Hasbro Press Release: The Clone Wars & More

Reaction score
Hasbro Press Release: The Clone Wars & More

The FIRST OFFICIAL news regarding the toy line. ENJOY!

Reaction score
Re: Hasbro Press Release: The Clone Wars & More

Action features?

7.99 a figure?

How are astromech and protocol droids unique?

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Action features?
Double

But did someone mention in another thread a rumor that it was the accessory pack-ins that had the action features, not the figures themselves?

Reaction score

I'll be highly disappointed if they have action features, like the crappy action features in the beginning of ROTS line.

Reaction score

At 7.99 a pop, these had better be fantastic. That's all I am going to say right now.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Action features?
Not some, all figures will have an action feature. TRIPLE PASS! That is ridiculous. Does it actually cost less to develop a "slashing attack" into every figure? I can probably safely say that most non-completists will pass on them because of this.

7.99 a figure?
The price rise was not un-heard of, but at least I won't be wasting that extra dollar or any of $8 on Clone Wars figures.

I was going to get Ahsoka and Asajj, but I dunno any more. Since this is a Hasbro press release, does that mean that we can call Jedi Defender's "confirmation" article into question? They stated that none of the figures have action features, but since that is wrong, can we hope for regular heads?

I hate to think what age group they are trying to attract with action features. Because I'm 15 and I don't like them. Must be for four-year-olds.

Reaction score

Yikes!

Suddenly I hope they're animated! $8 each? Action features? Not sure I want them to begin with... Well, if they're acceptably realistic, I hope the action features are relegated to the accessories as (nomadscout reminds us) has been rumored.

I like the idea of 30 figures in the build-a-droid line. Here's hoping for some healthy assortments. So, does the Endor wave we've heard about appear in the TAC line, or the build a droid? If it's still TAC, do we have any leads yet on the thirty figures from the BAF line? That's probably where some of those figs from '78's exhaustive rumor thread belong.

Anyway, wrong section for BAF.

Reaction score

Well, to be honest fifteen is probably three or four years past the oldest of the toy-playing kids, at least in my experience. I think Hasbro markets to 5-11 and 30-35 yrs.

Reaction score

We're going to have to open another forum for the Droid Factory line - I've already pinged Dan about that - we'll then have to sort the rest of the stuff around from the TAC forum to the new - but that's going to be a little tougher until we hear more about the "packaging" fate of the waves formerly known as TAC W3 and TAC W4...

More later!

'78

Reaction score

So we have TAC 2008 and SAGA Legends out right now. I'm sure these will still be on shelves when the transition takes place. Then we are going to have the "Classic" line, the "Clone Wars 3D" line, AND the "Build a Droid" line? So we might have, at least for a period of time, 5 separate lines all on the shelf simultaneously?

Dude...

Reaction score

Yeow!

Indeed, the price increase is not much of a surprise, disapointing though it may be.

Action Features...? Let's hope that applies to the pack-ins but that is not how it reads.

I think the only item I will be looking for is the AT-TE as an addition to my grandson's Grand Army. Other than that I may at last have reached that point of passing this collection on to a new generation...

So it goes

Reaction score

Ya know I've been pretty excited about this line from the first rumors of the animated series but between the 4 UPC's + $7.00 for a mailaway figure and a $8 SRP for thenew line of figures my "desire" for these is starting to dwindle sorry to say. ATleast the AT-TE is coming I guess. I'm surprised that's not $200

Reaction score

Hmm....now I'm even more certain that I will only be getting a select few figures if they're realistic. I'm still uninterested in animated-style figures unless they're unbelievably fantastic.

Reaction score

It always seems that the MSRP is set higher in the beginning. I'm not sold that stores like Wal-Mart and Target will bump these up to $8 a pop. The two of them will probably try and outprice each other. Wal-Mart likes to be the price leader on things after all.

Reaction score

Yeah, action features and $8 a figure.
I'm not so sure I'll be getting into this now. I'm still waiting for pics before I decide but with all the other stuff coming out this year I just don't think I'll be able to collect this line, unless it really is great. I'm super excited for the show, and it will be hard not to get sucked into the hype, but for $8 a pop they better be damn good.

Reaction score

nomadscout said:
So we have TAC 2008 and SAGA Legends out right now. I'm sure these will still be on shelves when the transition takes place. Then we are going to have the "Classic" line, the "Clone Wars 3D" line, AND the "Build a Droid" line? So we might have, at least for a period of time, 5 separate lines all on the shelf simultaneously?

Dude...
I sort of assumed the "Classic" line is, in fact, the BAF line. In any event, we'll still have at least five lines on the pegs at once. If those Saga '06 figures haven't sold by now, they're not going to be gone by this July.

Reaction score

Yes, it will be cheaper to buy an extra AT-TE, than to populate it.

Reaction score

Keep in mind though that these toys are geared towards kids, that's why many have action features. Collectors might not like them, but the kids do.

