Hawthorne Village series?

Reaction score
i actually love this line. true the figures are not the greatest but all of these village sets never have decent looking figures.

so far I have:

Cantina with Luke
Hoth Echo Base with Vader
Dagobah with Yoda
Endor Bunker with Han
Imperial AT-AT with Leia
Jawa Sandcrawler with C-3PO

according to Hawthorne my next 2 releases are the Jabba's Palace with Jabba and the Ewok Village with Wicket.

I just wonder what some of the future releases are going to be...Death Star? Naboo? more OT perhaps some PT maybe some CW?

also I want to get additional figures... here's hoping that Hawthorne opens up this line with some accessory and figure pack, maybe 3 character figure and perhaps a small vehicle, Landspeeder, speeder bikes etc

Reaction score
I wonder if we will ever get the other figures that were supposed to come with each set ...

Reaction score
It doesnt seem that Hawthorne Village has a method to their madness. I just got an email from them today after having not done anything with my account, saying that my AT-AT had just shipped and was on the way. Uh ok great. And now after reading previous posts here, I see other people have sets that i dont have yet and are waiting for village sets that I already have.
JediMom, does the AT-AT have any lights on it like it seems it does from the advertising photos?

Reaction score
Just got the Sail Barge yesterday. Once again a major miss for the character figure. On close inspection, Leia looks like the old lady from the bathtub scene in The Shining. Barge is a good likeness, but the one random light on the deck seems out of place. Should have had some of the barge windows illuminated from inside as well. Oh well.

Reaction score
I have the whole set of these and I think they are amazing. The figures are too tiny to worry about being perfect although most ive seen look good enough. I think this will ultimately be a fairly rare collectible, not sure but I don't see many floating around. Mine come out Every Christmas and they look great set out near our tree lit up. Very cool atmosphere for us anyways...I was shocked to hear the first poster complain about the paint on a figure comparing it to a DRAWN sample. That might be a little overboard marketing but hopefully no one would really think it would come with figures that perfect. You WILL be disappointed if you do, they are not bad for 1" size little pieces of shaped metal.

Reaction score
I don't collect these, but wanted to report some news as the company was at C2E2 today.

They had all on display including the just finished (as in the day before the con) Wampa cave with hanging Luke.

Also, is the crashed XWing on Dagobah new?

I'll post pics for you guys Sunday.

Reaction score
As promised - couple pics.

NOTE (you can see a glimpse of a concept Falcon exiting Mos Eisley, as well as a future AT-ST)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you, as well, for posting those pics

I think I'd be into this series if I didn't already have things that were pretty close to this dynamic already, such as WOTC minis, Hallmark Ornaments, and Lego. For me there's just enough competition from lines that I have collected for awhile now that dissuade me from starting a new one.

Reaction score
I have to say, even though these aren't the greatest looking collectibles there's a certain something about them that I like. Maybe it's just my memories of seeing the Hawthorne products advertised when I was a kid, but there's a certain quaintness about the brand that just fits well with Star Wars.

That said, I probably won't ever get around to getting any. Like Jedi_Eeth_Koth said, there are just too many other things out there fighting over my wallet.

Reaction score
Yes, they seem kind of neat to me, too. They somewhat remind me of the vintage Micro Collection. But I'm not collecting them either.

I have to say, even though these aren't the greatest looking collectibles there's a certain something about them that I like. Maybe it's just my memories of seeing the Hawthorne products advertised when I was a kid, but there's a certain quaintness about the brand that just fits well with Star Wars.

That said, I probably won't ever get around to getting any. Like Jedi_Eeth_Koth said, there are just too many other things out there fighting over my wallet.

Reaction score
I just won an auction on Ebay for Jabba's Palace Hawthorne/Bradford Village series. So it happens the guy selling it has zero feedback. I have asked him three times to send me an invoice but he has stopped communication ever since I won his auction, and that was four days ago. I don't think I should send payment to someone that doesn't communicate. Who knows when or if he will ever ship my item. Oh well, there will be more sooner or later. I'm not in a rush. If any one here has one they want to sell, send me a PM. Thanks!

Reaction score
How much was it?
The seller finally replied and excused himself for not being able to reply on time. He made a deal with me to ship for free. He also sent and invoice to that effect and the Palace is in transit to me. It should be here before the weekend, if it all goes well. I paid $65.00 for it. I know some previous sellers sold it for less, but being this one of the harder Villages to find, and wanting it the sooner as a Christmas present for my son, I didn't want to wait for another one to pop up. I have the Mos Eisley Cantina Village, and although the Luke figure is terrible, the Village itself I like and displays very well in my Obi-Wan Tatooine set up. These were/are the only two Villages I was interested in getting from the series.

Reaction score
They just released a new series. I have the original 10 plus the new one that I just got a few days ago. It's the Wampa cave. The building's ain't that bad at all, especially since there really isn't anything like them on the market. The figures that come with them on the other hand, are a disgrace. The wampa in the newest one isn't half bad compared to the other figures. All in all, I'm pleased with the sets. It seems that there is Anakin's podracer as well from their website. here's my collection. If anyone wants some closer pics of any of them, let me know & I'll be more than happy to upload them.

