hey where's the pilot?

G

hey where\'s the pilot?

Um seeing the new boxed photos of the action fleet something troubles me where are the pilots? does it come with any? or has hasbro screwed us again? I don't know about anyone else but i sure am not impressed with hasbo this year.

Ty

Reaction score
Re: hey where\'s the pilot?

Its coming!!

They said the figure would come with a large cannon bubble-thingy, as seen in the film.. and that it'd be possible to add them onto the new cloneship that is coming out..

Just be patient, it'll only be a matter of time before we have this figure (which judging by the pics looks excellent)

Reaction score

Did you even read what he said? Let's see......NO!

And to answer the question.
I don't think we know right now.

Reaction score

Easy, my friend, I understood it the same way Ry-T did it the first time I read Cloneman post, there is no need to be rude.

About the toy, I think that he price is adequate for a toy as big as they say it is, I need ti see it in stores to know if it is true, but i dont feel screwed at all.

Ty

Reaction score

In answer to your question, the ship doesn't come with a packin pilot. Hasbro has said several times (and we've reported it several times) that the pilot would be sold on a saga card and would come with the cannon (which IMO is much better)

I didn't misunderstand your question, I just gave you the answer indirectly. Now settle down

G

um sorry if any of you didn't understand
Anyway What are kids supposed to do with no pilot? that is just what I am trying to get at.

Reaction score

Originally posted by cloneman:
What are kids supposed to do with no pilot? that is just what I am trying to get at.
<font size="2" face="arial">I guess the kids will have to land the plane themselves.

- cricket - cricket - cricket -

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

Reaction score

I love when we throw in the "what about the kids" line. Like they aren't for us.

Reaction score

Well, since I already have these vehicles WITH figures, I'll be the most popular kid on my block!

In the meantime, Rebelscum has some very nice images of the figureless Action Fleet vehicles right over here. Again, absolutely no mention of figures. Galoob had TWO, Hasbro whittled it down to ONE when they took over the Episode I line, now we'll "get nothing and like it."

Suck suck suckity suck.

Reaction score

Wow Ry-T, you provided me with a much needed laugh, damn boy (or girl), you need to lay off the bong for a little while!

Reaction score

i think he's been scared away..

regarding action fleet..
if they do not make pilots does it not mean no mini figs of any kind ever?
that sucks

Reaction score

PEGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got pegged.....

G

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I AM SO PISSED OFF AT HASBRO RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I HATE THEM OOHHHHH!!!! oopps um yeah. anyway why the hell don't they put figures with them? I have an idea! lose the action features and use the extra plastic for figures. HASBRO SUCKS!

G

Oh does anyone know if hasbro has an email thing so that I can complain. sorry guys but i just have to tell them.

Ty

Reaction score

Originally posted by DarthBane:
PEGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got pegged.....
<font size="2" face="arial">Ah crap... I've been working waay to much recently (65+ hr weeks for the last month and a half) Give a guy a break

Reaction score

Okay, for anyone still confused, cloneman is asking about the ACTION FLEET vehicles ... not the Republic Gunship.

That being said, Hasbro hasn't yet shown the ACTION FlEET to come with figures, but I think they probably will. However, no one has actually seen any figs with the vehicles yet.

Reaction score

Originally posted by Ry-T:
In answer to your question, the ship doesn't come with a packin pilot. Hasbro has said several times (and we've reported it several times) that the pilot would be sold on a saga card and would come with the cannon (which IMO is much better)

I didn't misunderstand your question, I just gave you the answer indirectly. Now settle down
<font size="2" face="arial">Ry-T, no offense, but you should go back to sleep. The question is regarding the ACTION FLEET ships, not the Saga ships. If anything, this should be posted in the ACTION FLEET (oh wait, there IS no Action Fleet forum...), I mean the GALOOB forum (even though there IS no "Galoob" anymore).

But to answer the question: apparently not. I've seen several shots of ACTION FLEET vehicles loose and packaged. The packaging text itself implies there will be NO ACTION FLEET FIGURES with the vehicles.

Sucks, doesn't it? Hasbro takes a once venerable line and...

