Heavy Assault Super Battle Droid - CW11

Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
703
Reaction score
0
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe it'll be SA this time!
Oh Brother... It's just going to be the same Super Battle Droid with a Cannon Arm in place of his right arm... If we get any ball joints in the Super Battle Droid's legs, I'm going to be :O! Look at the size of his legs!
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
0
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Well, considering that the last part of this thread isn't even a real word, we really don't have much to go on....


I'll probably buy whatever this is.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

kidrebel1138 said:
Well, considering that the last part of this thread isn't even a real word, we really don't have much to go on....
It's was posted in the list so I guess it'll stick till we get a proper name (it was probably cut off when Curto recieved the news))
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
5,139
Reaction score
0
Location
Eau Claire, WI
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Ashoka said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe it'll be SA this time!
Oh Brother... It's just going to be the same Super Battle Droid with a Cannon Arm in place of his right arm... If we get any ball joints in the Super Battle Droid's legs, I'm going to be :O! Look at the size of his legs!
I refer you to the TAC super battle droid for how to articulate knees on them without goofy looking joints.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
18,083
Reaction score
0
Location
Gotham City
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Yeah not sure what this means but they should just reuse the same sculpt they have for a couple years now. It is by all accounts as close to perfect as they're going to get.
 
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
703
Reaction score
0
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Lord_Atmo said:
Ashoka said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe it'll be SA this time!
Oh Brother... It's just going to be the same Super Battle Droid with a Cannon Arm in place of his right arm... If we get any ball joints in the Super Battle Droid's legs, I'm going to be :O! Look at the size of his legs!
I refer you to the TAC super battle droid for how to articulate knees on them without goofy looking joints.
Yeah, but look at the ones on the TCW Line SBD. I'm talking extremely small, not knowing how it can stand.

The knee's diameter of the knee joint area isn't even 5mm. It's wayy too small. You think I haven't looked at the TAC one?

Even if an articulation (Most likely swivel) could be included, it would damage the standing up capabilities due to weight... He would collapse.

Oh, and Happy Birthday
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
5,139
Reaction score
0
Location
Eau Claire, WI
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Ashoka said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Ashoka said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe it'll be SA this time!
Oh Brother... It's just going to be the same Super Battle Droid with a Cannon Arm in place of his right arm... If we get any ball joints in the Super Battle Droid's legs, I'm going to be :O! Look at the size of his legs!
I refer you to the TAC super battle droid for how to articulate knees on them without goofy looking joints.
Yeah, but look at the ones on the TCW Line SBD. I'm talking extremely small, not knowing how it can stand.

The knee's diameter of the knee joint area isn't even 5mm. It's wayy too small. You think I haven't looked at the TAC one?

Even if an articulation (Most likely swivel) could be included, it would damage the standing up capabilities due to weight... He would collapse.

Oh, and Happy Birthday
hah thanks! Yeah this figure isn't my main concern as to what should be SA in this line. Though i wish his legs werent straight. you could pose him running, marching, or crouched ready to attack with permanently bent knees at least. While keeping the stability intact.
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
9,162
Reaction score
0
Location
Pineville WV
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Arctrooper4043 said:
Didn't the SBD in "Cloak of Darkness" also have a goldish emblem on his left/cannon arm?
Yep, I didn't notice that the first time I saw the episode.

 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

What's the emblem of? I never noticed it before. I'm thinking we might get the Super Battle Droid with the actual canon arm since Hasbro would only need to make a new mould for the arm... easy to do provided Hasbro doesn't screw it up. That's if they had that idea in mind.
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
0
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Arctrooper4043 said:
Didn't the SBD in "Cloak of Darkness" also have a goldish emblem on his left/cannon arm?
Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the pic, Rune.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
2,703
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

The Battle Droids in "Bombad Jedi" called the Super Battle Droid with the cannon arm Sir. I noticed that on last night's Cartoon Network re-air.
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
9,162
Reaction score
0
Location
Pineville WV
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The Battle Droids in "Bombad Jedi" called the Super Battle Droid with the cannon arm Sir.

[/QUOTE]

They also called it Boss.


"You got him Boss, to bad you can't take out that slug monster."
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
9,162
Reaction score
0
Location
Pineville WV
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

I hope so, I want it more than the Commander with cannon arm.

Time to update my wishlist.
 
Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
9,162
Reaction score
0
Location
Pineville WV
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

Hasbro's confirmed that we're getting the SBD with the cannon arm, so I guess this is it.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

It'll probably be an easy retool with a new arm. I wouldn't expect to much from it but new legs would be nice if they did want to add them.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

yet another separatist to add to my small forces. Hopefully, because there is currently a 'BOGOF' sale going at at 2 major supermarkets in the UK, I will be able to pick up a few more SBDs and this guy can command them 'to victory'.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
3,687
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

I might purchase this one. I am glad they added the emblem to it.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,068
Reaction score
79
Re: Super Battle Droid Ser

I think its a cool design, but it seems more like BP fodder than a basic figure...
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,335
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Super Battle Droid Sergeant - No.##

Looks good but I think I'll stick to one.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,919
Reaction score
1
Re: Super Battle Droid Sergeant - No.##

Looks nice, but I think I'll pass.
 
Top