Hassk Thug

Reaction score
Like Zuvio, this guy shouldn't peg warm since we all should be buying 3-4 of each of them (the 4th being the tailed Hassk [see above sketch] and the Knights of Stimpy Zuvio):p

Reaction score
Eh... I still say it's a weak, uninspired design. Something Marvel would've conceived of and printed during their SW comic book run back in the 70s/80s.
Exactly - but, that actually makes me want the figure even more - even though I'm not even collecting the TFA 5 POA line. I loved the SW Marvel comic series - it's definitely my favorite SW EU - along with the SOTME novel & the Brian Daley Han Solo novels. This character definitely looks like it would have been lurking in the background around one of the backwater planets in the SW Marvel EU.

Reaction score
I love how that Stormtrooper is content to just watch these two guys kill each other, like a spectator at a hockey game. He hasn't even unslung his rifle, I wonder if he placed bets with those guys at the table on who would win?
Yeah - that's a fantastic & iconic Ralph McQuarrie production drawing/painting from the OT. I think the Stormtrooper's attitude is pretty similar to the attitude the Empire had when they were "occupying" these backwater planets like Tattoine. I.e., they didn't care if the non-Imperials took each other out, since that didn't affect them. However, if these people ever attacked the Imperials themselves all bets were off.

Agree that one of those aliens in this painting looks like the Hassk Thug - maybe that's where they got the idea...

Reaction score
Yeah - that's a fantastic & iconic Ralph McQuarrie production drawing/painting from the OT. I think the Stormtrooper's attitude is pretty similar to the attitude the Empire had when they were "occupying" these backwater planets like Tattoine. I.e., they didn't care if the non-Imperials took each other out, since that didn't affect them. However, if these people ever attacked the Imperials themselves all bets were off.

Agree that one of those aliens in this painting looks like the Hassk Thug - maybe that's where they got the idea...
the creature performer who plays this thug confirmed it's based on that image! super cool to see McQuarrie work continuing to inspire

Reaction score
Oh he's there. As soon (and I mean the second they do) as Han and company enter Maz's castle a Hassk thug walks by the camera, you mostly see him from the back. Then as everyone is going outside to watch the Starkiller blast you can see the three of them all the way to the left of the screen in the background. Both very, blink and you'll miss it, scenes.

Reaction score
it looks like a knife sheath on his chest, but no knife. an actual removable knife would have really helped with the disappointment over the low articulation and meh sculpting a lot of the figures have.

Reaction score
I've seen this figure a few times now. Passed every time, as I just have zero interest in it. I'm skipping quite a few of the background characters.

Reaction score
I've actually started buying some of TFA 5 POA figures (big surprise, ha ha) even though I said I wasn't going to. I'm not collecting the line in it's entirety, just getting some figures here & there - primarily some aliens & some armored figures.

I did get the Hassk Thug - cool looking figure, that definitely reminds me of something that we would have seen in the '80's SW EU; it looks like a cross between a Wookie & a small Wampa?!

Reaction score
It's always reminded me of something that could be lurking on Endor. Sort of a cousin to the Gorax.

Reaction score
It's always reminded me of something that could be lurking on Endor. Sort of a cousin to the Gorax.
Agreed - so that's what this Hassk Thug reminded me of....time to re-watch The Caravan of Courage TV film (1984), which I haven't done in years. That and the 2nd Ewok film (Battle for Endor) are very underrated & all-but forgotten SW EU these days...

Reaction score
I find Battle For Endor to be much more pseudo-regular watchable. Probably because Mace Towani dies early on. Spoiler alert.

Reaction score
I love SW, and schlock, but man, I just rewatched COC and it was painful to watch. (And we all know the Hassk was based off the McQuarrie sketch.)

Reaction score
I find Battle For Endor to be much more pseudo-regular watchable. Probably because Mace Towani dies early on. Spoiler alert.
No spoilers needed, IMHO - Caravan of Courage (1984) and Battle for Endor (1985) are 32 & 31 years old, respectively. And, they were issued on DVD. So, if you're a SW fan and still haven't seen them yet, you probably won't. And, I agree COC was slow & hard to watch, primarily because of Mace Towani's whiny-ness - he was whiner than Luke Skywalker in ANH.

Reaction score
I saw Darth Vader's red lightsaber and clapped! X{D

I'm thinking of getting the Hassk Thug, but was wondering how moveable the head is. Do any of you owners of the figure have a pic of the range of motion the head has? :{D