HASBRO - NEW INDIANA JONES TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: HASBRO - Indiana Jones Toys!

Maybe it's blasphemy, but I actually kinda like the playset. I'm curious to see more pics and explore it's action features, but I guess any playset is better than no playset. And it looks like you might be able to connect some of the "traps" that come with the deluxe figures to expand this set!

And I agree, the German with the motorcycle looks great! Complete with soft goods to allow him to sit normally! And just to add to the speculation here, there appears to be a hole on the right side of the bike, behind the driver's foot... I'm thinking they're using the same mold of the bike to make the motorcycle and sidecar- and that hole is where the sidecar will connect to it!

Anyway, I'm dying to see more... I'm as giddy as a schoolboy!

Reaction score

Sweet. I can't wait for more pics. Tomorrow night we will see everything!!

Reaction score

Wow, Indy's eyes are wide open.

Love the German though!!!
Thats to bad about the playset though.

Reaction score

Man, I am so excited about this line! Everything looks great! Well...excpet for the FX whip

Reaction score

Wow. Am I late for the party. The Nazi on motorcycle has some pretty kick @$$ softgoods. Also, the Indy with horse is way cool. Wish Marion had some knees. These are far superior to the Disneyland figures for sure. Looks pretty definitive.

Reaction score

You're right, the Lost Temple of Akator playset is the Mustafar set with a new paint job and accessories. The tree on the back side to the right looks like the Deluxe set (Indy swinging over the snake pit) attached to it which would be cool. I cannot wait for these toys!!! Going to be so freakin broke this year.

Reaction score

I think the mustafar playset actually looks a lot better this way,

Reaction score

I can't wait for Indy and the Horse, that'll definitely be the one Indy I'll get. That German looks really cool too. Another must. I'm not too into playsets, so I probably won't get that one.

Reaction score

We're back!!

The official Hasbro Indiana Jones presentation is now posted.....more to come.

OMG, LOTS more to come.... I'm not sleeping tonight.

Reaction score

Those new figures look great - can't wait for May 1st so we can start getting some of these. Nice to see we're getting a few version of enemy troops, too.

Reaction score

Thanks DAN!! You are the man!!!

I had to show everyone this . . . TOD fig!!!

Reaction score

Can someone explain why the Adventure Heroes line exists? I can't even begin to think of a toddler who should see any of the Indiana Jones movies. Melting Nazis? A heart ripped out of a chest? A rapidly aging person who turns into a skeleton and then dust? These are not things I would show a 3 to 5 year old.

Reaction score

they exist because they look cool.
And Indy is exactly the sort of adventure stuff i loved when i was 5 years old.

i'm not a collector of 3 3/4" figures any more, haven't been for a long time but i will be collecting adventure heroes

Reaction score

I loved Indy as a kid. I saw the first one when I was about five. That said, I'm nearly thirty and I love the Galactic Heroes. These seem even cooler.

I think it's safe to say that with the current Hasbro SW line-up, the Indy line will be replacing most of my 3-3/4 buying this year.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
Can someone explain why the Adventure Heroes line exists? I can't even begin to think of a toddler who should see any of the Indiana Jones movies. Melting Nazis? A heart ripped out of a chest? A rapidly aging person who turns into a skeleton and then dust? These are not things I would show a 3 to 5 year old.

yeah i know what ya mean. and on top of that, they look likie crap. even as a kid i wouldnt want this stuff, i'd want the regular figures. galactic heroes are just a waste of shelf space, they look soo stupid and kiddie. i cant imagine even little kids want something that looks THAT childish.

anyway, i am simply amazned by the new figures, they looks incredible, this is certainly gonna mkake up for the lack of Indy stuff for the last 25 years. and im soooooooo glad we are getting a ToD wave!!! yay!!! that photo of the big guy look incredible!!

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
New Indiana Jones figure pics are up! CLICK HERE

Minor spoiler warning applies as Crystal Skull figures are shown.

i dont see any pics...

Reaction score

Professor said:
Unfortunately, the Indy likeness in all the product is just not good.
what were you expecting? its a action figure. and i think indy's likness is pretty good, considering the figure is only 3 inches tall lol.

Reaction score

oh yeah, i just noticed, why are we only getting 2 Raiders vehicles, but none from TLC? they havent shown indy sidebike with henry jones vehicle, or the tank from TLC. i thought we were gonna be getting the tank from TLC!

Reaction score

According to the presentation, Indy is a long-term license.

What is being displayed or talked about takes them through Sept. With the LC wave not debuting until July, I'd say that they are holding off on such items as a product plan to extend the license.

There is only so much in Indy to make that to overload people when the focus is probably to be on the new movie at this time is a little too much. Much of the items are just to get the indy line up and running. Raiders was the first film, so it seems the main focus is on that at this time along with KotCS.

BTW The German motorcycle comes with sidecar. Add a Henry Jones from the LC wave and there you go.

Reaction score

dfmaverick said:
According to the presentation, Indy is a long-term license.

What is being displayed or talked about takes them through Sept. With the LC wave not debuting until July, I'd say that they are holding off on such items as a product plan to extend the license.

There is only so much in Indy to make that to overload people when the focus is probably to be on the new movie at this time is a little too much. Much of the items are just to get the indy line up and running. Raiders was the first film, so it seems the main focus is on that at this time along with KotCS.

BTW The German motorcycle comes with sidecar. Add a Henry Jones from the LC wave and there you go.

oh i see, so you think the indy line could last all the way through next year? like if the line does well, will they continue to make more figures and vehicles from the films?

also, is the sidecar that comes with the german soldier the same exact vehicle that indy and his dad ride? it looks different. and i dont see a sidecar with the german motorcycle set.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
We're back!!

The official Hasbro Indiana Jones presentation is now posted.....more to come.

and why are there boxes all around the figure on display? do the figures come with boxes and crates?

OMG, LOTS more to come.... I'm not sleeping tonight.

you mean theres MORE indiana jones stuff that is gonna be shown? or do you mean toys in general?

also, why no muscle-y german mechanic?? i thought he was a given.

and do all the figures come with crates?

Reaction score

Hi, I don't think that hasbro is holding anything back for toyfair remember this is basically for retailers to get the ball rolling for ordering product for this year. I think that they may not have had all of the Last crusade and TOD product ready or enough room in suitcases etc. to bring all of the product they have planned for later waves of figures.
Also, I think that they are mainly focusing showcasing the new movie stuff to get the ball rolling on this new indy line. I think these toys are going to do very well and we will all get every figure we ever wanted from the Indy movies. I am just hoping they include jungle gear belloq and cairo Belloq, Dietrich, and Toht and more henchman from raiders in future releases. Maybe next year with a well of the souls playset. Here's hoping

Reaction score

Keaton33 said:
oh i see, so you think the indy line could last all the way through next year? like if the line does well, will they continue to make more figures and vehicles from the films?
I'm just speculating on what the presentation says. On page 2 of the presentation, Hasbro states that "IJ is a long-term franchise." They put the long-term in italics. One would figure that it will continue into next year since there is sure to be a hype about the dvd release of KotCS(in time for Christmas, I'm sure), probably along with a rerelease of the original 3.

Keaton33 said:
also, is the sidecar that comes with the german soldier the same exact vehicle that indy and his dad ride? it looks different. and i dont see a sidecar with the german motorcycle set.
I'm guessing that Hasbro is going to make this mold the all encompassing (Raiders/LC) motorcycle. It's similar but I doubt Hasbro is going to make one perfect. If you look at the Titanium Indy/father motorcycle of the presentation, you'll see that it seems that Hasbro is going with this cycle. Take off the bags from the deluxe ans I'd say it's pretty similar.

http://www.indygear.com/props/images/lcbike.jpg

Reaction score

but it says that the german comes with the sidecar. how come it wsnt displayed though?

Reaction score

Your guess is as good as any unless we're there to ask. Probably just not ready.

Reaction score

Or they could not bring it to toyfair safely. You have to remember most of these items are prototypes and they definetly do not want to damage any of this product in transit to and from this event. I think we will see more new cool stuff in the few months after the intial May release to keep things interesting for the rest of the year. Or maybe some of the upcoming product could be exclusives coming to retailers like Walmart or Target, this is a guess. But if you look at past toy lines in the last few years Walmart, Target and TRU get exclusives for big movie lines. I think that exclusives are a definite possibility for this toy line. Also, what about the fact their is no mention of Marion in an outfit from KOTCS. This is going to be a really expensive year. Save your pennies.

Reaction score

oh yeah! wtf, no marion? thats strange. maybe there is a wave 2 with figures we havent seen yet.

Reaction score

Keaton33 said:
oh yeah! wtf, no marion? thats strange. maybe there is a wave 2 with figures we havent seen yet.
Maybe she will be a deluxe fig? Of the 8 rumoured, only a few were shown.

Reaction score

One note:

The presentation says a launch of 17 figures, yet they only display 8 from Raiders and 8 from KotCS. One is left out.

Reaction score

the "launch" figures meaning the ones that come out first in may, right? how many KOTCS waves are planned?

oh yeah, and theres no ray winstone figure either....

Reaction score

I think I'll get the Raiders Indy. The LC wave interests me the most however. I hope we get the Grail Knight! (I also have a guess as to the mystery mail-away figure but I'll keep that to myself).

Reaction score

The figures look great. It'll be like having all my old toys back. I can't believe I'm going to own a new Raiders cargo truck. God, how I loved the original. The Deluxe figures look particularly nifty!

Edit: The whole "long-term" line got me really excited. I'm really glad Hasbro is seeing this as a long-term effort and nto just a flash-in-the-pan for 2008.

Reaction score

DacaZ said:
The figures look great. It'll be like having all my old toys back. I can't believe I'm going to own a new Raiders cargo truck. God, how I loved the original. The Deluxe figures look particularly nifty!

Edit: The whole "long-term" line got me really excited. I'm really glad Hasbro is seeing this as a long-term effort and nto just a flash-in-the-pan for 2008.

yeah me too, i dont want them to do just a quickie line like with the POTC line.

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I'm sure "long-term" is only as long as they can justify it is terms of sales. Hopefully "long-term" will last at least 2-3 years.

GNT

Reaction score

Indiana Jones head sculpt looks horrible in a few of the pictures, no where close to the mark. I'm excited about seeing this toyline hit retail in the near future. Dont know who I'd buy but they look good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.