Hasbro Press Release: The Clone Wars & More

Reaction score
Re: Hasbro Press Release: The Clone Wars & More

MasterBENbro said:
Commander_Gray said:
Mmmmmmm.....I recently trained my little cousin (I like to call him my brother
) in the ways of collecting and he doesn't seem to care about action features. I showed him some of the ROTS figures and let him play with them, and sure he lked it for a few seconds but after that he seemed to move on to the more cool loking figures. They look for realism in the figures aswell. For example when I showed him the ROTS quick-draw figure he commented on how big the hips were and how weird it looked. They also seem to look at and enjoy POA. They want figures that fit in ships and can move many body parts. So kids don't really care about the stupid action features, my cousin is 5 and he would rather a nice looking figure over a action featured one. So I guess I have some good knowledge of what kids like, and action features isn't very high up their lists

-Mr Gray
I gave my little brother (5 yrs.) a few of my older doubles a while ago. The ones with action features became unused bath toys. He still loves the Episode 1 era figures, but whenever he can get his hands on my collection, he goes for the ones with better articulation. He really likes the ones with removable helmets too(esp. Boushh Leia), he thinks it's so cool that "they have two heads!"
Yep everything you said your brother does my cousin does.I only let him play with my "spare toys" which are POTJ, POTF, E1, SAGA 1, OTC and ROTS and he loves the figures I give him (excluding AF ones(trust me he really doesn't like them)). I think Hasbro should take something from the convosation if they are reading and stop AF and dig a very deep grave for them.

Reaction score

Commander_Gray said:
I think Hasbro should take something from the convosation if they are reading and stop AF and dig a very deep grave for them.
Or burn them...

Reaction score

MasterBENbro said:
Commander_Gray said:
I think Hasbro should take something from the convosation if they are reading and stop AF and dig a very deep grave for them.
Or burn them...
How about fire them into the sun. No way of them comingback then.

Reaction score

Commander_Gray said:
MasterBENbro said:
Commander_Gray said:
Or burn them...
How about fire them into the sun. No way of them comingback then.
We could fire them to the GFFA too.

Reaction score

Animated/realistic hybrid + $7.99 + action features = very little chance I'll be collecting this line. Toy Fair is going to have to be insane to sway me.

Reaction score

Still too much speculation for me to really decide how I am going to approach this whole year. It looks to be a very expensive year, and I might have to pick and choose more carefully than I did in '07 (Those damn coins were just too sweet not to get them all) I hope the BAF line doesn't do me in like the coins did. TF is going to be insane and I hope a lot of the details about the line get cleared up to stop the constant whining.

Reaction score

For what it's worth, the report on the figures that spoke about the animated/realistic stle said that there was plenty of super articulaton - something that doesn't generally happen with action features. Also, has HAS said before that if they were to do action features again the accessories would have the features, NOT the figures.

Just saying...

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
For what it's worth, the report on the figures that spoke about the animated/realistic stle said that there was plenty of super articulaton - something that doesn't generally happen with action features. Also, has HAS said before that if they were to do action features again the accessories would have the features, NOT the figures.

Just saying...
Good point. Lets hope if they have action features with the accessories then they will be something like a nice cannon, or something like that, that can fir something. Kind of like theROTS Pilot figure.

Reaction score

cbrigden said:
Well, to be honest fifteen is probably three or four years past the oldest of the toy-playing kids, at least in my experience. I think Hasbro markets to 5-11 and 30-35 yrs.
I'm 15. I spend all of my allowance on SW figs and comic books. After that, I get bummmed I'm out of money for more figures.