Hera Syndulla's A-Wing

Reaction score
Super Rogue One spoilers below.

Spoiler:  
Doh, I missed Chopper. Make sense since they have a working astromech already used in the Rebels Recon show. I did hear the "paging General Syndula" over the paging system. I thought they were talking about Cham, but it makes sense that it's Hera. I only saw the Ghost during the scene from the trailer. So I will have to keep an eye out for it in other scenes. Hey, was that Red Leader guy supposed to be the same Red Leader from Episode IV? It sure looked like him.

It sure was a fun movie.

Reaction score

Spoiler:  
Doh, I missed Chopper. Make sense since they have a working astromech already used in the Rebels Recon show. I did hear the "paging General Syndula" over the paging system. I thought they were talking about Cham, but it makes sense that it's Hera. I only saw the Ghost during the scene from the trailer. So I will have to keep an eye out for it in other scenes. Hey, was that Red Leader guy supposed to be the same Red Leader from Episode IV? It sure looked like him.

It sure was a fun movie.
  Spoiler:  
Chopper is in the scene where the private rushes to Mon Mothma to inform her of the Rogue One team on Scarif. He's somewhere in the left of the frame.

Reaction score

Spoiler:  

It sure was a fun movie.
  Spoiler:  
100% sure :) that is the same pilot, Gold leader is the same too. Digitally re-inserted or maybe cgi, most likely the first

Reaction score
Picked one up for about $22. Honestly it isn't bad, Nerf gun sucks but isn't that terrible unless you have it eye level. Looks fine for a hanger display or sitting on a lower shelf. I actually used it to prop the A wing on its side for a more dynamic look. As for being undersized it is but it doesn't actually hurt the design or anything since its already meant to be small. I put it next to a few different things(even the Clone Wars Y-Wing) and it looked fine. Honestly I kinda want a 2nd for Sabine Hera is way better than the 2pack release despite being the same sculpt. Her arms and legs aren't so squished so the pose for 1 looks a bit more interesting. Despite the permanent helmet her face looks much better painted compared to the original. Lastly she is made out of better plastic, it isn't that cheap slick glossy plastic the original had.

Reaction score
Well, I've never even seen this ship! If I had and it was on sale, I might have bought one. Nifty looking little ship, the more I see pics of it.

Reaction score
Has anyone ever posted a SKU on this, so that one could use Brickseek? I looked through this thread, but no luck.
For $15 I might just get this, it reminds me of the old days an how much ships cost! lol

Also, it's too bad that this is so much smaller than the TIE Striker. I had thought about putting the wings of the Striker onto the A-Wing. In my head it looked cool!

Reaction score
Has anyone ever posted a SKU on this, so that one could use Brickseek? I looked through this thread, but no luck.
For $15 I might just get this, it reminds me of the old days an how much ships cost! lol

Also, it's too bad that this is so much smaller than the TIE Striker. I had thought about putting the wings of the Striker onto the A-Wing. In my head it looked cool!
I'd be curious to see a sketch of your idea Masterfett.. also what would you call your creation?

Reaction score
Wow, Found one last night at a Wal-Mart for 15.00. oddly enough another had clearance Ezer's speeder for 12.00 but only the old packaging not the RO one. was so hoping it was for the new packaging ones, they had 3 Imp ones there.

Reaction score
I picked up the Rebels A-wing this morning for 15 big ones too. I took out of the box boy it is small. Really not worth 30 bucks. Sorry but I am glad I waited. Its a neat little fighter though and I do like the nod to McQuarrie's design sketch.

Reaction score
My WM has three speeders on clearance. Ezra, Rebels Imperial, and some TFA speeder. Each at $20. Uhm. I'll wait until they are $12.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, everyone. $15 is a fantastic price for this A-wing, considering it was $30 when it first hit retail. That being said, I would never have paid $30 due to it being way overpriced - considering this is such a small vehicle. Obviously, $15 is a lot more reasonable - based on what you're actually getting.

I haven't seen this @ my local Wal-mart yet, but will look for this at some point. Will definitely pick this up if I can find it for that price; I like the A-wing design, and it's cool how it's used on the show. This is almost a semi-throwback?! to the underrated & excellent Droids cartoon (1985-1986), which also featured the A-wings.

Reaction score
I'd have picked this up if I found clearance, but none of my Walmarts decided to clearance them.

Reaction score
Got lucky & picked this Rebels A-wing earlier today on clearance today @ Wal-mart; I got the last one. It was listed as $15, but it actually scanned @ $7. Wow, what a great deal for this cool little ship. The small size makes it nice & compact, and it doesn't take up a lot of space (which is good, since I don't have much room) - but it's still got a lot of great detail. I don't mind the Nerf missles at all - they're not obvious when stored underneath the ship, and when you put one in the missle tube it's concealed until you shoot this out. Note that the "force" that's used when this is shot out is fairly significant, or at least it was on mine. The Hera is nice to have, but I'm not really collecting the Rebels figures for the most part (not into the animated "look" of most of the characters) so I would have got the ship whether or not it came with the Hera.

Is this worth the full retail price of $30? He!! to the no - not even close. Is it worth $15?! Most definitely.