Reaction score

iamjangofett75 said:
nomadscout said:

Dude...
I sort of assumed the "Classic" line is, in fact, the BAF line. In any event, we'll still have at least five lines on the pegs at once. If those Saga '06 figures haven't sold by now, they're not going to be gone by this July.
That is how I understood things too. That classics and BAF were the same line. I can't imagine 3 lines of figures shipping at the same time. (Well, it did happen during POTF2 line...and that didn't end very well...Hoth Leia, Death Star Droid, AT-AT driver and Pote wound up being overpriced fan club exclusives)

Reaction score

Action features huh? $8 eh? Stylizing that doesn't go with my collection you say?

Looks like Tom's saving a nice chunk of change this year. I'll be able to get an AT-TE, and hell maybe some clones from eBay to populate it.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
iamjangofett75 said:
nomadscout said:

Dude...
That is how I understood things too. That classics and BAF were the same line. I can't imagine 3 lines of figures shipping at the same time. (Well, it did happen during POTF2 line...and that didn't end very well...Hoth Leia, Death Star Droid, AT-AT driver and Pote wound up being overpriced fan club exclusives)
Yeah, you guys might be right. So I guess TAC 08 will be replaced with the Build-a-droid. And then Legends will essentially be supplanted by the CW3D line. That's still 4 lines in transition. I hope this goes well....

(Hey, we're going to have FU and BAD in the same year. Not a good sign.)

Reaction score

Wow. Action features? And I thought the news of animated designs was bad! This is shaping up to be the worst line since the early ep.II/Saga figures! PASS-O-MATIC!! Thank goodness for the Classic/Build-a-Droid line.

Reaction score

Wow! Toonish, action-feature Clone Wars figures! Seven dollar exclusive Rex figure that will cost me $35 to obtain after the four UPC’s from ONLY certain figures! The extremely loose collector and kid friendly Droid Factory assortment! How disappointing. It's looking very likely that I will be sitting most of this year out. So far the only thing that looks appealing to me is the The Force Unleashed and the massive Clone Transport. Hasbro wants to pi$$ down the backs of the fanbase then “F” `em! I’ll pi$$ back.

Reaction score

Could Classics and Droid Factory lines be one and the same?

Reaction score

Todd_F said:
Hasbro wants to pi$$ down the backs of the fanbase then “F” `em! I’ll pi$$ back.
After all of the really nice things Hasbro has given us as part of TAC, I hardly think it's justifiable to get that angry at them for making KIDS the target audience for part of their TOY line once in a while.

Besides, this is all pretty premature. We haven't seen any pictures yet. Save the complaints for Toy Fair

Reaction score

Todd_F said:
Wow! Toonish, action-feature Clone Wars figures! Seven dollar exclusive Rex figure that will cost me $35 to obtain after the four UPC’s from ONLY certain figures! The extremely loose collector and kid friendly Droid Factory assortment! How disappointing. It's looking very likely that I will be sitting most of this year out. So far the only thing that looks appealing to me is the The Force Unleashed and the massive Clone Transport. Hasbro wants to pi$$ down the backs of the fanbase then “F” `em! I’ll pi$$ back.
With that attitude I don't think Hasbro is going to miss you if you sit this one out...

Reaction score

I highly doubt there's going to be a third basic figure line. The "Classic" line, which I don't even know how we came up with, is probably the same as the Droid Factory line.

Reaction score

It is most likely the "classic" line that's been their code name over the last few months. If you include TAC, DF is the third line this year - TAC, CW and DF - hopefully we'll have another section soon for DF, but a lot will depend on what we see from Toy Fair...

'78

GNT

Reaction score

At least we have a confirmed number of figures that'll be released this year, I can start saving money in the meantime
Can't wait for Toy Fair to see it all.

Reaction score

I'm always surprised by the negativity of the posters on these boards. You have to look for the good things in life, griping all the time will only make your own life bad.

Action features are great for kids, and don't forget these are TOYS. Most of us were hooked to Star Wars years ago, but we still need to keep hooking up new generations to Star Wars or it'll wither and die.

Surely action features are good if you want to play with your toys, if you don't play with them and keep 'em carded then does it even matter if the figure you're never going to open has an action feature or not?

I'm surprise that ALL the 28 CW figures will have action features, but imagine being a kid again, it'd be great!!!!

Reaction score

pocoyo_joe said:
I'm always surprised by the negativity of the posters on these boards. You have to look for the good things in life, griping all the time will only make your own life bad.

Action features are great for kids, and don't forget these are TOYS. Most of us were hooked to Star Wars years ago, but we still need to keep hooking up new generations to Star Wars or it'll wither and die.

Surely action features are good if you want to play with your toys, if you don't play with them and keep 'em carded then does it even matter if the figure you're never going to open has an action feature or not?

