Helder Spinoza (Bespin Security Guard) - VC***

Reaction score
Yeah, or the battlepack route I've mentioned numerous times - just packed inside the white army builder boxes. They could do two Bespin guards, Sheckil and a Stormtrooper - that would be a nice balance.
Problem is I don't need/want anymore Stormtroopers and you can get them just about anywhere at this point so it's not like there's a shortage.
Plus these sets aren't "Battle Packs" so there's no need to be that diverse, and would only drive up costs logistically.

Reaction score
I just hope the army builder sets have some variety going forward, because 4 head-swap Bespin guards would be boring to be honest. I like the two coming up, but do I need 6 of them? Seems like overkill. Maybe a couple retooled Ugnaughts would add variety, but I suspect an updated one will be coming to the basic assortment for the Kenner 96.

Reaction score
I don't know if you personally need six or not, scene wise it will be incomplete without them. Technically I'm set as I put a Finn head on one TLC figure for Edian and SGT. Mutt for the mustache guy, as well the older POTJ head to cover the Asian guy. So I really only need Merril and the bearded guy next for accuracy while Utris takes up backgrounder/scene filler territory. Of course that would have been the case if they were still using the Legacy sculpt, now that it's this new one all of them essentially need replaced to match uniforms.

I've already got the Ugnaughts so I wouldn't need anymore of those truthfully, so IDK what's best for all, I would buy the set as long as it had Sheckil and the bearded BSG though as I would just sell the other figures same as I did for Rebel Trooper set. We'll just have to see what route Hasbro takes or if they even do one Bespin themed. After all there are a lot more candidates that are true troop builders without getting caught up in logistic heavy production of having three different molds to use versus one repainted four times.

Reaction score
What about a troop builder pack with 2 guards, 2 Ugnaughts, and the computer for the freeze chamber. Maybe even toss in a clear stand for the Carbonite block.
The point of troop builder sets is they don't cost much for hasbro. Doing two different kinds of figures, particular if one was a new/unique Ughnaught, wouldn't fit that model and therefore won't happen.

Reaction score
There are three ugnaughts that essentially use the same apron/uniform. Even though the heights vary slightly they could still use the same body for three, maybe even the fourth and just paint it differently.

Reaction score
but before we get an ugnaught 4 pk, we should get a carded tvc reissue first. As far a 4pks go, this year before end of the year we ought to be offered an AOTC officer 4pk that way we'd finally get the MIA red and yellow variants of the current mold....which we were promised to get years ago but"the factory screwed up and used the old 2005 mold " for the 2013 geonosis battle packs

Reaction score
There are three ugnaughts that essentially use the same apron/uniform. Even though the heights vary slightly they could still use the same body for three, maybe even the fourth and just paint it differently.
Or just give one a slight retool with new longer or shorter legs, it's the least they can do since they're charging $15 for these figures now. Because it originally cost $8 in 09 and costs haven't risen that much in that short of span for something not requiring all new molds and still utilizing old articulation. I guess I'm the only one who sees this as an issue to be paying the same price for a 12 year old repack as we do for all new figures, not to mention when they're the shorter figures like Yoda, R2?Astro Droids, Jawas, Ugnaughts etc.

Reaction score
Agreed. For TVC we should get an ESB carded "Ugnaught (Yoxgit)" with the pig nose, tusks, and blue apron. Then I'd like to see them release the gray and blue suit molds with different heads. There are at least six different Ugnaughts that I recall in ESB.
  • Grugnak [hairy jowls, blue apron, male]
  • Hapnix [orange whiskers, gray suit, beltless, male]
  • Ugloste [droopy jowls, blue apron, male]
  • Yoxgit – Male Ugnaught [pig nose, tusks, blue apron]
  • Unidentified [long white whiskers, blue apron]
  • Unidentified [pig nose, tusks, gray suit, belt]
1647798527967.png1647798537612.png1647798544374.png1647798552564.png1647798562274.png1647798571369.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who sees this as an issue to be paying the same price for a 12 year old repack as we do for all new figures, not to mention when they're the shorter figures like Yoda, R2?Astro Droids, Jawas, Ugnaughts etc.
You're not the only but what are we to do. I feel that this may be the last hurrah for OT characters in TVC. I suspect we are nearing the end of the 3.75-scale evolution. And of course they're trying to get every dime they can. It's the same with Black Series. The whole deluxe thing is BS. What about all the plastic they save on R2, R4, Yoda, Jawa, and Ewoks? The smaller figures should more than balance out the larger ones like Gam Guard, etc.

