Hera Syndulla's A-Wing

Reaction score
I was shocked by how small it was once I got it open. I still like it though. Don't get me wrong, It would have been great to get the vintage mold with a new paint job, but this is a fun little ship. I would have had a lot of fun with this if I were a kid. There is no removing the nerf launcher from the bottom, but the ship still looks good sitting on the shelf. I'd pick up some more of these in different paint schemes if they became available.
Is the ship designed only to fit Hera in the cockpit or can you get normal sized or larger figures in there? Would Zeb fit in the cockpit, for instance?

Reaction score
Is the ship designed only to fit Hera in the cockpit or can you get normal sized or larger figures in there? Would Zeb fit in the cockpit, for instance?
Zeb won't fit in there, but some of the others might i.e. Sabine or Ezra

Reaction score
I took the nerf launcher mechanism off of the A-wing last night, and even though the top part was molded with the rest of the ship, it is actually a considerable improvement on the overall look of the ship, especially since the launcher is almost as big as the ship itself. The only issue is that it now has no way to stand.

It is woefully undersized, but it is a neat looking ship. I like the Rebels version of the A-wing. I get the sense that it is a pre-war ship, and once the war starts in earnest and is going for years, A-wing Mark II's are much rougher (more cheaply and quickly made), perhaps larger, and carry better armament.

Reaction score
I bought this because I've always been a big fan of the A-Wing and the significance of this being the first all-new A-Wing toy in over 30 years is not lost on me. The Nerf feature is bothersome and an annoyance, but I knew that was going to be the case before buying it. I think what bothers me more is the fact that the canopy doesn't sit completely flush with the ship's fuselage when it is closed. Since the canopy is made from a really soft plastic, it kind of "curls" up at the ends and protrudes from the ship's body in a weird way.

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm going to get this or not. It definitely seems like a "poor man's" version of the regular A-wing.

The ROTJ A-wing is one of my all-time favorite ships. I remember the POTF2 '97 version initially being quite HTF when it originally hit retail. It was a great upgrade to the original POTF '85 version, which I never had.

Reaction score
I saw 2 of them today, along with 4 of the TFA Snowspeeders re-pack... who were sitting along 2 other TFA Snowspeeders with TFA packaging who didn't sell since last year. I couldn't tell if the price will be the same as they are currently installing the Christmas toy section in that supermarket and all the price tags were absent. What's worrying is if we have 2 A-Wings for 4 Snowspeeder in a store, what's the case assortment for these ships? If I remember correctly they come in boxes of 3, so that's only 1 new A-Wing for 2 re-packed older Snowspeeders who didn't sell last year and are already pegwarming?

Reaction score
Let's hope it this instead, or we'll have Snowspeeders pegwarming everywhere and they'll never get the newest one (on the other hand, stores here only order that kind of toys with their Christmas orders so we wouldn't have them anyway...). Though with the usual sales rate of Star Wars stuff in my area and the size of that store, I doubt they've already sold 6 of these ships in 2 days since starting installing the toys alleys :(

Reaction score
Found one at Walmart for 15.00. I don't know if it was a mistake on the pricing or what, but it was marked 15.00 and rang up 15.00. Any more than that and I think it would be an easy pass.

Reaction score
Found one at Walmart for 15.00. I don't know if it was a mistake on the pricing or what, but it was marked 15.00 and rang up 15.00. Any more than that and I think it would be an easy pass.
nice find. I was able to pick one up from Target the other day but it rang up full price still. I'm hoping to see if I can customize this one a little and attempt to remove the NERF Feature.

Reaction score
nice find. I was able to pick one up from Target the other day but it rang up full price still. I'm hoping to see if I can customize this one a little and attempt to remove the NERF Feature.
Already took off the launcher tube and dart holders, but I'm afraid the rest will need surgery, or it may be possible to use a piece of plastic card stock for where the bottom of the launcher is and use the existing screw holes to snug it down. It will still stick up, just not as much. Then there's the question of landing gear. The two holes left by the dart holders could work, although they are a bit to far forward for the rear landing gear.

Reaction score
Can you take a picture of the bottom without the Nerf launcher? Or did you just take out the tube? Either way, it'll be nice to see how it looks on the bottom without the Nerf.

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I did with mine, except I didn't take the whole ship apart to get the dart-holders off. I didn't put the launcher casing back on it - I think it looks fine that way.

Reaction score
Ugh. Even the underside of the wing guns are hollowed out. So cheap and nasty.
Would be interesting to see a comparison shot next to a 'proper' A-Wing.

Reaction score
I realize they're going for Budget. But wouldn't it have been cheaper just to reuse the old mold for this, rather than tool up a new one?
That likely will never pay for itself this late in the game...

Reaction score
I've scrolled a good way down here and can't find any relevant image, but I've found a problem with my version of this ship and am trying to re-assemble the mechanism (it broke early). Please has anyone a photo of how the guts of this ship *should* look? Thanks.

Reaction score
I've scrolled a good way down here and can't find any relevant image, but I've found a problem with my version of this ship and am trying to re-assemble the mechanism (it broke early). Please has anyone a photo of how the guts of this ship *should* look? Thanks.

Edit - worked it out now. Thanks.

Reaction score
T.K. Maxx opened their first store in the country and I was stoked when I discovered they had their own toy store section. I never saw the A-Wing at any local stores before, and there it was. And for only €20 instead of €40-something. I was so happy to find it since this has been my most anticipated vehicle purchase in a while. I even played with the NERF Launcher for a while. It's fun! Not sure now if I'm gonna leave it or add a landing gear. Great compact size, too. I know I'm in the minority, but I like these smaller ships. Maybe because I'm a fan of Micro Machines and Action Fleeet.

Reaction score
I picked this up yesterday and as fun as the nerf launcher is, I am debating removing it. I really hate this feature that Hasbro has been adding to the new vehicles.

Reaction score

Giving the the new A Wing a bit of love. Ditched the Nerf. Waiting for the modeling clay to dry. Then I'll sand it down and give it some paint.

Reaction score
just picked up a second one from TRU the other day... had about $25.00 in rewards dollars so it was a cheap pick-up for me. had this sitting on my table and couldn't believe the size ratio of this ship to the new TIE Striker from Rogue One. here's a couple of comparison pics of the them together.

Reaction score
The size comparison is interesting. With the name "Striker", you'd think it was on par with the A-Wing in it's speed and capability.etc. But it looks much bigger, more like "Bomber".
Maybe it's supposed to seat two Pilots back to back?

Maybe it's just the fact that Hera's ship is severely undersized?

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Maybe it's just the fact that Hera's ship is severely undersized?
I've actually thought that to. In the old legends canon the A-wings were retconned into droids by saying the alliance didn't think they'd take the beating against the fighters around DS1. They weren't even called A-wings as I remember they were called.. Spear-heads or something which could have been made in-galaxy smaller until the later version of the A-wing rolls out years later.

Reaction score
Rogue One info below...

Spoiler:  
Hera is pretty much in this movie. They use her name and it is displayed on a com screen