Herbs Collection

Reaction score
Added some frames for my Sith Lord Official Pix prints to accompany my lightsabers. Still to figure out a display for them...

Reaction score
These not being truly prints, but OPX photos, I would have signed them before too late. Lee is gone alas, JEJ doesn't sign anymore unless you get a deal through OPX, same with Prowse. McDiarmid would be also great. But that is just me :)

Reaction score
Herb...would I be assuming correctly that you’re down for the HT 1/6 Dooku?

Reaction score
"Welcome home, Lord Tyranus"
I've literally spent hours in awe of this figure, and yet to find a definitive pose there's so many to choose from.

Reaction score
Very nice Herb. He did turn out good.

I'm hoping to pick this one up soon. Seen some good prices on the'bay from sellers in the Far East but I've held off until after LFCC this weekend before I bite the bullet.

I skipped Anakin but pre ordered the EP3 Obi Wan. Error on my part as I now wish that i had Anakin as well.
Hopefully a dealer will have one at LFCC for sensible price. If not, i'll look at the 'bay and pick one up.

Reaction score
Thanks mate!
I’d love to go to LFCC, hope you find Anakin...I believe Hayden will be there in person?
Enjoy!:)

Reaction score
Nice one! £145 though for an auto? Woof! that’s a down payment for Hot Toys for me. :)
Would be great to meet him I guess.

Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu! I’ve wanted a 1:6 Count Dooku for some time. Finally good to have all the Sith Lords from the movies.

Reaction score
He sure does! Has to be one of Hot Toys best headsculpts, the tailoring and accessories are second to none as well.

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the late Christopher Lee and in addition to Dooku, i recently picked up Star Ace's 1:6 scale Count Dracula. Stunning figure!

Reaction score
Thanks glad you like it mate! Star Ace make some nice figures, their Marilyn Monroe is epic too.

Reaction score
I have several Star Ace, including their Great Escape Steve McQueen. I love Hammer Horror, especially anything with Lee & Cushing. Beautiful piece!

Reaction score
Nice one, Jon! If their Dracula is anything to go by I can bet they look amazing.

Reaction score
Having some fun with my Count Dracula and got two new TVC Rogue One figures.

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the retro Tarkin, Herb. I like the retro line. I've picked up all the ones they have released so far, except for the "rainbow" Vader which I really don't care about. Are you going to remove the sticker on your figure? I removed it on mine just to reveal the whole image on the card.

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the retro Tarkin, Herb. I like the retro line. I've picked up all the ones they have released so far, except for the "rainbow" Vader which I really don't care about. Are you going to remove the sticker on your figure? I removed it on mine just to reveal the whole image on the card.
Thanks, I like it a lot. It’s surprising they never released Tarkin originally back in the day.
Regarding the “rainbow” Vader I dislike it mainly because the cardback depicts an ESB/ROTJ style Vader on a ANH card.
Think I’ll remove the sticker on Tarkin. Was it easily removed or any risk of tearing the picture if it’s well adhered?

Reaction score
They can be removed but slwoly and with care. You also need a chemically aided assist. I tore my first Tarkin card trying to remove with a hair dryer to losen the glue.look on youtube for instructions.

Reaction score
Hmm, don't think adding any chemical solvents is a good idea. Risk ruining the card, hell i wouldn't even put fresh water near them.
Previously on older cards(2010 TVC) i've used heat to remove them successfully, but i've read the recent cards are using thinner cardstock hence the risk of tearing.
Not in a rush to remove it anyway. I did notice on the cardbacks that have the sticker removed, Tarkin's rank badge is incomplete.

Reaction score
I did all of mine by swabbing alcohol sparingly around the edges and letting it soak in and lifting the stickers. I. Did about 3 sets and only 1 card got some minor damage. Then i cleaned the sticky resedue off with goo gone sparingly applied.

