Here's one way to get the price you want.....

Reaction score
Here\'s one way to get the price you want.....

This is by no means a high dollar auction, but the seller was amusing anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bespin-Security-Guard-black-version_W0QQitemZ6048797686QQcategoryZ50274QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He's selling a nice looking Black Bespin Security Guard starting at $5.99. Pretty good price. The funny thing is in his auction he states:

"I charge a handling fee but very very small but nothing to loose sleep over."

Not a big deal since he's telling everyone up front. But I was interested in the figure and certainly wouldn't bid until I knew what he considered a 'very very small' amount.

So I emailed him and asked 'What is the handling fee on this figure?' This is the reply I got:

"Handling fee is nothing to loose sleep over, not sure til auction ends. Thanks."

Now why wouldn't he know what his handling fee is until after the auction ends? He's got good feedback, so it's probably not outrageous, but why be so mysterious? Is it his way of making sure he get's a certain dollar amount for his auction?

Reaction score
Re: Here\'s one way to get the price you want.....

I agrre with you "about keeping the mystery" and I don´t understand why he doesn´t tell you.We are talking a small figure. I also think he should be leaving it clearly in his auctions.

Regards

Miguel

Reaction score

I would not bid either. Sounds to me he was going to stick it to you.

Reaction score

That's what I thought. Even if he considered a few dollars 'nothing to lose sleep over' that would be a pretty hefty surcharge for a low dollar item.

He had nearly 60 of these auctions too, so even a few extra bucks per auction would add up nicely for him. But it may have backfired because nearly 2/3 of the auctions went without a single bid.

Reaction score

I was looking at these auctions also. He did have some nice looking figures, but being shady before the auction even ends is a bad idea. I wanted to bid and asked also, but received a similar response. Oh well, I guess.