Hasbro - Ghostbusters 2020

Reaction score
When I stop to think about it we couldn't get a Hasbro pack for anything less than a Haslab project, and I don't think they've got that level of confidence in the line... but for me, the wand makes every sound i'd want a pack to make so I'll be happy with a static pack with just the lights and let the thrower do all the heavy lifting. I've got a home made pack which should sort me out when it's had a bit of an overhaul.

Reaction score
Anyone biting on the "Louis Tully's Bad Night" set with the Terror Dog? I think $50 is atrocious for what you get. Seems pretty lame of Hasbro to charge that much. You know they'll just release Louis in a normal package for $20. I think I'll pass unless they drop the price down the road. I'd have paid $30 for it.

Reaction score
No ghostbusters reveals apart from the Tully set as far as I can see. I suppose it's to be expected, Hasbro are probably having to sit on the Afterlife figures and not able to release or show them while the movie is still in limbo. I'm not sure if we should expect any more classic characters or not...

Reaction score
Wait, you didnt see the Plasma series Ecto-1 they revealed?

It's an Afterlife version though. I'll wait for the inevitable slight retool into the original.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping to hear about some cool new stuff. What else was really revealed across the other non-Star Wars lines?

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping to hear about some cool new stuff. What else was really revealed across the other non-Star Wars lines?
Quickly off memory, the things that stick out are:
Marvel legends - 1 full marvel legends wave, 2/3 figures from about 4 other waves.

Transformers - I don't really follow so im not sure what we're new reveals besides Beast Wars.

GI Joe - Zartan and Cobra trooper, and Firely and Viper Trooper as target exclusives (eBay exclusives). And wave 2 of Wal-Mart's retro line.

Power rangers - more rangers. Packaging variant target exclusives and monsters are coming (priced at $30).

Reaction score
Yeah at first I was interested in it for the Terror Dog until i saw $50 price tag, just not that excited for it..
Yeah, for just Tully and the dog, it's ridiculous. How much can we bet that set will end up at Ollie's or something? It's probably not even close to sold out.

I did check out ToyArk's coverage of the HasCon because I was too busy to watch the streams, but they showed some cool sculpting pictures of how a Hasbro sculptor actually copied the original Ghostbusters and their individual ghosts. I'm not sure why the Kenner molds weren't used - I'd hate to think anything is thrown out like that once toy lines end. You'd hope they'd go in a vaulted archive or something. My guess is they were toast or thrown out so I'm very impressed, even for simple figures, they really did a great job recreating them for the retro line.

Also in the slides was the Afterlife Ecto-1 (mentioned above) which looks great, but I don't see any electronics in there, which is a total copout on Hasbro's behalf. I don't want the "old" version either - I want the clean 84' version, so I'll hold out for that. I'm sure it's inevitable that it gets released. Kind of funny though - Mattel made people jump through freaking hoops just to get an Echo-1 mocked up and ready to present, only for the line to fail and be taken away from them. Meanwhile, Hasbro produces 6 figures, (8 if you count Tully and Terror Dog) and they already have one - like how much of a no-brainer was that, Mattel? This is why they can't have nice things lol

Perhaps the coolest reveal - The Kenner OG Ghost Popper! It's in the Kenner blue this time instead of black (we can't have those soccer moms complaining about guns, now can we?) but at least it fits with the many Kenner role play items that were that same blue plastic. The packaging looks great too, complete with the cardboard Stay Puft and Slimer cutouts like the original, built right into the box. I'm hoping it's like $20, I'd had to see Hasbro gouge us in another line. Star Wars is bad enough - really curious how much the Ecto is though so we have an idea about a future one (that had better have lights and sounds!)

Reaction score
Totally missed the Ecto. I may consider one for a repaint. While the 84 version SHOULD be a no brainer, no doubt when it eventually appears it'll probably be an exclusive somewhere and near impossible to get hold of.

Reaction score
Just done a little digging and I see that the Ecto isn't to scale with the figures, despite it being Plasma series. That's a sigh of relief for the moment as I've just blown £117 on the Heroes of Endor set.... and my wallet needs to recover from the thorough 'seeing to' it's just had....

Reaction score
Just done a little digging and I see that the Ecto isn't to scale with the figures, despite it being Plasma series. That's a sigh of relief for the moment as I've just blown £117 on the Heroes of Endor set.... and my wallet needs to recover from the thorough 'seeing to' it's just had....
Whoah, I didn't even realize it isn't to scale! What the hell are they even doing with this line?!?

Reaction score
How STUPID can Hasbro be? Making brand new Plasma figures, making an Ecto-1 IN the Plasma Series. Hasbro - "oh, uh, it's not for the figures". Just when I thought they couldn't get any dumber.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ha! Stupid Hasbro. Neca did the same thing with the BTTF line. They made a Delorean not to scale with their new line of figures. Just give collectors what they want! I had hopes that one year, maybe 2014ish, when Mattel made a scale original series Batmobile that held their figures. I thought, cool now do that for the Ghostbusters. Nope - they had a "fan vote" (or whatever that was) instead - that failed. Maybe Haslab is planning a super overpriced in-scale Ecto-1 for next year. These things dont need to be that expensive, Mattel proved that with their Batmobile. Make a $100 Ecto-1 that rolls and has a roof that lifts off for easy figure loading. Add a light and sound button if budget allows. Basically just mimic the Playmobil one but make it bigger.

Reaction score
Ha! Stupid Hasbro. Neca did the same thing with the BTTF line. They made a Delorean not to scale with their new line of figures. Just give collectors what they want! I had hopes that one year, maybe 2014ish, when Mattel made a scale original series Batmobile that held their figures. I thought, cool now do that for the Ghostbusters. Nope - they had a "fan vote" (or whatever that was) instead - that failed. Maybe Haslab is planning a super overpriced in-scale Ecto-1 for next year. These things dont need to be that expensive, Mattel proved that with their Batmobile. Make a $100 Ecto-1 that rolls and has a roof that lifts off for easy figure loading. Add a light and sound button if budget allows. Basically just mimic the Playmobil one but make it bigger.
It's GOTTA have sounds - I hate that Hasbro is so damn cheap with the electronics. It's fine on kids toys like a $10 Buzz Lightyear, but NOOOOOOO, not for collectors shelling out hundreds of dollars. Just ridiculous - show some freaking creativity.

Reaction score
I got the Lewis set opened last night. considering I passed on all the GB figures, I only had a terror dog head, so it wasn't a terrible deal for me. They'll mesh well with my Matty GB figures.