I'm surprise that ALL the 28 CW figures will have action features, but imagine being a kid again, it'd be great!!!!
Mmmmmmm.....I recently trained my little cousin (I like to call him my brother
) in the ways of collecting and he doesn't seem to care about action features. I showed him some of the ROTS figures and let him play with them, and sure he lked it for a few seconds but after that he seemed to move on to the more cool loking figures. They look for realism in the figures aswell. For example when I showed him the ROTS quick-draw figure he commented on how big the hips were and how weird it looked. They also seem to look at and enjoy POA. They want figures that fit in ships and can move many body parts. So kids don't really care about the stupid action features, my cousin is 5 and he would rather a nice looking figure over a action featured one. So I guess I have some good knowledge of what kids like, and action features isn't very high up their lists

-Mr Gray

Reaction score

Commander_Gray said:
pocoyo_joe said:

) in the ways of collecting and he doesn't seem to care about action features. I showed him some of the ROTS figures and let him play with them, and sure he lked it for a few seconds but after that he seemed to move on to the more cool loking figures. They look for realism in the figures aswell. For example when I showed him the ROTS quick-draw figure he commented on how big the hips were and how weird it looked. They also seem to look at and enjoy POA. They want figures that fit in ships and can move many body parts. So kids don't really care about the stupid action features, my cousin is 5 and he would rather a nice looking figure over a action featured one. So I guess I have some good knowledge of what kids like, and action features isn't very high up their lists

-Mr Gray
First good for you for indoctrinating another soul into the great body of Star Wars fandom.

Wow I'm surprised kids not go for action features, I think they can be quite entertaining, but I wouldn't want them in all my figures.

Trouble is Star Wars used to be a vehicle/playset orientated toy-line and the figues main purpose was to sit in said vehicles and playsets. Sadly the figures themselves seem to be the thing now, hence action features and super-articulation.

Personally I prefer the old vintage 5 points of articulation, but I really thought kids loved action features. Are you sure you and your cousin aren't just really advanced for your age? You seem like a really bright kid.

Reaction score

Oye. I'm going to have to cut back if this is true. But is Hasbro really that stupid?

Reaction score

GKinCT said:
Oye. I'm going to have to cut back if this is true. But is Hasbro really that stupid?
No the question is "are WE really that stupid?" Hasbro are the multi-millionaires not us, well not unless I've won the lottery and don't know it

I wish I could say "I'll cut back" but I know I'd only be deluding myself

Reaction score

pocoyo_joe said:
First good for you for indoctrinating another soul into the great body of Star Wars fandom.

Wow I'm surprised kids not go for action features, I think they can be quite entertaining, but I wouldn't want them in all my figures.

Trouble is Star Wars used to be a vehicle/playset orientated toy-line and the figues main purpose was to sit in said vehicles and playsets. Sadly the figures themselves seem to be the thing now, hence action features and super-articulation.

Personally I prefer the old vintage 5 points of articulation, but I really thought kids loved action features. Are you sure you and your cousin aren't just really advanced for your age? You seem like a really bright kid.
I wish Hasbro thought that you did. I wish we had all the Playsets that the Vintage figures did. Another thing that's disappointing is that most figures can't even ride in their own vehicles anymore, sometimes because of skirts or just bad legs or things like holsters.

Reaction score

Commander_Gray said:

-Mr Gray
I gave my little brother (5 yrs.) a few of my older doubles a while ago. The ones with action features became unused bath toys. He still loves the Episode 1 era figures, but whenever he can get his hands on my collection, he goes for the ones with better articulation. He really likes the ones with removable helmets too(esp. Boushh Leia), he thinks it's so cool that "they have two heads!"

Reaction score

As a kid I constantly lost weapons to my SW figures, I fear that if I was a kid now I'd lose a few heads and hands too. A lot of recent figures come with very tiny weapons that I sometimes lose bits even now as an adult collector.

The only reason I bought a second CW animated Clone Trooper was because I lost the rifle to the first one. It's somewhere in the house as I never took it outside, but boy I can never find the darned thing.

I will admit however the big appeal of GI Joes/Action Force figures to me as a kid was taking them apart and putting them back together different swapping heads and stuff, but they still kinda just added to my SW toys.

I would've loved missile firing toys as a kid but sadly such things weren't allowed back then.

Reaction score

pocoyo_joe said:
Commander_Gray said:
pocoyo_joe said:

-Mr Gray

I don't know about me but my cousin is a really smart kid. He seems to pick up thing's really quickly. He picked up all the names of all the Star Wars characters after watching each movie one time. He seems to go for the.....oh how do you put it.......the ones that look like the moives, and not with the ones that have AF. Trust me they do still play with the ones with AF but it wears off really quickly. The things kids like the most on figures are POA, they often come up to me and comment on either how you can't move its arm, or all the "cool" poses he can get them into.

I feel action features can work aslong as you don't see them on the figure.

Kids also love clones and stormtroopers, or white guys as they call them. But most of all kids like ships, and they like figures that can fit in thier ships. Hasbro if you are reading this please kids Like mostlywhat colectors like- good strong figures, and ships- not action features.

Oh and thanks for saying you think I am a bright kid, it means alot to me