Reaction score
Thanks, I like it a lot. It’s surprising they never released Tarkin originally back in the day.
Regarding the “rainbow” Vader I dislike it mainly because the cardback depicts an ESB/ROTJ style Vader on a ANH card.
Think I’ll remove the sticker on Tarkin. Was it easily removed or any risk of tearing the picture if it’s well adhered?
There are several ways you can do it according to what others have posted, therefore whatever you feel it is what you think will work best for you is what you should do. The way I did mine is how I've been doing it for years and I have never encountered an issue with the finish of the paper as far as ripping, discoloration or separation from the cardstock. I've been using this method to remove labels from Toys R Us boxes and figures since back in the day when I used to collect action figures. All it requires is a steady hand and some patience, and it is relatively easy to do. Someone else (Irish Jedi) did the same thing for his figures without any issues. If you are interested in seeing how I removed the stickers from my cards, you can find a step by step picture "guide" and some explanation ... right here.

I know you mentioned not wanting to use chemical solvents, and I can understand the hesitation; I wouldn't want to damage the card finish either. That said, while the "Lighter fuel" name might sound a little intimidating, this product is actually recommended by the manufacturer to remove labels on all surfaces, so there is no harm to the card as far as my own experience with it can tell you. My cards are just as perfect today as when I removed the stickers from them four months ago. If you choose to do this to the Tarkin card, just use caution, don't over saturate the sticker, don't rub hard on it with the Q-tip and try not to get a ton of the fuel directly on the card. That said, being the glue on these so sticky, there's always a chance of tearing up the paper.

Note: Some folks don't like using my method and that's fine. Someone said it will damage the card as the years pass, creating some sort of bubble. Everyone is entitled to their opinion based on his/her own experience. That said, I have never had an issue. As a matter of fact, this princess Leia card below, when I picked it up back in the day, had a price sticker on it and I used this method to remove it. That was a couple of decades ago. Still as good as new ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Julian! Always ever so helpful in your descriptions.
And wow! Your signed Leia cardback, surely a treasured piece?

Reaction score
You are welcome, Herb. I love the fact I got to meet Carrie Fisher and having her signature on the card. Also that card was packed at one per case back in the day when I found it so it was like finding gold at the time, and I also like the design of the card itself. For all of those reasons I treasure it. I only wish the figure itself would have had a better likeness. Honestly, she looks horrible! So, that is the not so treasury part of it. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bet that was a memorable meeting CF and is the figure known as the infamous "monkey leia" ?:)

I'm back to my uncontrollable collecting habits:sneaky: after selling all my original VOTC & TVC figures...i've caved and bought more from the newer waves.
This started with a few Rogue One figs, then Solo....and so on...the cardbacks are just too cool:awesome: i can't be cured!

Reaction score
Yes. It was indeed memorable. She was very friendly with my wife and I at Celebration, and I remember her being such a tiny lady. Very nice memory, indeed. And yes, the infamous "Monkey Leia". I mean ...just look at her! :) but a very nostalgic card nonetheless as it marked the beginning of POTF2 and for me to actually become a Star Wars collector sometime in '95 or '96.

I always say it is best to collect what really motives you, what really makes you happy. It is always great to get recommendations about what to buy based on the quality of any given product, but in the end it is really our decision to buy/collect what's truly attractive to us, despite what anyone else would say. It's like going to the theater to see a movie. I can't count the many times I've read comments by other people and critics about a movie being horrible, and yet I've chosen to go see it, and have loved it. It all comes down to individual taste. The cards you are choosing to collect are simply beautiful, very attractive design. These days I only collect OT, as contrary to 9 years ago when I was collecting every single action figure from every single movie. I tell you, if I were still collecting that way these days, for sure I would have picked up those cards in your picture. We are sucked into pop culture, and it is like the saying under Sergiu's signature: there's no cure for it; it just mutates. Congrats on your new cards, and I hope you enjoy them for many years to come. :)

Last edited: