Hasbro Marvel Legends Retro 3.75" Figures

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this sub line. Anyone else collecting or interested in it? It seems like people either love it or hate. I'm in the former category, it hits just right for me. Picked up the pulse figures in December, and just landed the first Target wave (magneto, etc) today. Love the designs, the card art, the Secret Wars era feel to it.

Reaction score
I actually really love these too. Like said, they remind me SO much of what were MY first Marvel toys: the Secret Wars line and also the Marvel Superheroes Toybiz line - sort of their answer to DC Superpowers.

So as of right now, we've got :

- Black Panther
- Captain America
- Cyclops
- Daredevil (my personal favorite thus far)
- Elektra
- Electro
- Hulk
- Human Torch
- Iceman
- Iron Man
- Magneto
- Mrs. Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Spider-Man

I believe that's all we know of thus far. I also LOVE the cards too. Did you notice too the back sort of "file cards" are basically a tribute to the old Marvel cards?

Now I'd assume if these do well, there are just some easy shoe-in's. I'm going to assume they'll stick to mostly key characters and villains and that's it (this isn't going to get super obscure roles IMO) BUT they might also do everyone the original Secret Wars line did. If they do, that would mean:

- Doc Ock
- Constrictor
- Hobgoblin
- Wolverine
- Dr. Doom
- Kang
- Falcon
- Spider-Man (Symbiote)
- Baron Zemo

For YEARS I've been wanting to go back and get some of these guys on card. I LOVED these toys as a kid, but honestly some I didn't even know existed. I had all of wave one a FEW others from other waves, but I didn't even know they made roles like Thor, Iron Man, and the FF until I became an adult. But these and a few of the original Secret Wars (I had Dr. Doom) were my first ever Marvel toys...

Now what's SO FUN for me about these is I've been so obsessed with Marvel (and DC) pretty much all my life...but I was SO YOUNG that honestly, these figures were pretty much my FIRST INTRO to these characters. I didn't even know who a lot were, but my dad and grandparents bought them for me because my dad was a big Marvel fan himself. So I was playing with characters like Daredevil before I even really knew who he was and it just made my imagination go nuts. Then of course after these lines came lines like X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, Spider-Man the Animated Series, etc. I must have had hundreds of these Toybiz and Kenner superhero toys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did notice the filecards, which is a fantastic touch. I'm so sick of full 'multi-lingual leagalese' owning the back of the cards these days.

I don't know if they're going for necessarily redoing the Secret Wars lineup specifically so much as the Marvel 'modern age' Universe. I'd take either. I just love the style of the sculpts (albeit Hulk's head takes a little staring at to get used to), the bright colors, the wide assortment for 'launch'.
And really their toes are just in the water.
They've still got:
The rest of the X-men and villains
Avengers and villains (individual's enemies, and the teams enemies)
Fantastic Four and villains
Spiderman's rogue gallery
Dr Strange

Reaction score
And, at $10 a pop for such vibrant looking pieces, it's going to be a struggle for me to not buy them all. The 1/12 world pushing into $20-30 a figure with premium "collectible figures" closer to three digits; can be a little exhausting.

Reaction score
I found these at Target the other day in Portland, OR. I didn’t even know they were making them but once I saw them, I thought they were really cool. Picked up Captain America, Hulk x2, Spider Man x2 and Iron Man. They had others but left them behind. Shocked to have found something in the wild for a change. Star Wars is non existent as far a 3.75” goes.

Reaction score
I did notice the filecards, which is a fantastic touch. I'm so sick of full 'multi-lingual leagalese' owning the back of the cards these days.

I don't know if they're going for necessarily redoing the Secret Wars lineup specifically so much as the Marvel 'modern age' Universe. I'd take either. I just love the style of the sculpts (albeit Hulk's head takes a little staring at to get used to), the bright colors, the wide assortment for 'launch'.
And really their toes are just in the water.
They've still got:
The rest of the X-men and villains
Avengers and villains (individual's enemies, and the teams enemies)
Fantastic Four and villains
Spiderman's rogue gallery
Dr Strange
I'm not sure we'll get ALL the X-Men and Avengers as there's so many, but I do think we'll likely get the key ones.

X-Men: Wolverine is a total no duh. They might even do both yellow and blue costume and the brown costume. I'm thinking a Jean but since they did 70's Cyclops, I'm thinking Jean will be Phoenix look. Giant-Size Colossus and Nightcrawler. Now what Storm? I'm not sure if they'd go with Giant-Sized as well or the Jim Lee look as they're both pretty iconic for her. Hairy blue Beast is likely. Now Rogue and Gambit....90's looks? Would they do a character in a trenchcoat in this line? I can def. see Psylocke coming too though. MAYBE even a Dazzler. Would they do Angel/Archangel due to the wings? For villains I could def. see Sabertooth and Mystique coming.

Avengers: Thor is another no duh. Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Antman, Falcon, and Black Widow I'd say are likely too if the line does well. If they do Wasp, what look would they do with? Maybe a War Machine? For Villains I could see Kang and Ultron for sure. Probably a Red Skull eventually. Zemo? Thanos? Loki?

FF: Well they're doing Torch so that to me seems like Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, and Thing will come eventually. Dr. Doom is a given. What about Silver Surfer? He'd be so easy to make.

Spider-Man: I think Doc Ock is a given. Same with Green Goblin and maybe Hobgoblin as he was in the original Secret Wars line. Symbiote Spidey, Venom, and Carnage I could see likely. I'd love a complete Sinister Six, but not sure they'll go that deep. If they do Falcon, I could see him being repurposed for a Vulture.

Other: I can TOTALLY see Punisher happening. Same with Dr. Strange. Luke Cage and Iron Fist would be great but not sure on likelihood. Would they do a Ghost Rider? Moon Knight? Namor?

Utinniii

Reaction score
IF I see this line, I may be tempted to get a few for fodder. I don't mind the lack of articulation.
However, I have all of them from the Marvel Universe line, so unless they are different, I don't really need them. I've very happy though to see Marvel back in this scale.

Reaction score
Iceman/Elektra/Daredevil are the only ones I need to get caught up.
I expect we're going to see a good push of characters from this line. If you look at the way they've engineered the bodies, the ability to reuse 50%-90% of a given sculpt for a completely different character is going to make this a cash cow. I would think... I could be wrong... it's happened before. Back in 2002 I said "MP3's are never going to catch on."

Reaction score
Found these at target tonight. Only *new* ones they had were Ms Marvel and Magneto. Sounds like Hulk is out as well, but who else? While the figures appear to be the same as the ones first released on Pulse, I figured out tonight the packaging is all different. At $10 I will be getting all of these. Are these exclusive to target? Odd i can’t find them on target.com.

Iceman is awesome. These remind me so much of the Secret Wars I had (still have) as a kid. That comic run was epic back then. I didn’t realize they had a second wave as a kid.

Reaction score
Found Electra and looks like Hulk and Human Torch are out as well. Haven’t seen those but they are all over eBay.

Reaction score
Looked online & saw the 6” retro figures & thought to myself finally a JJ Jamison

I would love a JJ in 3.75” just for more civilians

Reaction score
Down to needing just Hulk and Human Torch. Anyone interested in trading one of those for Electra?

Reaction score
Are these going to just be sold at Target or will they be available eventually via the old FAN CHANNEL? Is there a press release or anything, or info from those fan zoom calls?
I heard they were going to be released to other stores after Target releases them in the first month. Should see them in other stores in April per a video I saw with the Marvel guys from Hasbro the other day.

Reaction score
I wasn't too impressed when I first saw these as kenner never had the Marvel line but I guess with the way the licences are at the moment we're unlikely to get retro DC Super Powers or Marvel's Secret Wars anytime soon.

Star Action Figures here in the UK had the 3 Pulse 2-packs for half price this week so ordered a set. Have spent the weekend eyeing up everything that is in the pipeline!

Reaction score
I just watched an old Pixel Dan interview with the design team for this line, along with Steve Evans, which was conducted prior to the original Pulse launch last year, towards the end, Dan asks it Playsets and Vehicles are a possibility given the scale and Steve states they want to hear what the fans want. So with this in mind, what would you want to see coming from this line?
My wishlist:
Playsets
Avengers Mansion
Baxter Building
X-Mansion
Stark Industries w/Hall Of Armour
Vehicles
Quinjet
Fantasticar
X-Jet
Helicarrier

Reaction score
Found some listings - nothing in stock currently but maybe keep an eye on them?

Reaction score
Damn that looks awesome!

Does anyone know if there's a wider release date for wave 2? Daredevil, Elektra, Ice Man wave

Reaction score
Picked up Spiderman and Ms.Marvel yesterday from Target. Love these figures.. still hunting for Torch, Magneto, Cyclops and the rest of Wave 2

Utinniii

Reaction score
I saw Ms. Marvel at TRU today. At $18 these are an easy pass for me. That is expensive fodder.

Reaction score
You still have a TRU in your area Utinniii?!

I thought all their stores had gone the way of the Star Wars Retro figures line (extinct).

Utinniii

Reaction score
You still have a TRU in your area Utinniii?!

I thought all their stores had gone the way of the Star Wars Retro figures line (extinct).
I have 2, with 2 more on the other side of the city. I always stay to listen to the jingle, but rarely find anything I haven't already found elsewhere.

Reaction score
Looking forward to wave 3... that is, after I find the iceman wave.

See what they've done here? Grey Hulk has a better face sculpt than Green Hulk. We've all already bought Green Hulk obviously. I wouldn't normally buy a Grey Hulk... but the face sculpt is so much better, so I'll buy the Grey Hulk. That is until, of course, they re-release the Green Hulk with the head from the Grey Hulk. Thus they get to easily triple dip on the body sculpt.

I see your game, hasbro. 🧐