Hasbro Toy Shop

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to post all things related to Hasbro's Toy Shop eg computer lists, newest finds and special offers etc.

Reaction score
i ordered Maul, Luke and R2 w/ 10% off using the code MCDCREW2013. qualifying orders over $50 enjoy FREE SHIPPING!! basically all items except exclusives.

unfortunately the Sandtrooper and Boba + HIC are currently "out of stock".

offer good til 8/31

Reaction score
Speeder Bike and Retail Jabba now available for pre-order on Hasbrotoyshop.com for $34.99.

Reaction score
Free shipping is dropped for the month of August. I believe the code COMIC2014 still works for 10% off. Another code that works frequently is 10HTSDISC for 10%. Not as good as free shipping, but better than nothing, and they are easily available.

Reaction score
Free shipping is dropped for the month of August. I believe the code COMIC2014 still works for 10% off. Another code that works frequently is 10HTSDISC for 10%. Not as good as free shipping, but better than nothing, and they are easily available.
Promotion codes don't work on exclusives... Even if the site had a promotion listed or free shipping banner, the language in the promotion always says "on most", some exclusions apply, etc...

and from hts faq...
Can I use discounts or promotion codes on ComicCon items?No. The standard HasbroToyShop.com policy does not include exclusives, including ComicCon items, for promotions or discounts.

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be?
I thought, Oh, cool, I'll wait till this puppy pops up on HTS and grab one for 35 bones, but oh noooo, no it can't happen that way. Either a horde of scalper's jizzzed in their Yoda undies and snagged them all up or HTS only got four in stock. Collectors be damned. Why do I even bother anymore?

Reaction score
Jabba is gone too. Added to my cart and it said it's sold out and I need to remove. $35 is darn cheap.

Reaction score
I really doubt scalpers are getting Speeder Bikes off of HTS. That seems like it'd be the lowest margin ever. Wasn't this in stock for more than 24 hours? The site is having higher-than-average traffic this week, so it makes sense that folks would be scooping these up.

Reaction score
If you ordered Jabba or Speeder Bike, watch your inboxes for shipping notices... apparently HTS got them in sooner than expected.

Reaction score
If you ordered Jabba or Speeder Bike, watch your inboxes for shipping notices... apparently HTS got them in sooner than expected.
I've been using HTS for about 3 years now, and the one thing you can count on is that you can't count on their "in stock" dates. They are almost always sooner than stated. It's usually a good thing unless you aren't expecting the charge that soon.

Reaction score
Why do I even bother anymore?
I ask myself that every day, when it comes to Hasbro! And I gave up on HTS Con Exclusives two or three years ago, so at least I don't get wound up about not getting those anymore.

Now I must try to swallow a big chill pill about the state the line is in these days...

I really doubt scalpers are getting Speeder Bikes off of HTS. That seems like it'd be the lowest margin ever.
But it still creates demand, while reducing supply. Thus increasing secondary market prices. Some people have been known to hang onto an item a few years, just to make some coin on it. Someone is always looking for something, and if it's OOP it costs more.

Reaction score
But it still creates demand, while reducing supply. Thus increasing secondary market prices. Some people have been known to hang onto an item a few years, just to make some coin on it. Someone is always looking for something, and if it's OOP it costs more.
That is true. I wasn't considering the long game. Honestly, if you look at the prices for Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles from just a few years ago, the "going rate" online is really high on many items. A lot of times the newer versions of vintage vehicles (like the OTC Falcon or the Cobra Stinger, for example) can run even more than their actual vintage predecessors.

I have more than one friend who came to me saying, "I need a kid sized Millennium Falcon" and the options were slim and expensive.

Reaction score
That is true. I wasn't considering the long game. Honestly, if you look at the prices for Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles from just a few years ago, the "going rate" online is really high on many items. A lot of times the newer versions of vintage vehicles (like the OTC Falcon or the Cobra Stinger, for example) can run even more than their actual vintage predecessors.

