Hera Syndulla's A-Wing

GNT

Reaction score
Here's a look at Hera Syndulla's A-Wing which features a Nerf projectile:

Anyone going to pick this one up?

Reaction score
I might, depending on the the reviews, and if the price is right. Right now it's not looking too good. Hasbro has once again included their Nerf herding obsession into a vehicle. Personally, I was hoping more for a retool of the classic A-Wing mold. This one seems... small, even for an A-Wing (which is essentially just a cockpit strapped to a pair of engines). Plus, I'm not a fan of the cockpit opens. It's too CW Azure Angel.

Reaction score
Looks pretty ******. Never had one in hand but on the Falcon it looked like there were no aesthetic issues with the missiles unloaded.

Reaction score
Hmmmm....not getting too many new vehicles these days, but may consider this - due to it having the cool A-wing design.

I do remember how tough the POTF2 A-wing was to find @ retail back in the late '90's. Hopefully this won't be tough to find as well.

Reaction score
I want to like it, but if it's really that small and has a nerf launcher permanently attached to the underside, then no sell.

Reaction score
I don't like the nerf feature, but I do like the mold and the paint scheme. Eventhough these new vehicles are smaller and sometimes stubby looking, I've been impressesed with how well they fit in with the vehicles from the ealier lines. I'll probaly end up with a couple if they ever end up at Marshalls ot TJ Maxx.

Reaction score
Spoiler Alert Episode VIII!!

still with me? Interesting that the wingtip cannon design looks identical to the one seen recently during the Royal visit to the Episode VIII set. I think we maybe seeing our first release from the next movie, but obviously with an updated paint job.

Reaction score
I am a fan of a wings but it will depend on whether the nerf launcher is removeable or not. Even then will we ever see it, still waiting for princess leia and seventh sister which were shown mths ago.

Reaction score
The a wing is my favourite ship but it will depend if the nerf launcher is removeable or not. Anyway may never see it in the shops. We are still to see princess leia or the seventh sister after how many months?!

Reaction score
Sorry double post, thought it deleted the other! Love to see a regular tie fighter, a sabine artistic and a mining guild variant tie fighter (could reuse the same mould) and a b wing and quarrie.

Reaction score
I love A-wings (especially when SWG Jump to Lightspeed was still around). I will pick this up. It doesn't look to scale but I can get past that.

Reaction score
I'll admit, the paint job is cool looking! But that is where it ends for me. As small as that thing is, i'm surprised they could find enough space for the pilot to even fit. Since they added that Nerf feature.

TBH, I think this wreaks of desperation on Hasbro's part. They're desperately trying to appeal to kids with this line, by mixing two properties together. For teh BIG ships, I got it. They needed extra play value, i guess...
But for a regular ship. IMO a ship should be just a ship! Whatever happened to the "shooting missile" features for these things, that added "play value"?

I noticed that they angled the ship so that the ugly Nerf cannon is hidden, so that you can't tell hoe much it stands out...

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
I'll admit, the paint job is cool looking! But that is where it ends for me. As small as that thing is, i'm surprised they could find enough space for the pilot to even fit. Since they added that Nerf feature.

TBH, I think this wreaks of desperation on Hasbro's part. They're desperately trying to appeal to kids with this line, by mixing two properties together. For teh BIG ships, I got it. They needed extra play value, i guess...
But for a regular ship. IMO a ship should be just a ship! Whatever happened to the "shooting missile" features for these things, that added "play value"?

I noticed that they angled the ship so that the ugly Nerf cannon is hidden, so that you can't tell hoe much it stands out...
Noticed this as well...

Reaction score
IIt's as if Hasbro is saying to itself "how do we make less money???" ...this has been a disappointing last 3 years....aside from the 6 inch...:(

Reaction score
The angle gives the best look at the ship overall. If they were going to that much effort to hide the nerf feature they wouldn't have put the feature in to begin with.

Reaction score
Well, if they want to make less Money. They could just stop selling toys that people buy.

Reaction score
A Wing is my favorite starfighter but I'm not sure. Depends on price and if the nerf is hidden. I'd also like a Hera as she's my last ghost crew member I need

Reaction score
Nerf.

Nerfnerfnerf.

I would be all for a new A-wing with recessed panel lines, and we can discuss what the real size of an A-wing should be (Fantasy Flight has made theirs really big, they are on the smallish side on screen), but the Nerf cannon is a dealbreaker.
I suppose the cannon will not be retractable, since the ship is so small - the pilot would be in the way - so it's probably an outrigger. I'll wait for photos of the underside.

Reaction score
It Looks like Hera's helmet is removable. I'd bet that the nerf launcher is removable. They still want to get collectors on board for stuff like this and let's face it, this is Hasbro. In 2017 they can re-release this again without the nerf launcher, but with a new paint scheme and jack-up the price $5.

Reaction score
Don't mind the Nerf "missles" at all - fairly cool, actually - and, I think this is a good safety feature.

I do really like this ship design - the A-wing is one of my favorite vehicles, and this version has a great paint scheme; the small size is also great.

The deal-breaker for me may be the price; if it's over $15 I probably won't get this. If it's $15 (won't be less than that), I will definitely get this.

Reaction score
well it wont be under $15. just look at prices on last line of lowest class vehicle/fig set...$20. at the very least, this'll be in asst compatable to asst w/ rey speeder, but likely that of finn speeder. unless they bring back asst w/ yoda mini-mini jsf

Reaction score
well it wont be under $15. just look at prices on last line of lowest class vehicle/fig set...$20. at the very least, this'll be in asst compatable to asst w/ rey speeder, but likely that of finn speeder. unless they bring back asst w/ yoda mini-mini jsf
You're right - well, I might buy between $15 - $20; but won't pay more than $20 - it's not large enough to justify a higher price than that.

Reaction score
I guess no one took pictures of this or the other 3 3/4 figures and vehicles at the Celebration. You can see the A-wing on the next shelf down in some of the pictures of the black series 6 inch figures. What can be seen of it, looks pretty good. I want to know what the bottom and the nerf launcher looks like.

Reaction score
Saw the underside. Big canon on bottom with nerf darts on either side. What a huge bummer

GNT

Reaction score
I don't mind this item, it looks like it's out of the Droids cartoon.

Reaction score
I guess no one took pictures of this or the other 3 3/4 figures and vehicles at the Celebration. You can see the A-wing on the next shelf down in some of the pictures of the black series 6 inch figures. What can be seen of it, looks pretty good. I want to know what the bottom and the nerf launcher looks like.
There are pictures floating about. There was all the already announced figures from Rebels and TFA. Rey's speeder once more and a two pack of FO Snowtrooper and Resistance General. Lets hope there's more at the weekend.

Reaction score
Just saw the RS pictures of the hasbro booth. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. but still it's not good. It will probably be worth it just to get Hera. Although it does look like the nerf launcher is made from different plastic than the rest of the ship. It might be possible to do a little work on it and remove it then, hopefully. I'm divided, I kinda of want to get it now to modify it. But then I don't want to buy it and give Hasbro support to make more vehicles like this.