Reaction score
Heard rumblings of $7 finds but mine was only down to 15. Still a great deal and was happy to finally pick it up
picked it up tonight for $7. last one. For that price i couldn't pass it up. I'm really happy with both the figure and the ship. Hera is the only rebels figure i don't have.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is normal or not, but here's what's going on with my Nerf launcher on this A-wing: You can put the Nerf missle in the slot, pull it back, & it does fire, but the plastic tube cannot be "pulled back" with the missle, like it shows in the pictures. Actually, I think this looks better - and, from the little I know about springs on toys, it seems like the spring is getting less strain since the tube isn't being pulled back. I don't consider this "broken" however, since the Nerf missle does fire.

I do like the fact that there are "holders" on each side of the missle tube to hold the two nerf missles. I took this out of the box & discarded the packaging (I do this with all of my vehicles that I plan on opening, since packaging takes up too much room). So, I can easily display this without worrying about losing the missles.

Sorry I can't take pictures; I don't know how to add these to this post.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is normal or not, but here's what's going on with my Nerf launcher on this A-wing: You can put the Nerf missle in the slot, pull it back, & it does fire, but the plastic tube cannot be "pulled back" with the missle, like it shows in the pictures. Actually, I think this looks better - and, from the little I know about springs on toys, it seems like the spring is getting less strain since the tube isn't being pulled back. I don't consider this "broken" however, since the Nerf missle does fire.

I do like the fact that there are "holders" on each side of the missle tube to hold the two nerf missles. I took this out of the box & discarded the packaging (I do this with all of my vehicles that I plan on opening, since packaging takes up too much room). So, I can easily display this without worrying about losing the missles.

Sorry I can't take pictures; I don't know how to add these to this post.
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'll mess around with it to see if it'll fire. I was looking at the ship again this morning, what a cool little ship. I really like the look of it. (something tells me that paying $7 is what's making me happy. lol)

Reaction score
To clarify what I wrote in my last post (no edit button), if you put the Nerf missle in the tube & pull back the tube, in my A-wing the missle will "snap" in the launching mechanism, but the tube itself will remain in place - I can't pull this back & snap it in the "launch" position. Again, since the Nerf missle does launch/work, I don't know if this is actually "broken".

Reaction score
To clarify what I wrote in my last post (no edit button), if you put the Nerf missle in the tube & pull back the tube, in my A-wing the missle will "snap" in the launching mechanism, but the tube itself will remain in place - I can't pull this back & snap it in the "launch" position. Again, since the Nerf missle does launch/work, I don't know if this is actually "broken".
I understood your initial comment, and you are correct, it's not broken. Turns out i am an idiot. lol, nah, well sort of sometimes. I've never seen any nerf toy work the way this does, it's odd. When i shake it i hear what sounds like a little spring rolling around, so I that was part of the reason i thought it was broke. Appreciate the help with this.

Reaction score
I understood your initial comment, and you are correct, it's not broken. Turns out i am an idiot. lol, nah, well sort of sometimes. I've never seen any nerf toy work the way this does, it's odd. When i shake it i hear what sounds like a little spring rolling around, so I that was part of the reason i thought it was broke. Appreciate the help with this.
No problem. I'm thinking this is the way it's supposed to work, even though it's not immediately obvious when looking at the directions.

In any case, this is a great little vehicle - and, if I can get another one for the same low price (doubtful) I may do so.

Reaction score
My Wal-mart has no trace of these Rebels A-wings now; I guess I got the last one about a week ago. To those of us who got this for either $15 or $7, we should consider ourselves lucky. Again, this a great ship & it's unlikely it'll be re-issued - due to it being a Rebels (and non-movie) vehicle.

Reaction score
They had an A-Wing on the set on TLJ when Prince Willaim and Prince Harry visited the set, so we might see this version re-released as a TLJ vehicle in the fall. Also, Hasbro basically just re-released most of the same vehicles for RO that they'd had for TFA, so we might see this with Hera agin in the fall.

Reaction score
These are available on Amazon for around $22 bucks. Tempted, but man that Nerf dart thing just looks UGLY.

Reaction score
Yeah it's a neat ship, and I would have bought it for $15 at Walmart if I had seen it, but $22 is still a bit high for why I want it. I heard the Nerf was removable though, or am I mistaken?

$22 is still a decent price for a ship though, what it should have been all along.

Reaction score
I searched for the A-Wing on clearance to no avail. I was only interested in the Hera figure, and I would have traded the ship. Perhaps they'll repaint her figure in another flight suit for Season 4.

Reaction score
Well, since A-Wings will return, there's more even possibilities to reissue it. It's the newest mold after all.

Reaction score
Well, since A-Wings will return, there's more even possibilities to reissue it. It's the newest mold after all.
Yeah, but this mold being based on an animated ship, I don't think it would work for a movie version. It's not realistic enough, and we all know it's a lot smaller.

Reaction score
After seeing how tiny this is and how bad the Nerf feature looks, I'm seriously hoping they won't use this mold for the TLJ A-Wing.

I have a bad feeling about this, though...

Reaction score
I can't imagine Hasbro using the same mold for the TLJ A-Wing. the ships are different. I can see them continuing to use Nerf features on the ships though.

Reaction score
Yeah, but this mold being based on an animated ship, I don't think it would work for a movie version. It's not realistic enough, and we all know it's a lot smaller.
While true, I'd say that the differences would be lost on the average consumer.