Help me design my Prop room? Updated 7/31 w pic

Reaction score
Help me design my Prop room? Samm update 1-16

Well today our offer was accepted on the new house we're buying. We sold ours yesterday. I'm going from 936 square feet to 3,898 square feet. The basement is huge and totally unfinished so I'll get to design it from the ground up. We're going to do another walkthrough sometime this week, so I'll have pics. Start getting those ideas ready.

John

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: So are you guys gonna help me design my Prop room?

Congrats on the new house John and the new Man Cave. Look forward to seeing the pics, for this job we may need catch

Reaction score

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing those photos. The good thing is, you'll now have to get a lot of new props and collectibles to fill that basement.

Reaction score

Well I did order the McQuarrie Vader yesterday.
There are some really nice displays here. I've been keeping notes for years as to what I like about each one so when the day came I'd be ready. Of course gotta get the Mrs some new furniture first. Probably a year or two down the road on the basement.

Reaction score
Re: So are you guys gonna help me design my Prop r

Now that you have all this space, is there anything that you particularly want? What are your collecting Grails?

Reaction score

Good question. Here in another month or so I'll have the last MR piece I need. I'm caught up with all the eFx stuff so I'm not too sure.

I'd like to have a lifesize Fett to go with my Vader so maybe I'll start there. I'm also going to focus a bit on artwork for the walls.

I'm also in the process of collecting a complete set of vintage figures along with one of every carded example of vintage Obi-Wan. I have a few of those already.

Of course kids will be coming around this time next year so who knows what my budget will be.

Reaction score

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We're trying not to get too excited as closing is still a month a way and a lot can go wrong. But everything should be set. *knocks on wood*

Reaction score

My fingers are crossed for you both

Reaction score

Bit of a setback today. Now they don't want to close until school is out in June. Which means we'd have to move twice in two months. We told them either take our offer to close in March or knock 7k off the price. We'll see what happens.

Reaction score

GO GET EM John....7k will get walls up in the basement and maybe even some lights in the ceiling and possibly some carpet/flooring....if you find the right guy he do all of it including painting and trim work for that...

good luck...I say go classy. look for the perfect display stuff as in shelves, cabinets....

OR....7k will get you a few DT obi's

Reaction score

Thanks Brad. That made me chuckle. Of course right after we got this call the garage called and said my wife's car needs an engine rebuild on top of the new clutch they just put in so thats 4K right there. Not really feeling the Force today.

Reaction score

That's pretty cool you're getting a SW man cave. If you haven't seen bobodohn's awesome SW basement, have a gander here.

Reaction score

btoTHeg said:
Congrats on the new house John and the new Man Cave. Look forward to seeing the pics, for this job we may need catch
Thanks,ok at first i need a ticket to Maryland,and i take the job !!!

Reaction score

No school in a week because of the snow with another foot predicted my morning. At this rate I won't get into the house until July. Plus we're waiting for the inspector to look at ours for our buyer. Of course he can't inspect the outside when there's almost 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Reaction score

Well the deal fell through at zero hour. They tried to sneak a bunch of contract changes in after we had a "deal". They didn't even tell their own realtor they did it. So now it's back to square one. Looks like we're gonna be homeless by the end of March. Oh well such is life.

Reaction score

That really sucks! I hope you find something soon.

Reaction score

All may not be lost. After we told them to take a hike yesterday they called this morning and changed their tune. We told them they had until 5:00 Monday evening to sign the papers.

Reaction score

Got my fingers crossed for you John, hope they do the right thing.

Reaction score

Me too. I was really looking forward to seeing your progress.

Reaction score

It amazes me how some people behave. We told them we'd still buy it but we weren't going to close until June. They couldn't do that because they can't afford the payments. They basically wanted us to let them live in their house for three months for free. If you can't afford your payments then it's time to move. (Especially if your house has been on the market for months will no offers.)They couldn't even afford the 7 percent to pay the realtors. We told them to cram it. It will be interesting to see if they call us back after sweating it out for a few days. The good news is we have palce to stay since we have to be out of ours at the end of March. If their house is still on the markey come late April early May then we'll go back (with a much reduced offer) and see what happens.

Reaction score

I hope everything works out JC

Reaction score

Well we FINALLY got the real story. The couple is spliting up and they want to settle this as quickly as possible so they can go their serperate ways. We finally got everything worked out and then what happens??? Our buyer backs out. We live in the area of Maryland that has had 22 feet of snow this year. We, along with just about everybody else, lost a couple of our rain gutters due to ice. Apparently that was enough to give her a "bad feeling" about the house. I'll never do this again...

Reaction score

So does this mean you've got both the house you wanted and the house you were selling?

Reaction score

Okay after months of seemingly no activity, We got two offers within 5 minutes yesterday to buy our house. I guess that tax credit running it out next week is causing some panic. Anywhoo, we had a nice little bidding war and got our asking price. The lady has already been prequalified for the amount so barring any major disasters it looks like we'll be moving into the new place in June.

The really good news is that we'll have a consdierable amount of cash left over to start finishing the basement.
We sign the papers tonight so hopefully the ball will start rolling quickly.

John

Reaction score

Congrats! Can't wait to see this all fleshed out!

Reaction score

Finally some great news John, I know it's going to be a while but looking forward to seeing the photos of the future Man Cave

Reaction score

Packed up all my props today and moved them to the in-laws. We're staying there for two weeks until we can get into the new place. Did the title work for our place today. I'm starting to feel like this might actually happen.

Reaction score

Thats awesome man!

Reaction score

The apprasier is coming today to tell us if our house is worth what we sold it for. This is the last hurdle. Cross your fingers.

Reaction score

Fingers crossed

Reaction score

It's finally time to start making progress on this bad boy. It's going to house my MR/eFx collection as well as serve as my movie viewing area. Below is a pic of the floorplan. Any suggestions? I would also like to add a bar and bathroom. Each square equals one foot. So let's hear your ideas.

John