Hi Yaw. New to his.

Reaction score
Well, I have inherited a Star Wars collection from a relative am trying to get a handle on what I have. I've been told I have some rare items. I posted part of the collection online and sold one of the figures (R2D2). When the person got it they said it was not on the original card. So they sent it back. Long story short, how do I make sure these are the real deal? The original owner had a couple appraised and they seem legit. I believe I have a Vader that's worth something. Anyway any help would be very mush appreciated. Thanks in advance.
www.studio414.net

Reaction score
The carded figures that are shown on your studio414.net website are all fake and poorly made fakes to boot lol!
Those are worth the price of the loose figures and accessories and that’s assuming the accessories are not repros either...

Reaction score
Agreed with the above and they would sell better without being on the cards.

Best of luck

Reaction score
Thanks! I have a few loose ones. Will try to sell those. The odd thing is I found a document authenticating three of them. The Darth Vader C-10 at $3000.00 dated seven years ago. I'm guessing the appraisal was for the figure only. Also the Leia for $1,900. A Luke with blonde hair for $2,300. I curious, how can you tell from the photos?

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why repro cards are dangerous to the hobby

Reaction score
Thanks! I have a few loose ones. Will try to sell those. The odd thing is I found a document authenticating three of them. The Darth Vader C-10 at $3000.00 dated seven years ago. I'm guessing the appraisal was for the figure only. Also the Leia for $1,900. A Luke with blonde hair for $2,300. I curious, how can you tell from the photos?
What kind of document and who signed it?
Once you've seen thousands of carded figures and had hundreds in hand, both original and fake, and you've been on the forums for years, you can tell quite easily what's original or repro from pictures. It's just about being experienced, as simple.

Reaction score
Makes since. Thank you for your input. I thought that may be it, I guess I was seeking some insight so I can tell about the rest of the collection. My nephew who owned the collection (now deceased) thought he really had something here. Once again thanks.
The letter was from a collector/expert in Florida. I will dig for it to see if I can find it. He's got some explaining to do. Some of the figures do have the rare attributes I have been able to find online.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the letter is only as good as the person who writes it. If the letter was a cert from an established grading company, that's different. If the letter is from Joe blow, it's worthless. Even if it is from a good person and a responsible collector.

Reaction score
It's spelled "y'all." I should know, I live in Georgia, lol.

This is going to be a bigger problem in 25-30 years, when the "since '77ers" like me start dying off. I need to make a note for my stepson so he'll know about a couple items in my collection that aren't vintage.

Reaction score
It's spelled "y'all." I should know, I live in Georgia, lol.

This is going to be a bigger problem in 25-30 years, when the "since '77ers" like me start dying off. I need to make a note for my stepson so he'll know about a couple items in my collection that aren't vintage.
On a positive side meaning non repro , maybe an idea of value in some form of catalogs. I was thinking about this one day when I got sick and thought about my wife selling a yak face for 10 dollars. That’s a facecpalm for sure.

My sickness was the standard cold but I was being over dramatic .

But in all seriousness, documenting what we really have and a value should help . Even if we tell them what they are and how to research the current values if they ever decide to part with them.

I guess this is the burden we bare .

My son will get me collection but that’s only if everyone goes well and there’s not a financial disaster at my departure. I made sure I have life insurance but you never know

Reaction score
I wish you had gold here but I see a lot of commons here and not the best condition

Custom carded original figs in a set of 12 have sold for a couple hundred in the past

Maybe you could list the set and see where it goes

It does look like repro issues from what has been written so far

Loose may be a better deal or at least state repro custom cards

Last edited: