Heavy Battle Droid - Battlefront 2 (Gaming Greats)

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION GAMING GREATS 3.75-INCH HEAVY BATTLE DROID Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Summer 2021)
Recall intense moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION GAMING GREATS 3.75-INCH HEAVY BATTLE DROID Figure, featuring original Kenner branding and inspired by the character in the STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II video game. Fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs, this 3.75-inch-scale figure featuring premium detail can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 4 accessories. Available for pre-order at Hasbro Pulse, GameStop, Big Bad Toy Store, and Entertainment Earth.

Who’s purchasing this one?

Attachments

Reaction score
I love the Battle Droids, and am happy to have a new variant to add to the shelf! The paint on this looks pretty nice.

Reaction score
Including a DLT-19 with a battle droid seems weird, but I know Battlefront does cross-era weapons. Can the figure even hold it?

The rocket battle droids these ones stole the paint scheme of would have been more interesting, but that would have required new tooling.

Reaction score
Purchased a few of these, but not as many as the others from this wave.

Reaction score
This is the one my 6 year is most excited for. He gets a real kick out of the Battle Droids from Clone Wars and especially when he watches me play Battlefront II.

bac

Reaction score
So we got the TPM Battle Droid reissue and now this repaint, so a third release overall.

And yet the animated Clone Wars version from a decade ago is still superior with the ball joint shoulder that lets you hold the rifle with two hands.

This is an instance where a re-sculpt would have been great, and I would have bought a bunch if they did.

Reaction score
So this is my first time EVER owning and buying a battle droid. All the others I have seen I personally think are silly and hideous. When I saw this one, I thought the figure and card back are very catchy and cool looking so I changed my mind and bought it.

bac

Reaction score
^ the card art is definitely cool. And the figure looks good.

But like the Stormtrooper this is an entire trilogy's main army builder. I feel like it needs pimped out on articulation. Right now he can't even strike his signature movie pose.

Reaction score
God, look at the foot of the droid, if they already come like that in the blister, they will never stand up.

Reaction score
So after lining these up, out of all the gaming greats in TVC, this is my least favorite. The card back is BEAUTIFUL. However, I cannot get behind this figure, I just cant connect with it.

Reaction score
As someone said earlier this sculpt needs more articulation since its the main army builder of the PT, what got me is the plastic. I had forgotten how flimsy the plastic was for the B1's. a sturdier plastic could really help this figure out.

Reaction score
^Same here, evey fig on that order pushed to Nov or Dec. That's y I canceled and stayed w/ Amazon and target for a mainline figs, GS for the g.g trio, and I may go elsewhere for purge troop. Total bs that ebay sellers in USA have purge troop and EE doesn't and it's their own excl. I have a bad feeling they catered early stock to reseller clients and just pissed on reg customers that ordered at initial launch time/day, I could be wrong but I also could be right.

Reaction score
^Same here, evey fig on that order pushed to Nov or Dec. That's y I canceled and stayed w/ Amazon and target for a mainline figs, GS for the g.g trio, and I may go elsewhere for purge troop. Total bs that ebay sellers in USA have purge troop and EE doesn't and it's their own excl. I have a bad feeling they catered early stock to reseller clients and just pissed on reg customers that ordered at initial launch time/day, I could be wrong but I also could be right.
yea, I am ready to add these left over gaming greats that I need to my Robot Kingdom order, who cares if the shipping costs more. I only got the other two Gaming Greats faster because Gamestop had them in stock and I canceled EE. Dont know what the deal is. Just like I am waiting for a Luke Stormie and Rogue One stormie from EE from last year I think? I am going to ebay and buy them, I Am tired of waiting on EE.

I want to support the smaller outfits, the fan channels but it doesnt work out that way