I have more than one friend who came to me saying, "I need a kid sized Millennium Falcon" and the options were slim and expensive.
...and didn't Hasbro say something about fixing distribution to help control the secondary market? Whatev.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
The one thing I've come to appreciate about HTS is that it's a direct and immediate line to Hasbro on the desirability of characters/scales/themes. If the Stormtrooper or Jabba continue selling out, and Prequel Obi-Wan doesn't, presumably they get a better sense of the collectors' interests. It's a lot more difficult to do that with store inventory, since Hasbro reps can't really be everywhere to gauge the same thing from hundreds of stores across the country (not to mention lazy shelf-stockers, etc).

Reaction score
The one thing I've come to appreciate about HTS is that it's a direct and immediate line to Hasbro on the desirability of characters/scales/themes. If the Stormtrooper or Jabba continue selling out, and Prequel Obi-Wan doesn't, presumably they get a better sense of the collectors' interests. It's a lot more difficult to do that with store inventory, since Hasbro reps can't really be everywhere to gauge the same thing from hundreds of stores across the country (not to mention lazy shelf-stockers, etc).
I'll bet they also get really great data from Amazon - not internally available, but shared, I'm sure.

I would kill to spend three or four days going through their metrics.

Reaction score
I see Scouts everywhere I go. If scalpers are trying to inflate prices, they're going to have a bad time. I don't think there's nearly as much demand as some people think. Scouts are nowhere near as iconic as either Stormies or Sandies. I fully expect Jabbas (non-SDCC) and Scout troopers to be pegwarming for months to come. Maybe I'll nab one when they're on clearance.

Reaction score
I see Scouts everywhere I go. If scalpers are trying to inflate prices, they're going to have a bad time. I don't think there's nearly as much demand as some people think. Scouts are nowhere near as iconic as either Stormies or Sandies. I fully expect Jabbas (non-SDCC) and Scout troopers to be pegwarming for months to come. Maybe I'll nab one when they're on clearance.
I think it depends on location. I still haven't seen any on the shelves in NYC, but I also don't think they stock many to begin with. Maybe that's artificially creating the appearance of a demand. Either way, I've pre-ordered mine a while back just to be certain to not need to deal with scalpers. The worst was when Boba Fett was released. Thankfully it was repackaged in the last wave along with the stormtrooper.

As you can be patient, then you can find a reasonable price. For the impatient, well there's either luck and getting it at retail price or by paying crazy sums for scalper prices.

So far I haven't paid more than full price for any SWBS figure except for the Boba Fett/Han Solo in Carbonite release and for that I paid $80.

Some of these I picked up cheap from Amazon. The only one I'm waiting on now for a good price is Prince Leia. I have it boxed, but I want a loose one and I don't want to pay more than $12. With the amount of stock on hand I don't think that's out of the question, unless they ship it back to Hasbro and it becomes a re-pack with Jabba. That's also possible.

Reaction score
*snip* unless they ship it back to Hasbro and it becomes a re-pack with Jabba. That's also possible.
That's not how the toy business works. If they decide to pack her in with Jabba at some future point, they'll make more of both figures. Once an item is shipped to a store it sits on the shelf till it sells.

Reaction score
That's not how the toy business works. If they decide to pack her in with Jabba at some future point, they'll make more of both figures. Once an item is shipped to a store it sits on the shelf till it sells.
thats not true, I've seen Hasbro reps in my store with a list of figures to pull because they arent selling..

Reaction score
thats not true, I've seen Hasbro reps in my store with a list of figures to pull because they arent selling..
I think what he meant was that toys sold to retailers (which failed to find a consumer) will not be shipped back to China to be repacked as a future release.

A shipped toy will either be A.) sold or B.) destroyed. He just omitted to mention one of those fates.

Reaction score
Is it too early to get nervous about my HST Jabba Throne Room order? It's still "not shipped", no charge yet, and an estimated ship date of 8/15/14 (last Friday). It's my first order with them.

Reaction score
Was it recently? I asked DDP about it back at CVI, and his reply was they could not afford to do buybacks. That was two years ago, though. I've never been lucky enough to see a rep in the wild, but it would be great to see one pulling the crap figures off the pegs.