Hera Syndulla's A-Wing

Reaction score
Yeah it's a neat ship, and I would have bought it for $15 at Walmart if I had seen it, but $22 is still a bit high for why I want it. I heard the Nerf was removable though, or am I mistaken?
I'm not sure whether I'm understanding your question. However, I'll reprint something I posted earlier on this thread - this may help:

I don't know if this is normal or not, but here's what's going on with my Nerf launcher on this A-wing: You can put the Nerf missle in the slot, pull it back, & it does fire, but the plastic tube cannot be "pulled back" with the missle, like it shows in the pictures. Actually, I think this looks better - and, from the little I know about springs on toys, it seems like the spring is getting less strain since the tube isn't being pulled back. I don't consider this "broken" however, since the Nerf missle does fire.

I do like the fact that there are "holders" on each side of the missle tube to hold the two nerf missles. I took this out of the box & discarded the packaging (I do this with all of my vehicles that I plan on opening, since packaging takes up too much room). So, I can easily display this without worrying about losing the missles.

Reaction score
found 3 of the A-wing for 7 bucks this morning at Walmart. I picked up a second one for Sabine to fly. Anyone want the Hera I already have her from the first A-wing I bought.

Reaction score
Found 2 at Walmart for $7. Only bought one though now I'm sort of wishing I had picked up the second. May go back and grab it if its still there tomorrow.

Reaction score
found 3 of the A-wing for 7 bucks this morning at Walmart. I picked up a second one for Sabine to fly. Anyone want the Hera I already have her from the first A-wing I bought.
I'll buy it if you still have her. I've been looking for one on clearance with no luck.

Reaction score
My Wal-mart has no trace of these Rebels A-wings now; I guess I got the last one about a week ago. To those of us who got this for either $15 or $7, we should consider ourselves lucky. Again, this a great ship & it's unlikely it'll be re-issued - due to it being a Rebels (and non-movie) vehicle.
The A-wing is featured in The Last Jedi, possibly as Poe's vehicle, so I would imagine we'll get another release. A repaint and/or variant there of. Would love a blue Macquarrie concept, but that would be close too what fan's actually want.

Reaction score
The A-wing is featured in The Last Jedi, possibly as Poe's vehicle, so I would imagine we'll get another release. A repaint and/or variant there of. Would love a blue Macquarrie concept, but that would be close too what fan's actually want.
I would much, MUCH prefer a retool of the PotF/ PotF II/ SAGA/ Legacy A-Wing. This one I probably wouldn't even buy if it was marked down for $7!

Reaction score
I would much, MUCH prefer a retool of the PotF/ PotF II/ SAGA/ Legacy A-Wing. This one I probably wouldn't even buy if it was marked down for $7!
I do like the mould of the new one sans the nerf garbage and I hate smoked glass if you can't see the figure, so I'm glad this one is not too dark. But if they do release this new mould with the movie paint, or a MacQuarrie deco, please pick up 3 of each for $7, I will buy them off you for $30 a peice, plus shipping and will still be in front for what they clear for here in Australia

Reaction score
I pulled the springs out of the nerf feature like our man Nighthawk has done in the TIE Striker, took the smaller spring and placed it the opposite end in the opposite side channel on the inside of the cavity to hold the tube back inside it. You could put anything in there to fill it to look like a missile or sensor. I actually have a bullet shaped led tea light. I'm really happy with it and all I have left over is the large spring.

Reaction score
Lol so much for that image hosting service.

Here was the intended comparison to the German jet fighter above. I actually like this vehicle with that minor adjustment. It has a stubby beefier look to it.

Reaction score
I really wanted to remove the entire Nerf assembly but it was too hard so I converted it to have retractable cannons. Got the idea from the Phantom.

Added controls in the cockpit so pilot won't rock around in the cockpit.

Reaction score
Thanks! It took a while to figure out what to do with it. I wanted to just remove the entire Nerf assembly but didn't know how I would be able to make landing gear for it though and then got this idea when I was tearing apart my TLJ Ski Speeder and saw the cannons.

Reaction score
I changed my mind again. Because the guns were too long to retract fully and there is still a gaping hole on the front, I decided to ditch that idea and just make it a Advanced Scout A-Wing or something. Maybe even a transport ship where the bottom portion is used for transporting weapons or something for ground troops or just be part of a sensor array for jamming the enemy. Regardless, I'm happy there is no gaping hole on the front anymore.

Reaction score
Nice pics. This Rebels A-wing is a great little vehicle. Glad I was able to find it for a great sale price about a year ago.

Reaction score
Ok, in spite of all my anti nerf ranting, I broke down and bought one once it hit clearance. And I gotta say...
This is a good sturdy mold. Very playable even for the resident 8 year old.
The nerf feature is a lot less intrusive and obvious than I expected. When I ordered it, my plan was to remove it. I may leave it as is for now.
Now to the criticisms...
I really don't get why they made the cannons hollow. Especially how noticable it is.
The last thing is the "wings" on the base of the cockpit don't arch downward to match the angle of the fuselage. Yeah, I know, knit picky. But that's just how I am sometimes...