HEADS UP! Scheduling starts next week.

Reaction score
I looked back at C3 and they really didn't have a schedule published until like 2 weeks before the con. Well, I can't wait that long. Next week I'll be send the email to everyone requesting your preferences. Check the FAQ thread for updated shift times if you want to start thinking ahead of time. Please don't send me anything now, wait until you get the email from me next week.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking for the email. It's too bad that gencon can't have their schedules up earlier so we could schedule around it. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Is there anything that you can tell us that has been scheduled? Like if Ray Park is going to do his ninja moves on a certain day & time ..like at C3? I'd hate to miss that
. But i understand if it's a secret.. we don't want you to get in trouble or anything. Grrr..slow GenCon scheduling..

Reaction score
I'm not privy to anything to do with the rest of the convention scheduling, sorry! Autograph hall is my queendom. :)

Reaction score
Anne, it it ok to sign up for 2 consecutive shifts, due to the 1 hour overlap?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer.

Reaction score
Anne, what happens once we find out what the schedule is and there's a shift that clashes with a "must see" panel for us?

For myself, there's only 2, possibly 3 (going from news and previous Celebrations) panels that I actually *want* to see and not miss. Obviously if there's no work-around we have to live with that.

Reaction score
Anne
Will you be letting us know on what day and around what time. So that I check my email @ WORK?

Reaction score
Dingo said:
Anne, what happens once we find out what the schedule is and there's a shift that clashes with a "must see" panel for us?
Instead of 'dumping' it on Anne - I have a suggestion -

How about after we get our schedules, WE get a 'Swap shop' thread going. People post the shift they need to swap and people reply. Once a swap is settled, the parties e-mail Anne with the swap with the understanding that it's just as much a commitment as your original schedule.

Reaction score
Breezy, I do thnk that that kind of system will probably work best, but I don't know if that is something that would be workable for Anne, or if it all has to go through her as she has specifics in mind with the scheduling.

Reaction score
No, I think everyone needs to work through Annes schedule and not be switching and expecting others to fill in for you. There is no way Anne will be able to keep straight who is compensated for what shifts.
Just work things out with Anne and dont be trading shifts amongst each other.

Reaction score
Yeah what happens if you switch with someone who's doing a different job than you are and we end up short staffed in some area. Anne will let us know what to do if there are scheduling conflicts.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's gonna be enough work for her just trying to make up the initial schedule. I know there is a show that I really, really want to see at C4 but I'm just gonna request the days I volunteer to be on a day or time when I hope that that panel is NOT going to be. It'll be a pain to try to switch things all over the place once gencon comes out with their schedule, I'm sure.

Reaction score
Yes, thank you all, scheduling must go through me. I need to know were you all are and what you're doing. I am a flexible person and can attempt rescheduling when in need. But if it gets real busy or too close to the event please don't expect much in the way of changes. At some point all changes must cease and we all need to be committed.

Reaction score
I would like to volunteer for a total of probably 4 shifts on Saturday and Sunday. My only concern is when the last 3 special autograph guests are announced, will they only be there on Saturday and Sunday and, if so, if I'm shooting myself in the foot by volunteering so many hours. If there were a way to jump into line for 2 minutes at some point during the day, even during non-shift hours, and get the autographs I'd be more than happy to volunteer for the 4 shifts.

I think I have some clue as to who those 3 guests are, and if I'm right, I want those autographs!

Reaction score
It's so hard to try to plan anything when GenCon hasn't posted the schedule yet. I'm just going to work my shifts and hope something awesome doesn't come up. That's why I'm trying to schedule on days that I don't think anything super exciting is gonna happen...like the first and last days. Plus, to get in line for the autographs for the GOHs, you'll probably be in line for hours! So it's tough to say anything until the schedule comes out. I hope you don't miss anything you really want to see but we volunteered to help out OPX and so that is what I'm gonna focus on for now.

Reaction score
JediFrances said:
...but we volunteered to help out OPX and so that is what I'm gonna focus on for now.
I am going in with the same attitude. I just feel privileged to be asked to help.

Reaction score
Right. They should at least post a partial list of the stuff they know for sure and none of that lame
"check the onsite schedule or program guide"
OH well.. it's going to be the Best in the Autograph Hall anyway!

Reaction score
any ideas on when they will announce what times you are assigned to if you have a ticket for any of the Guests of Honor. I have a Carrie Fisher ticket and would hate to have that time fall when I am working, or if thats the case am I permitted to enter that line after the assigned time and after my shift is over?

Reaction score
JediFrances said:
It's so hard to try to plan anything when GenCon hasn't posted the schedule yet. Plus, to get in line for the autographs for the GOHs, you'll probably be in line for hours!
Except for the fact that the GOH are OfficialPix's responsibility, not GenCon. Anthony Daniels is there all week, so I can volunteer 16 hours on Sat/Sun and get his autograph another day. As long as the remaining 3 are there all week, I'm fine. I just don't want to miss a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet one of my favorite actors (1 of which I expect is in the final 3) because I was working that day.

I would hope that Official Pix would have some way of solving this one since they're in charge of the autographs.

Reaction score
JediFrances said:
It's so hard to try to plan anything when GenCon hasn't posted the schedule yet. I'm just going to work my shifts and hope something awesome doesn't come up. That's why I'm trying to schedule on days that I don't think anything super exciting is gonna happen...like the first and last days. Plus, to get in line for the autographs for the GOHs, you'll probably be in line for hours! So it's tough to say anything until the schedule comes out. I hope you don't miss anything you really want to see but we volunteered to help out OPX and so that is what I'm gonna focus on for now.
Same here I am just going to hope for the best and work what ever i volunteer for, will not deviate from what i commit to.

Reaction score
On a related note, not too sure about how the coupons work. I've purchased an advance ticket to get Anothony Daniels and Carrie Fisher's autograph. Will we need to still go to the ticket booth to get a bracelet? My understanding is that the sooner you get your bracelet -- the higher priority you are when getting in line.

Reaction score
On a related note, not too sure about how the coupons work. I've purchased an advance ticket to get Anothony Daniels and Carrie Fisher's autograph. Will we need to still go to the ticket booth to get a bracelet? My understanding is that the sooner you get your bracelet -- the higher priority you are when getting in line.

Reaction score
My husband and I want to help out as much as is possible.
But we also wanted to voice our concern over getting the autographs for the Bigger Celebs. Especially since we won't know IF Mark Hamill is coming yet and since we won't know our time to get Carrie Fisher's autograph until we get there.
Since OPX is doing the signing, we are hoping that special concessions will be made to OPX volunteers if their work times happen to fall when our "line time" is assigned.
Perhaps like someone above mentioned being allowed to get in a special volunteer line or sometime for a couple of moments to get the sig and then back to our duties.
If the time falls in our off time we would, of course, follow the same rules as everyone else.

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I just wanted you to know that I got this official quote from Gen Con today regarding our 4-day badges..."Dana your badge(s) and any applicable will be shipped to the address indicated. Unfortunately we had a delay in receiving some of our materials and badges are expected to go out throughout the end of this week and the beginning of next week. I would expect to receive your badge no later than the end of the second week in May." WOW! That's cutting it close!!!!

Reaction score
Wow that is unbelievable. I sure hope we do get them in time. I am leaving early to head out to Cal so I hope I get it in time.

Reaction score
What!??! That's insane! Last time mine didn't come with all the stuff and i had to email them and wait even longer
i was sad because both my sisters had their stuff and i opened mine and...
...it was horrible. I hope they get the lead out and they all better be packaged with EVERYTHING..

Reaction score
DarthDaner said:
Howdy everyone. I just wanted you to know that I got this official quote from Gen Con today regarding our 4-day badges..."Dana your badge(s) and any applicable will be shipped to the address indicated. Unfortunately we had a delay in receiving some of our materials and badges are expected to go out throughout the end of this week and the beginning of next week. I would expect to receive your badge no later than the end of the second week in May." WOW! That's cutting it close!!!!
Holy smokes. That really stinks. What if someone were to leave for vacation early and their badges hadn't come yet?! I thought they said "Mid April" and now they are saying " 2nd wk of May"? That's insane. It's crazy how we pay all of this money and then they don't get our badges to us when they said they would.
It is
frustrating.

Reaction score
I just talked to a rep at Gen Con and she did say that if you registered before April 30th, everything will come together (registration packet, badge, admission to the movie marathon, etc). Those who registered for things after April 30th could potentially have things coming in separately. I would suggest that if you have to leave for LA and you badge hasn't arrived, that you get a really nice family member or friend to check your mail! Let's keep in touch...first one to get their badge notifies the rest of us. Maybe we'll luck out and get them earlier (the initial receive date was 5/4).

Reaction score
Anne,
Should we still plan on receiving the "scheduling for shifts" email this week? I know it's only Wednesday but I am anxious! Or has it been pushed back?
Thank you!

Reaction score
<font color="purple">It said this:

Badge Registration: October 30th, 2006 (Noon PST) - April 30th, 2007 (11:59 PM PST)*

*March 30 (Noon PST) - April 30 (11:59 PM PST) is Will Call Pick-up Only

</font>

Reaction score
DarthDaner said:
Yes, March 30th. I always get Labor Day and Memorial Day mixed up, too. DORK!
<font color="purple"> So do I!
Sometimes i can't remember if July is month # 6 or 7

How many of you guys are sitting by the computer eagerly awaiting this email?
It's like waiting for a baby!
Only no diapers.. </font>

Reaction score
OFFICIAL WORD ON THE BADGES: Talked to Gen Con (again) and she told me that the badges are IN, but the printed materials that accompany the badges & lanyards is not yet done. As soon as they receive the materials (via US Post Office), they will start shipping badges. The mid-May guestimate does include a little buffer time on their end in case the printed materials are even later. If you do not receive your badge by 5/15, she suggests you contact Gen Con right away. At this point, she says she is taking 100 phone calls & emails per day on this issue. Hopefully, you can help me spread the word and give this poor lady a break. May the Force be with you all!

Reaction score
I am not going to reply on the diaper part but I have Anne's email set to be forwarded to my phone for when she sends it, just in case I am.... um.... busy.

Reaction score
DarthDaner said:
OFFICIAL WORD ON THE BADGES: Talked to Gen Con (again) and she told me that the badges are IN, but the printed materials that accompany the badges & lanyards is not yet done. As soon as they receive the materials (via US Post Office), they will start shipping badges. The mid-May guestimate does include a little buffer time on their end in case the printed materials are even later. If you do not receive your badge by 5/15, she suggests you contact Gen Con right away. At this point, she says she is taking 100 phone calls & emails per day on this issue. Hopefully, you can help me spread the word and give this poor lady a break. May the Force be with you all!

Reaction score
as long as it is before next Thursday I'm good.....I leave for a vacation with my family next Thursday. though I keep changing my mind on what shifts I want to work......lol.