Hello! and a question about Stock Days

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! First I just wanted to say Hello!! I moved to downtown Austin a few months ago from up north (way better dwon here let me tell you! haha) and i am a 3 3/4 figure collector. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and it's great to see that there is a collecting interest here in Austin! I'm not a completist, and only get 1 of the figs I like. While I am a rebelscum fan from a long time back, I am also new to the forums. Which leads me to my question: Now, I know there are a ton of Targets, Walmarts, and Toys R Us' around here, but I must be missing whenever they are stocking because I haven't found very much of anything since I've gotten here. I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me out and direct me when to go looking

You guys seem so helpful to each other, I figured I could give it a shot. Thanks in advance! Talk to you all soon!!

Reaction score
This is kind of a slow period in Austin for Star Wars collectors. We've got a lull between the Saga waves, and still haven't gotten the current Tattooine wave in most stores yet, and most stores will not order significant numbers of new products while so many Vaders and Bib Fortunas are clogging the pegs. From my experience, the TRU's (atleast down south) restock empty pegs in the mornings, and the Wal-Marts seem to restock at around noon during business days. I haven't figured out the pattern behind Target restocks, and am convinced they are not on any particular schedule.

Anyway, welcome to Austin.

Reaction score
Welcome to Austin and the 'scum forums!

To me, it seems like Target restocks either in the morning before they open, or during the morning hours....but I've found new waves at weird hours there, so who knows.

I know that most of the Walmarts (at least in the north Austin area) stock their shelves at night. I've seen pallets with unopened cases anywhere from 10pm-1am there (and some probably stock later overnight).

Good luck...I'm sure the Tatooine wave will start to show up more prominently here pretty soon.

Reaction score
Yeah, the 'Marts that I've seen do the majority of stocking overnight. They do their routine of bringing out new pallets all over the store starting at about 9, with the actual stocking going on all night. So you can see what's on the pallet if you go at around 11 or 12, and it'll be on the shelf that morning. I have seen some stocking in the afternoon, but it's usually overnight.

Target will restock overnight, but if they have something in the back, they'll get it out for you.

TRU has been pretty much useless lately. I haven't gotten anything from them in ages. Only reason I've stopped by lately is to try to find Hunt for Grevious.

Reaction score
The stocking schedules are pretty hard to tell here in A-town. I don't know what days of the week (depending on volume) that stores replenish inventory. I know the old TRU at Capital Plaza stocked on Tuesday nights and Fridays if another truck came in. Since that store closed I've never got involved in trying to figure out re-stocking schedules from other stores.
The best strategy is to figure what group of stores in what part of Austin you want to check out (like South, North, or far West) and make a sweep of all those areas at 9ish in the morning (if you can). If I do the south Austin toy run for example, I hit 3 Walmarts, 3 Targets, and 1 TRU. Remember that TRU's open at 10 so schedule that store last on your search. When I worked at Target many years ago, we only stocked late at night and had to have the aisles cleared by opening time the next morning. Walmart doesn't seem to care about that, they stock pretty much any time, though the late night (9 PM to 6 AM) time frame is when the hired stockers are scheduled to work.
Hope this helps.