Herb's collection

Reaction score
Herb\'s collection

Originally i was just going to collect the Sith sabers, but as you'll see i picked up a few other pieces along the way

Here's some pictures of my prop replica collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Herb\'s collection

very nice collection

like the display case you used with the sabers and darth on top

keep on scumming

andy

Reaction score

Thank you kindly. They're my prize possesions

Reaction score

Nice collection Herb, looking good, quick question is the display case from the Amalfi range @ Argos?

KBA

Reaction score

Not sure if the UK has JYSK stores, but those look identical to the TOBIAS line. Great disply, I really like the floating shelves. They just work so well with peices in display cases

Reaction score

Thanks KBA, floating shelves are the way to go..no hideous brackets on show here

Reaction score

Cool collection! What is that stormie helmet?

Reaction score

Hi Sergiu, that is the controversial Shepperton(SDS) Stunt Helmet. lol

Reaction score

Good stuff Herb!

I agree, your Vader case is very cool!

Reaction score

Herb said:
Hi Sergiu, that is the controversial Shepperton(SDS) Stunt Helmet. lol
I knew I recognized the plaque but wasn't sure. Is it a nice helmet?

Reaction score

Yeah, it's a pleasing helmet to the eye. I think it captures the look of the ANH stormies perfectly, i prefer the stunt version to the hero.
I dunno the stunt just seems to define the look of the stormtrooper to me.
In terms of materials used its nothing compared to the quality of Master Replicas.
It's a completely different type of collectable.

Reaction score

Herb said:
Yeah, it's a pleasing helmet to the eye. I think it captures the look of the ANH stormies perfectly, i prefer the stunt version to the hero.
I dunno the stunt just seems to define the look of the stormtrooper to me.
In terms of materials used its nothing compared to the quality of Master Replicas.
It's a completely different type of collectable.
Still looks absolutely superb! Have you seen that Play are doing the Master Replicas Stormtrooper CE for £49.99. Well worth checking out.

Reaction score

I seen that btoTHeg, very tempting but i couldnt justify having two Stormtrooper helmets...or could i?

Reaction score

LOL, No i cant(must stick to sith lord focus
)

Reaction score

You should get the CE, it is pretty cool especially with a plaque made by our friend PANTHER and a stand!
I'm getting the eFX and also have the CE already.

Reaction score

I have a new addition to my collection. The EFX AOTC trooper helmet!

Reaction score

Great pieces Herb...I love the display cabinets, especially the one were Vader Helmet is resting on...

Reaction score
It's been a while since i added any prop replicas to my collection...but today i finally got my hands on my very own E11 blaster:awesome:

Couldn't believe the shear heft of this iconic weapon. I've hardly put it down since i got it, loving it!

Reaction score
Congrats! The Stormtrooper blaster is a fantastic prop, one of my favorites! B) I love it. But since you are in UK I would recommend to try getting a real deactivated Sterling converted as Stormtrooper blaster - UK has the best, my Sterling is from UK too. You'll see the difference ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu, is the MR version heavier than the deactivated sterling ?
I know you said the SDS is a whole lot lighter...

Reaction score
The MR is not as heavy as a real Sterling but close. The SDS is made for trooping so is made of plastic, thus lighter. I wouldn't try trooping with a full-metal blaster in my hands, not just because of the police but because you'd get tired easily. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd like to get one of each 1:1 scale helmet myself for the evolution display..., I think it looks good!!! Nice collection Herb. :)

Reaction score
I'd like to get one of each 1:1 scale helmet myself for the evolution display..., I think it looks good!!! Nice collection Herb. :)
Thanks for the compliments kevb0977:)
I've noticed there's some good deals to be had on eBay at the minute for both types of Clone helmets.

Reaction score
But since you are in UK I would recommend to try getting a real deactivated Sterling converted as Stormtrooper blaster - UK has the best
These are ten a penny over here. No, seriously..... a good quality deac would be about £300. They're not rare at all. There are literally thousands on the market.

Reaction score
In fact they are not that easy to be found, I know of a couple UK 501st members trying for some time to get a good one and no success yet. In US there is Unique-Canes having them, so even if their stuff is good, it is not as good as an EU deactivation. But in UK there is the best chance to get one. Also very important to see its quality (damage, paint, components) and the deactivation time. If talking about old deactivation then that is closer to the real deal, if new deactivation, then parts like the bolt are removed and replaced with blocks of metal, quite ugly. After that you need to get the tank scope, cylinders, t-tracks and Hengstler. After that you can have one of the best Stormtrooper blaster out there, way above the MR version. You can even get a custom stand. :)

Reaction score
In the DK Visual Guide book they show a version with little button/washer type greebles placed at the back of the weapon. Any ideas what version this is ANH ESB ROTJ???

Reaction score
That is ROTJ, but that is not a Sterling anymore, it is resin or a Model Gun Corporation replica