HEADS UP! New OPX Uniform!

Reaction score
Good news everyone! After considering costs, everyone will be receiving a T-shirt to wear during their shifts. It will be required that you wear this T-shirt while on duty (except those doing crowd control who choose to wear a costume). Everyone will recieve ONE shirt. For those that will work multiple days my suggestions are that you wear an undershirt and/or take advantage of your hotel laundry to keep the shirt fresh. I ordered extras for those people I know are going to be working just a huge number of shifts. What color you ask? Well, they'll be orange and red as before. I know it's not a popular color, but the color was not chosen to compliment complexions, but to make you visible to customers. I'm sure the design will be rockin'.

Reaction score
Oh, it's a fine color. I just know last time it was really easy to spot who were the volunteers and who weren't and that's the important part. Thanks, Anne.

Reaction score
Anne said:
Everyone will recieve ONE shirt. For those that will work multiple days my suggestions are that you wear an undershirt and/or take advantage of your hotel laundry to keep the shirt fresh.
you can also spray some "Febreze" for some extra freshness. Sweet! We get an awesome shirt!!

Reaction score
Thanks Anne...now I can start packing my suitcase finally!...LOL I will make sure everything I pack is complimentry to red and orange.

Reaction score
I was watching some video from C3 and saw both red and orange shirts. Does it depend on your duty what color shirt you get or can we choose?

Reaction score
wvstarwarsfan said:
If I recall correctly, OPX had orange volunteer shirts and GenCon had the red ones at C3.
Thank you
. I thought Anne said something about red and orange shirts but maybe those colors are on the orange shirt...ORANGE.

Reaction score
All volunteers get orange. Those that are unfortunate to have caught my attention enough to be placed in more responsible positions get red.

Reaction score
Orange is cool i will look like a Big Pumpkin red is cool I did wear it alot at C3

Reaction score
Anne said:
Those that are unfortunate to have caught my attention enough to be placed in more responsible positions get red.
You know what happens to the RED SHIRTS ??? They're all gonna DIEEEEEE!

Reaction score
I prefer the shirts over the vests after working for WalMart years ago
Bring on the shirts!

Reaction score
I like the idea of a mint teeshirt personally, but Im not gonna complain at all. I think it is a wise choice to go to the tees rather then the vest. I personally dont want to swap vest with someone that has been pouring sweat into the vest for 5 hours before me.....Eeewwwwwww!

Reaction score
wvstarwarsfan said:
I like the idea of a mint teeshirt personally, but Im not gonna complain at all. I think it is a wise choice to go to the tees rather then the vest. I personally dont want to swap vest with someone that has been pouring sweat into the vest for 5 hours before me.....Eeewwwwwww!
Is it really that hot when you volunteer?
Just being silly. actually i like to see the nice red "new reply posted" number thing that comes up on the forum screen! We're all excited and i check here all the time looking for the red new reply to topic thing! The red is comforting....it's makes me happy

Reaction score
Is it really that hot when you volunteer?
Just being silly. actually i like to see the nice red "new reply posted" number thing that comes up on the forum screen! We're all excited and i check here all the time looking for the red new reply to topic thing! The red is comforting....it's makes me happy

[/QUOTE]
The red makes me warm and fuzzy, too. More red please!

Reaction score
Anne, what happened to the jacket? I liked the idea of wearing a jacket instead of a simple T-shirt.
Can we choose?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Sorry, no choice. Just T-shirts. They've already been ordered.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, medium...please! I can't stand wearing shirts that are to big for me. I'd be swimming in an Extra Large.

Reaction score
it seems like there would be various sizes..remember when we filled out our volunteer forms we checked our shirt size

Reaction score
I think we did pick our shirt sizes now that I think about it. Bottom line, this is one of the coolest experiences you will get to be a part of. The t-shirt/vest/size issue is really so insignifigant once you get there...trust me, you will be thinking that you would have gone naked just to participate. And if you're afraid to miss an autograph, then think about possibly not volunteering for one day. I'm sure there will be pepople willing to pick up or dump a shift. Let's give Anne a break people!!

Reaction score
Jentau said:
it seems like there would be various sizes..remember when we filled out our volunteer forms we checked our shirt size
I forgot about that. Shirts. I'm glad we're getting the shirts. Someone said something about sharing vests...and sweat...I'm glad we don't have to do that! I'm just excited that in less than a month, we'll be there! Woo!

Reaction score
Jentau said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Nice foresight there, Anne!

Reaction score
What color t-shirt would look nice underneath our volunteer t-shirt? Will the letters be black? I'm just trying to color coordinate my cloths. "Thanks Anne."

Reaction score
what is the standard for the rest of the outfit. Are we required to wear pants, jeans, shorts, etc. I know no cut offs or tattered clothing but what else is there?

Reaction score
Like I stated above, use your best judgement. Jeans are good. Nice shorts, a skirt, whatever.