Help.. Maybe Identifying screen used props or Made for starwars movies..

Reaction score
Hello friends,

So i need some of the best Movie prop experts to help me out here. I was recently trying to sell a 3 foot tall Mike trout Bobble Head (1 of 50) and someone offered to sell me some two "screen/movie used" Lightsaber hilts.. One is a Luke roti and another is a obi wan TPM/Aotc style hilt. I only have one picture to go off of because he is being very secretive about it saying that his friend Wesley Seeds (the guy who designed the lightsabers) gave them to him and that he cant share about it until we meet in person. It doesn't have any authentication but he offered to try to set up a meeting with wesley. Im tempted just to contact Industrial Light and Magic.. Experts on this topic only. Help me out. I will send the pic to you via text if you pm me.

He also has an original 1934 german Mauser han solo blaster.. he said he would trade for the bobble head. This actually looks legit unlike the sabers to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, without any official papers and documents proving without any doubt what the seller is saying about the "screen used" props I would pass. A picture or meeting with a supposedly maker of the props would do nothing to make me be interested in it. Plus ILM experts were proved wrong on a few occasions regarding displayed props and suits.
Do you watch Pawn Stars? Learn from them the way you should buy an expensive item with authentication documents.

Reaction score
Personally, without any official papers and documents proving without any doubt what the seller is saying about the "screen used" props I would pass. A picture or meeting with a supposedly maker of the props would do nothing to make me be interested in it. Plus ILM experts were proved wrong on a few occasions regarding displayed props and suits.
Do you watch Pawn Stars? Learn from them the way you should buy an expensive item with authentication documents.
Thanks for the reply, yes, i do watch pawn stars. Which particular starwars item were you talking about from the show?

GNT

Reaction score
Hello friends,

So i need some of the best Movie prop experts to help me out here. I was recently trying to sell a 3 foot tall Mike trout Bobble Head (1 of 50) and someone offered to sell me some two "screen/movie used" Lightsaber hilts.. One is a Luke roti and another is a obi wan TPM/Aotc style hilt. I only have one picture to go off of because he is being very secretive about it saying that his friend Wesley Seeds (the guy who designed the lightsabers) gave them to him and that he cant share about it until we meet in person. It doesn't have any authentication but he offered to try to set up a meeting with wesley. Im tempted just to contact Industrial Light and Magic.. Experts on this topic only. Help me out. I will send the pic to you via text if you pm me.
I remember somewhere where there were people commenting on a similar item, might be on here or the RPF. Best to stay clear.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes, i do watch pawn stars. Which particular starwars item were you talking about from the show?
I was talking about Pawn Stars policy not to buy items without serious provenance documents. Do the same and you might save yourself from a lot of trouble

Reaction score
I have owned a number of screen used prequel sabers over the years and may be able to help if you can send images. Feel free to email me direct at troika@me.com. Regards - Troika

Reaction score
How much is the bobble head worth? IE if it'sonly worth $800, I would be skeptical that someone would want to trade a real screen used prop for so little. If it sounds to good to be true...