Reaction score
Thats a good point, the small figures were there to balance the larger ones, or those with extra accessories (when it came to production costs) - now if you want extras, it'll cost you $26.49 for a Boba Fett figure?! I also feel $15 is too much for a 12-year-old droid that once cost $8 - Hasbro made their investment back on all these old sculpts, so they're just leeching off collectors that want the 96 on Kenner cards, or in some cases the new collectors that are out there. As for the Bespin guards, I think they did enough kitbashing and retooling to warrant the pricepoint for a new figure, though I feel $15 is still overpriced for the majority of what they've been releasing.

Reaction score
Exactly, which is why we often saw figures like Ephant Mon, Hermi Odle, Gammy Guard, and Umpass-Stay w/Drum or Yoda w/Kybuck for the same prices and why I was okay with it back then. Though it did bother me from time to time if I didn't buy a particular lager figure but at $6-8 it wasn't that big of issue. $15 a different story.

Reaction score
Several points re: the BSG in ESB & the previous figure(s), etc.

1) I believe that this BSG with the mustache (Helder Spinoza) was seen in the film in the background behind Lando, when he meets Han & co. at the docking bay. This is immediately after the Falcon first lands on CC.
2)The original Vintage Kenner card showing the Spinoza character with a beard & mustache what the character looks like - since he actually just has the mustache. However, whether the beard in the pic. is real or not, the BSG in that pic. is obviously the same actor who played the character standing behind Lando in the above scene.

3) Other scenes where the BSG are focused on are: A far shot when 2 of them were walking through CC & helping Boba Fett move the Han in Carbonite (floating). At least one of them is the grey-haired guard. He's seen more clearly when he's actually going onto the Slave I with Han:

He and his figure companion were best seen in this shot...
69sbcy.gif

I have to say despite their wonky style and slight scale difference , these two had some great adventures after the evacuation of Bespin, in my toy fiction adventures they became essentially the Bo and Luke of Clowd City running from the law. Although I always wished I had an orange cloud car to help their escape. ;)
69sdhy.gif

It'll be nice to have them reunited in the modern vintage line
69se1u.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like these all went live for a brief time then were taken down.

EDIT: It appears, from comments I've seen, that using the Walmart mobile app takes you right to the product page and allows you to successfully place an order for all of these except the Stormtrooper for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tried numerous ways and still cannot order these. Says due to demand we are unable to add to your cart. Everyone getting this or am I just the lucky one again with Walmart. I can't believe in this day and age preordering is still so problematic. Although everything at Walmart is problematic.

Reaction score
This is the only one I haven't been able to load his page on my computer so far.

Reaction score
So Walmart must be getting these in full cases of each figure then for them not to arrive all at once? That is the only logical explanation as to why a wave mate arrives later than the other.

Reaction score
So Walmart must be getting these in full cases of each figure then for them not to arrive all at once? That is the only logical explanation as to why a wave mate arrives later than the other.
excls ALWAYS come single packed.... the only exceptions i recall were the tru eu tlc wave, online fial tvc1.0 wave and the final tsc wave that went to wm. thats why target got 3po 6 months ago and fett/r2 just now arriving and most got fett b4 r2.

Reaction score
okay but that doesn't explain why we got Ahsoka and the Mando but had to wait a week or two for Fennec. lol

Reaction score
okay but that doesn't explain why we got Ahsoka and the Mando but had to wait a week or two for Fennec. lol
the "mixed" cases are mainly for physical retail like wm, target etc. EE and dorkside will offer the mixed cases as well but most online sites, Amazon, GS, pulse etc, generally deal w/ solid cases, hence the staggard releases of wave mates via amazon and pulse. Also gives some explanation for wave mates when revealed, having different ETAs. Ahsoka and DWM had initial june ETA while Fennec had Oct and Yoda/501st was between nov and jan. BUT as we know, we didnt have to wait as long for the last 3 via pulse/amazon but still all 5 were not available at the same time thru amazon or pulse.
Orders thru dorkside and EE for single figs, tend to be from the solid cases they get unless for some reason, which is rarely done, they open up mx cases and sell them as singles. My guess BBTS aslo deals w/ solids as i hve not get read or seen reports of the fennec wave shipping from them yet