Ty

Reaction score

<font size="2" face="arial">By the way, it seems pretty obvious now that I did misunderstand the question.. Maybe I should just move this to the Galoob section, and ask BP rename that part of the forums.. then it actually will belong somewhere.....

Cloneman, there used to be an email address that you could contact Hasbro, but all you'd ever get was the same old automated response "Thank you for your feedback, we will give your suggestions to the applicable party, you are important to us yak yak yak.."

I can't seem to find that address on Hasbro's site, but if you're really serious about getting some straight answers.. try here.. (3rd link down)

I don't know how well they handle this sort of situation, but it might be worth a shot if you guys all get together and raised your concerns.

[ 07-12-2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Ry-T ]

G

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Ry-T:
<font size="2" face="arial">By the way, it seems pretty obvious now that I did misunderstand the question.. Maybe I should just move this to the Galoob section, and ask BP rename that part of the forums.. then it actually will belong somewhere.....

Cloneman, there used to be an email address that you could contact Hasbro, but all you'd ever get was the same old automated response "Thank you for your feedback, we will give your suggestions to the applicable party, you are important to us yak yak yak.."

I can't seem to find that address on Hasbro's site, but if you're really serious about getting some straight answers.. try here.. (3rd link down)

I don't know how well they handle this sort of situation, but it might be worth a shot if you guys all get together and raised your concerns.
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Lol, I thought you´d get it by the second time you replied. And it looks like you also forgot to move this topic to the Galoob section.

Like MisterPL said, better go back to sleep Tyler.

Reaction score

SIXTY-FIVE-HOUR WEEKS? Obviously we need to find Ry-T a new job with shorter hours and better pay. Any time real world responsibilities start to infringe on this board, it's time to make a change. After all, careers come and go, but collecting Star Wars is forever.

And Ry-T, I really like that name-change idea! You should say something to BP!

Back on topic:

I collected both Action Fleet and the 3 3/4", but the action figures have always taken priority. When Episode I product first swamped the shelves, I couldn't afford to buy everything and waited for the Action Fleet line to drop to clearance prices. I suspect a lot of collectors did the same.

This resulted in a LOT of overstock for retailers. The former Galoob line performed poorly, partly because of TOO much product being available all at once. But also because when Hasbro took the line over, they started short-changing the product. The only thing they really fixed was the Alpha Series vehicles, making the CONCEPT vehicle large-scale. Unfortunately, by the time the Alpha Series was scheduled to hit retail, stores bought way down making these sets pretty hard to find. The last wave of standard vehicles were pretty hard to come by as well. I'm still missing a Sith Infiltrator, my favorite vehicle from Episode I.

Fast-forward to April 2002 - Hasbro releases another glut of figures, but thankfully holds back on the Action Fleet line. They've cheapened the product still by using old molds, removing some action features, and losing the figures. For a quick and dirty 25th Anniversary line, I can forgive them... a little. But future assortments based on AOTC also seem to be missing the figures.

Here's my theory: the Target exclusives are a test. Hasbro wants to see how well Battle Packs will sell if the $9.99 vehicles don't come with figures. I'm guessing that we'll see new Battle Pack assortments that will include not only army-builders but pilots as well. Think of it: a consumer buys an X-wing and wants a Luke pilot to go with it. There's a Luke pilot in the Battle Pack pegged right above it that also comes with other figures and cool X-wing hangar accessories. Hasbro's just turned one sale into two.

If I'm right, Hasbro better start featuring these alleged Battle Packs on their Action Fleet packaging soon!

Ty

Reaction score

MisterPL, its just the nature of the work I do. I work in a hospital in maintenance, but I'm also oncall for any emergencies including fire rescue, etc.. I can come in for an 6 hour shift and leave 15 hours later.. (it happens all the time)

Anyhow, for the record.. I think a name change will be coming in the next few days..

Topic moved

G

There will be no action fleet figures ever!
The reason for this is hasbro says the just want to concentarte on making goood detailed and decorated colectors pices instaed of halving the costs with the figures but by the looks of the solor sailer you can see this is the crapest excuse of em all,if anyone wants the hasbro phone number ill post it here or check out ssg forums

G

Just wanted to add my voice of protest about the lack of little people.

Hopefully Hasbro will see the error of their ways.