies. My problem is with how he was portrayed up to that point.

Han dying was expected and handled well. It made sense within the story. TLJ wasted it.

Luke isn't coming back to life - that ship has sailed.

As for Rise of the Skywalker... Skywalker is what Jedi are going to called for now on. It doesn't mean Rey is a Skywalker due to bloodlines. It means Rey is a Skywalker as in a Force user.

I really don't understand the obsession with Rey NEEDING to be related. Clearly TFA set it up that way and unfortunately TLJ ruined it but of the sins of TLJ Rey being a "nobody" is the least of them in my opinion. Obviously I would have liked to see it happen after TFA if it made sense (like if she was a Kenobi/Palpatine/whatever etc) but since the guy who wrote and directed TLJ never took the time to watch TFA that's another plot line in the trash.

Making her a bloodline Skywalker or Solo at this point would just be ridiculous. The whole clone from Luke's hand thing would be weird. I don't even know at this point. TLJ really ruined this Trilogy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But again, I think it adds up as sort of mirror image much of the ST does with the OT. Vader tells Luke the truth and Luke doesn't believe it. It seems most, myself included, believe Kylo tells Rey a lie and Rey does believes it. In essence, the same, just structure reversal. It's a good question of to HOW they'll do who she related to and how they have relations, but I do think it'll be done. For better...or worse.

Reaction score
But again, I think it adds up as sort of mirror image much of the ST does with the OT. Vader tells Luke the truth and Luke doesn't believe it. It seems most, myself included, believe Kylo tells Rey a lie and Rey does believes it. In essence, the same, just structure reversal. It's a good question of to HOW they'll do who she related to and how they have relations, but I do think it'll be done. For better...or worse.
I don't think Kylo told Rey a lie in TLJ. If JJ retcons it so be it but I think that in TLJ Kylo was telling her that truth.

Reaction score
Rey needs to be a Force-creation like Anakin. Anything else would be unjustifiable given her level of untrained talent.

In other news: I really don't care very much any more.

Reaction score
Rey needs to be a Force-creation like Anakin. Anything else would be unjustifiable given her level of untrained talent.

That would be the most logical explanation at this point.

Also...I don't really care either. Which really sucks but I WANT to care.

Reaction score
like we all care about the new "Darth Vader" comic book? or the latest Thrawn Novel?

yeah.

it's all the same now.

its hard to "care" about ANY of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I mean, I don't disagree. My interest is fleeting at BEST. That's at BEST! Usually I don't even care at all either. Even in my disappointment in the prequels, I had SOME investment. There was always that "Maybe this one will be better" false hope for me, but Last Jedi was so bad IMO that I don't even have that anymore. I've never been so casual in my sticking to the news and updates on the film. In fact, I'm not really actively looking at all. When the first trailer came out, I didn't even know until like a few days later. What does THAT say? And honestly, when the next one comes out, I probably won't even know until late as well. At FIRST I was somewhat impressed by the latest trailer, but I realize it was just the excitement of something new. I'm easily amused at first, I guess. Over time, I just grew less and less interested again. It was the same with Last Jedi. Nothing really pulled me in before the movie other than that mandatory obligation of I have to see it. But from the get go, I felt something was off, so walking into the theater was more just...something to do...rather than the usual legit excitement. Walking out...was even worse.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hmmm...don't really care either.

But...no. No more space Jesus or Jesusette. That was absolutely one of the worse pieces of nonsense from the prequels.

There has to be a better way to write this stuff.

Reaction score
I can't decide what I like for Rey's lineage. It seems like a no-brainer that she is related somehow, but clone? reincarnation? I don't know that I like either of those. They found Luke's lightsaber from Bespin... maybe they found his hand to clone as well? Her parents dropped her off because they saw her powers as a baby and didn't think they could control it. Maybe someone else was supposed to come get her from Unkar but never did? Rey being the Skywalker that is rising makes the most sense.
That could be an interesting story idea. Luke was suppose to retrieve Rey from her Parents, but got held up by the Ben betrayal. Unfortunately that doesn't work because they're too close in age.

Still like to know what happened to Snoke, to be deformed like that. Was it a parting gift from Luke in an ultimate confrontation?

The reason i want her to be a Skywalker is to carry on that lineage, and make it mean something good for a change. Anakin helped to destroyed the Order and the Republic, Luke was suppose to be the new beacon of hope for a new generation. And we assumed he was. Then TLJ happened. Now the Skywalker Legacy still seems tainted of massive failure. Especially given Kylo/Ben is a descendant of that line. Plus in EU we get Jacen turning to a Sith etc. So most of my life I've know the Skywalkers to be a blight on the Galaxy. lol

My hope was that they were going to treat Luke much better than they did in the EU.

So while she doesn't have to be related, where does the twist come in? That was the the OT's twist, and the Saga was essentially a story about the Skywalker line. In TFA it was revealed rather early that Kylo was Han and Leia's child. So no twist there. If he was a more likable character, I might root for his redemption.

Reaction score
like we all care about the new "Darth Vader" comic book? or the latest Thrawn Novel?

yeah.

it's all the same now.

its hard to "care" about ANY of it.
I was actually looking forward to the new Thrawn book and really enjoyed it.

Reaction score
You are going to get a rehashed Return of the Jedi. Kylo will turn good and die saving rey. Reys liniage will be she is a clone created so palpatine could jump into a new body. There will be a jungle Ewok style battle and Lando will die because JJ simply takes the things that were supposed to happen and puts a spin on them.then presents them like they are new. Look at all of the designs that McQuarrie made that are now in the film. A feast of Memberries awaits. Oh and there should be a wild rancor in the jungle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
the trailer tells us very clearly : "a thousand generations live in [Rey] now".

--> she is Nickelodeon's "Avatar": The Last Airbender -- she is the latest reincarnation of the "Jedi Prime"
(aka: the mural on the floor of the jedi temple in episode VIII, which IS official canon).

she is the living spirit of the first-ever light-side force user; Sheev is the living spirit of the first-ever dark-side force user.
(they grew up together under a "force tree" -- also canon)

she has been reincarnated, over and over again, for 1000 generations;
he has been alive for those same 1000 generations by switching bodies, from one host to the next.

^^ "it is known". [/voice of dothraki witch]

further speculation?
palpatine wanted vader as his "chosen one" to be his new host,
but vader became a crisp chimichanga, and then palps was all like, "why bother?"
so Kylo was being groomed for the role... but he's too much of a momma's-boy (read: he's got too much "light" in him).

end of day?
REY will become the body-host for the Ultimate Evil in the universe (aka: Sheev's Ghost). because subversion.
REN will turn to the light side, and they will fight. with swords. The End.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How did your predictions for TLJ work out for you, remind us again? :grin:

Reaction score
I like this game! :p

My pick: I'm going with the theory that Rey was cloned (by the Emperor/Darth Sidious) from Luke's severed hand - which was lost at Bespin - clutching Lukes / Vader's lightsaber - which is why the saber called to her.

When Luke receives it, he biffs it because it reminds him of his loss (literally a limb) on Bespin: he's moved on (or so he thinks).

When Rey goes into the dark side cave on Ahch-To, she sees her origin - visually represented her as multiple clones - because she is just that (a clone of Luke Skywalker) and she has no parents.

But technically, she's still a Skywalker - a female clone of Luke - and the reason TROS is called such: she will bring about a new order of force users - neither Jedi or Sith.

Perhaps her new order will literally be called 'Skywalkers'.

Also - I read (somewhere on the Interwebs) a theory that the family name 'Skywalker' refers to a specific lineage of Force-users who used it to safely navigate fleets through hyperspace (not unlike Dune's Guild Navigators), before navigation computers were created. 'Those who walked the skies'. Has anyone heard this name meaning / explanation, and if so, whether its simply nonsense EU or something other?

Any who, speculate away!

Discuss!

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm...don't really care either.

But...no. No more space Jesus or Jesusette. That was absolutely one of the worse pieces of nonsense from the prequels.

There has to be a better way to write this stuff.
Yes, there has to be, but it seems there is not.

Reaction score
My prediction is that TROS will kind of ramble along with some fun adventure type stuff and cool battles, but won't really help us understand anything and then in the last 10 minutes they'll try to give us a reason for the whole ST. Most of us will leave the cinema unsure as to what just happened and it will take a few years of endless discussions in SW forums before all of us finally understand what the whole point of the ST was and by that time Disney will decide to hit the redo button and we'll start all over again with the ST 2.0.

Reaction score
I did kinda care about how Maz ended up with the lightsaber but in TLJ she was reduced to a Ghostbuster ending a labor dispute 25 minutes after the castle she took care of for a millennium was destroy.

Or something like that.

Also Finn had met her for like an hour tops and Poe wasn't introduced to her AT ALL but somehow they decided that she was who that would reach out to you move the absolutely ridiculous plot along in TLJ.

What the hell was going on in that movie?

Reaction score
I like this game! :p

My pick: I'm going with the theory that Rey was cloned from Luke's severed hand - which was lost at Bespin - clutching Lukes / Vader's lightsaber - which is why the saber called to her.

When Luke receives it, he biffs it because it reminds him of his loss (literally a limb) on Bespin: he's moved on (or so he thinks).

When Rey goes into the dark side cave on Ahch-To, she sees her origin - visually represented her as multiple clones - because she is just that (a clone of Luke Skywalker) and she has no parents.

But technically, she's still a Skywalker - a female clone of Luke - and the reason TROS is called such: she will bring about a new order of force users - neither Jedi or Sith.

Perhaps her new order will literally be called 'Skywalkers'.

Also - I read (somewhere on the Interwebs) a theory that the family name 'Skywalker' refers to a specific lineage of Force-users who used it to safely navigate fleets through hyperspace (not unlike Dune's Guild Navigators), before navigation computers were created. 'Those who walked the skies'. Has anyone heard this name meaning / explanation, and if so, whether its simply nonsense EU or something other?

Any who, speculate away!
Discuss!
:)
I think I hate the idea of Jedi becoming Skywalkers. ..... hmmm............ yes, I hate that.

Skywalker legacy:
Shmi > Anakin > Anakin & Padme > Luke > Hero of the Rebellion *taught Kylo Ren / Ben Solo <<< last of the Skywalker line? = Skywalker name is a blight on the Galaxy
Shmi > Anakin > Anakin & Padme > Leia & Han > Ben / Kylo Ren <<< last of the Solo line? Evil = Solo name is a blight on the Galaxy

Names meant something throughout the Saga, so I guess the turn to the Dark Side is complete.

Reaction score
In all fairness regarding Maz, we dont know what has happened between the first and second movie...