Hasbro - Marvel Legends

Reaction score
from wave 1 top wants r terrax, thor, klaw, and constrictor. steve rogers and hope summers are secondary. only reason to get iron man and ghost rider r to complete terrax.

from wave 2 top wants r bucky cap, drax, piledriver, thunderball, and fantomex. madame masque, madame hydra, draken, and arim zola r secondary. will force myself to get another spidey to finish the baf.

anyone know if fantomex is a variant or a running change?

Reaction score
Nothing I really want in those first two waves. Wake me when Archangel, Punisher and Blade are released (they looked awesome in the proto pics). Packaging is kinda weak but I'm an opener so I don't care.

Reaction score
I love the packaging.

Has that 90's Toy Biz vibe...

Reaction score
People are starting to find these at TRU on what seems to be the West Coast or at least out West. $18.99 or so each.

Reaction score
People are starting to find these at TRU on what seems to be the West Coast or at least out West. $18.99 or so each.

...O.O THAT much money for one figure AT RETAIL? REALLY!? Well...there goes my interest.

I was going to buy Constrictor and Klaw, I only go for classic characters or looks primarily, but now I'm even wondering about that.

Reaction score
...O.O THAT much money for one figure AT RETAIL? REALLY!? Well...there goes my interest.

I was going to buy Constrictor and Klaw, I only go for classic characters or looks primarily, but now I'm even wondering about that.

That was my plan, too...Constrictor and Klaw (and any future '60s-'80s era classic characters or looks). Almost $20 each is ok if I'm only getting 2 figures per wave, but I'm only going to stick with stuff I really want. With the previous ML I sometimes bought figures just for the BAF parts. Did I really want a Maestro Hulk or X-23? Not really, just wanted to build the BAF. I'm pretty much given up on the MU figures, so that toy budget will go to the new Legends, I guess. It's crazy to think back at how the original ML were like $11 when they first came out, AND you got a comic reprint with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys, don't pay TRU prices. The shelftag at Meijer says something like $15.99 or $14.99, and I'm sure Walmart or Target will be cheaper too.

Reaction score
stumbled upon the target dcpi by accident, trying to look up sw vintage figures, and they were $14.99. it is either 087-06-2403 or 2413.

Reaction score
stumbled upon the target dcpi by accident, trying to look up sw vintage figures, and they were $14.99. it is either 087-06-2403 or 2413.

They're in the system for $15.44 at Walmart as of two days ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw these at my TRU in DE today...they had the variant wave so I have a nice holo shield cap. These things are NICE...will wait to cacth them cheaper at Target or Walmart for openers.

Reaction score
With a line that has such nice packaging, why did they have to make them taped sealed? Can't we just pacify the MOC collectors with heat-sealed from now on?

Reaction score
I have always been a DC guy since I started reading/collecting comics in the 90’s. I started to get more into Marvel a few years ago when Loeb and McGuinness started on Rulk. Ed McGuinness is my favorite artist so I was pretty pumped from SDCC to start collecting MLs since he was doing the cardbacks. I was able to find a variant case at a TRU on Thursday picked up Stealth IM, Hope, Orange Ghost Rider, Klaw, and Constrictor. Yesterday morning I had to drop off my Dad at the airport so I was only working a half day, I looked in the morning on the Target website link that was posted earlier and saw that every Target in my area (Buffalo/WNY suburbs) had them in stock so I stopped at a Target and gave a worker in electronics the DPCI and told him that there were none on the shelves and he said he would be right out with them. About 10 mins. later he coes out empty handed saying that they have a sign with them in back that they are part of the 2/26 reset and he couldn’t sel them to me. I was pretty bummed but oh well. I still had about a half hour to kill before I started work so I went to the next closest Target and found a guy stocking paper towels near the back, again I told hm the same thing there are none on the shelves could you bring them out? After about 5 mins. he comes out with a sealed case and opens it and asks me which ones I want? I ended up buying the whole case since it was a regular version. It was really awesome as I have never had luck with getting anything pulled for me from the back!

I’m am really digging these figures much more than recent DCUC. Now just a question for the Marvel buffs did Steve Rogers ever use the regular shield he comes with or only the ionic one that the variant comes with? The variant Rogers is the only figure I don’t have right now so I am wondering if I should try and find the variant version or not. Thanks in advance.

Rod

Reaction score
When Steve Rogers was in that outfit he didn't use his original shield. Bucky Cap had it. Steve was unsing an energy shield that originated from a gadget on his forearm that created the energy shield. So if you want one perfectly accurate, the energy shield one is the most "authentic" if you will. Sucks cause me being a Cap freak, I want the accurate one and it's going to be a pain.

I have always been a DC guy since I started reading/collecting comics in the 90’s. I started to get more into Marvel a few years ago when Loeb and McGuinness started on Rulk. Ed McGuinness is my favorite artist so I was pretty pumped from SDCC to start collecting MLs since he was doing the cardbacks. I was able to find a variant case at a TRU on Thursday picked up Stealth IM, Hope, Orange Ghost Rider, Klaw, and Constrictor. Yesterday morning I had to drop off my Dad at the airport so I was only working a half day, I looked in the morning on the Target website link that was posted earlier and saw that every Target in my area (Buffalo/WNY suburbs) had them in stock so I stopped at a Target and gave a worker in electronics the DPCI and told him that there were none on the shelves and he said he would be right out with them. About 10 mins. later he coes out empty handed saying that they have a sign with them in back that they are part of the 2/26 reset and he couldn’t sel them to me. I was pretty bummed but oh well. I still had about a half hour to kill before I started work so I went to the next closest Target and found a guy stocking paper towels near the back, again I told hm the same thing there are none on the shelves could you bring them out? After about 5 mins. he comes out with a sealed case and opens it and asks me which ones I want? I ended up buying the whole case since it was a regular version. It was really awesome as I have never had luck with getting anything pulled for me from the back!

I’m am really digging these figures much more than recent DCUC. Now just a question for the Marvel buffs did Steve Rogers ever use the regular shield he comes with or only the ionic one that the variant comes with? The variant Rogers is the only figure I don’t have right now so I am wondering if I should try and find the variant version or not. Thanks in advance.

By the way, I was also mostly a DC guy (except for Captain America being my #1 favorite character above all) but this recent "New 52!" thing really allowed me to break off and cut ties with DC. I was really turned off by this new move.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funny I was the oppisite once "New 52" and after Fear Itself came out I broke ties with Marvel and went to DC.

Reaction score
When Steve Rogers was in that outfit he didn't use his original shield. Bucky Cap had it. Steve was unsing an energy shield that originated from a gadget on his forearm that created the energy shield. So if you want one perfectly accurate, the energy shield one is the most "authentic" if you will. Sucks cause me being a Cap freak, I want the accurate one and it's going to be a pain.

By the way, I was also mostly a DC guy (except for Captain America being my #1 favorite character above all) but this recent "New 52!" thing really allowed me to break off and cut ties with DC. I was really turned off by this new move.

Thank you for the reply it looks like I'll be on the hunt for the variant Rogers, Hasbro shouldn't have even bothered with a variant for him imo now.

Rod

Reaction score
You're welcome.

I went by my Target today and their computers showed they had some in the stockroom but the employee couldn't find the box in the back. I'll have to start checking every morning and hope that I catch them when they go on the floor. I'm only wanting the variant Rogers.

Reaction score
little disappointed in the lack of news from toyfair. all they showed was finished versions of 3 figures we knew were coming and didnt even show or announce the rest of wave 3. cant wait to finally get usagent tho.

Rod

Reaction score
I hit my Target again today...trying to see if I can get a different employee. No luck. Got a guy to go back and look and he came back saying that they have them but they have a shelf date of 2/26. Grrrrrrrr

Anybody know the case ratio?

Rod

Reaction score
A good friend foud some new Marvel Legends today and lucky for me the only Steve Rogers they had was the variant. I've never been one much into variants and knowing how badly I wanted this one, I figured I'd have the dickens of a time finding him. Thankfully, my buddy got me the one I wanted on the first try. He got the Thor for another friend of his but I got to see it when I picked up Rogers. I liked the Thor alot. Even though I got the Diamond Select Thor, I might get this one when I see it somewhere other than TRU.

My buddy said the case ratio was one of each, except two of the Iron Man. Weird thing was that the Iron Mans (yeah, both of them), Ghost Rider and Steve Rogers, were all the variant versions.

Rod

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed with the Steve Rogers figure. His he'd is a bit oversized and something about him looks off. His ankles barely bend so the only position he can stand in is completely straight. Looks ok, but seeing how much I love the Commander Steve Rogers design, I was hoping to be able to put hi in a neat action pose. Oh well. You can't win them all....but I am extremely grateful to have the variant shield though.

Reaction score
How does he look next to the old Vintage figures? I know the size should be similar, but does he "fit" with the styling? I'm on the fence about grabbing Rodgers to put in with my Avengers collection. Definitely not happy about the $18 price tag...

Rod

Reaction score
Somebody at MarvelousNews.com has posted pictures of some of wave 2. He said he got them at a Walmart. Weird since wave 1 is just starting to hit. Some folks get figures early from overseas so until I hear more reports of Walmarts getting wave 2, I am a bit skeptical.

Reaction score
There have actually been quite a few ML2 Walmarts sightings. Mostly in California. I haven't seen either at Walmart, only wave 1 at TRU and Target. Got my shipment from HTS today though.

CameraZOOM-20120221134117394.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120221151613904.jpg