Reaction score
My son ended up not wanting the Jabba's Palace Village I posted about winning on Ebay, but I surely liked how it looks. My wife had paid for it so she gave it to me instead as a Christmas present. It all worked well :)

* Nice Hawthorne Village collection there, addedelement.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My son ended up not wanting the Jabba's Palace Village I posted about winning on Ebay, but I surely liked how it looks. My wife had paid for it so she gave it to me instead as a Christmas present. It all worked well :)

* Nice Hawthorne Vilage collection there, addedelement.
Glad it all worked out in the end Lightsword! The villages are pretty neat. Are you going to collect individual ones or the entire set?

Reaction score
Glad it all worked out in the end Lightsword! The villages are pretty neat. Are you going to collect individual ones or the entire set?
Thank you. While it'd be nice to have more of them in my collection, I don't think that would be the case. I collect basically statues, busts and Master Replicas thus my space for displaying is very limited. Having said this however, I think I might get one of the three Hoth related Villages to go along with the SSC Probot I have on pre-order. I think it would be a nice companion piece. If at some point they do something directly related to the Death Star, I could look into it as well. They are all very interesting pieces and very unique in their own way. Do you know if a power cord is available for these? They seem to have an opening on the back for this use. Also, Have you heard of anyone being able to replace the lighting inside when the bulb goes out? I was looking at Jabba's palace, and provided there was a way to open the village, I would change the bulb for a brighter one and drill some more openings where the little windows are to create more of a light up effect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you. While it'd be nice to have more of them in my collection, I don't think that would be the case. I collect basically statues, busts and Master Replicas thus my space for displaying is very limited. Having said this however, I think I might get one of the three Hoth related Villages to go along with the SSC Probot I have on pre-order. I think it would be a nice companion piece. If at some point they do something directly related to the Death Star, I could look into it as well. They are all very interesting pieces and very unique in their own way. Do you know if a power cord is available for these? They seem to have an opening on the back for this use. Also, Have you heard of anyone being able to replace the lighting inside when the bulb goes out? I was looking at Jabba's palace, and provided there was a way to open the village, I would change the bulb for a brighter one and drill some more openings where the little windows are to create more of a light up effect.
I've noticed the port in the back & wondered the same thing but am not for sure With having so many, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle for me having to plug them all in and whatnot. I barely even turn them on. At least the AT-AT is unique & the front view port lights up red instead of yellow like all of the other sets. Speaking of lighting them up, I probably should take out the batteries so they don't corrode thus rendering the set inoperable. Honestly, I don't think that there is a way to open them up aside from hacking them apart to get to the electrical components. I'm looking forward to some Death Star scenes & even Cloud City. I think it'd be pretty cool for them to do the Millennium Falcon in the hanger bay, the detention cell rescue or even the trench warfare at the end of ANH.

Jabba's Palace is probably my favorite one due to it looking the best & most accurate.

Reaction score
I like the AT-AT (though being so small details are lacking a bit), Hoth and Tatooine. Maybe one day I'll be looking for some of them.

Reaction score
I found some moss mat at Michael's. My wife had an idea for a project for our house so I decided to utilize the remainder of it. It comes on a sticky (VERY, VERY sticky) backing so you can peel off the paper & attach it to anything. I left the paper on & once I get a new house with room to display my pieces properly, I'll make a base for it & add some misc. details to it as well. So for now, enjoy the "rough draft diorama"!

Reaction score
Slick addition with the "moss floor".

The AT-ST base looks like a big green sprinkled sugar cookie - heh.

Reaction score
Slick addition with the "moss floor".

The AT-ST base looks like a big green sprinkled sugar cookie - heh.
I still need to get a fabric marker & dye the hideous white rope to a brown color so it looks more realistic. I'll post some pics of the finished result after I get it done.

The AT-ST was the 2013 Hallmark ornament. It may not be to scale but it's close enough.

Reaction score
Just received the newest addition to the village collection. A couple of plus' on this one compared to the others. It already came with a battery. All I had to do was pull the little plastic strip. Second, the figure was painted pretty dang good when compared to the other figures.

Reaction score
They just released a new series. I have the original 10 plus the new one that I just got a few days ago. It's the Wampa cave. The building's ain't that bad at all, especially since there really isn't anything like them on the market. The figures that come with them on the other hand, are a disgrace. The wampa in the newest one isn't half bad compared to the other figures. All in all, I'm pleased with the sets. It seems that there is Anakin's podracer as well from their website. here's my collection. If anyone wants some closer pics of any of them, let me know & I'll be more than happy to upload them.

The diorama maker in me really likes this collection! Love the style and how they manage to compact all the elements down. I've always been afraid that if I grabbed one Hawthorne Village piece that it would never stop.

Reaction score
I came home to find a surprise package. 2 to be exact but this one really surprised me. When I opened this up, I was immediately impressed. These 'villages' have come a long way & the sculpts are getting really good. This is my most recent addition. As usual, it lights up & this one features an ewok on a glider flying above the AT-ST & a log ready to smash into it. The bottom of the base is now lined with black felt & has gold leaf lettering. You really can't complain for $60 a pop to have a unique diorama to compliment your other statues. I have the Mos Eisley Cantina to go with my Luke Skywalker Farm Boy mini bust.

Reaction score
I've never really been into these village pieces, I much prefer characters to scenery..., having said that I don't think the AT ST is all that bad, it's certainly more interesting than most I've seen anyway.

Reaction score
It looks like a clay sculpture made by a 5 years old. I like most of the other Hawthorne Village dioramas but this one IMO is a fail. But the tree looks good...