Hasbro - Ghostbusters 2020

Reaction score
Do you live in another country? I know back then the Matty Wand was around the same exact price, maybe a little more than this Spengler one, but if so - that's a bummer you couldn't get it distributed to your area at a fair price. The PKE was like $45 here in the US and I passed it up - still kicking myself. But I REALLY hope Hasbro comes through in the Ghostbusters realm and starts doing a lot more props, especially the Ghost Trap which I also passed up. Those things go for ludicrous prices on eBay now.
Yeah, I'm in the uk, so the shipping plus the import duty was crippling. Almost doubles the price.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the uk, so the shipping plus the import duty was crippling. Almost doubles the price.
In that case, I really hope Hasbro continues to do the props. They would be so stupid not to - it's like printing money. Tons of people want Ghostbusters prop replicas. I don't think the Matty Collector stuff ever satisfied the demand.

Reaction score
Of course the real grail would be a pack. But sizewise I don't think it's possible. Matty never tried, and the Spirit is about 20% undersized.

Reaction score
Of course the real grail would be a pack. But sizewise I don't think it's possible. Matty never tried, and the Spirit is about 20% undersized.
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I could see one being hollow plastic and having the electronics in there for around $200-$300. For now, I ended up with a Spirit one myself, gutted the electronics and put in a kit with a battery pack that can charge. It turns on and a functions with my Matty Wand. Works pretty darn well.....even have an Alice pack for it! Def. undersized, but not comically so, thankfully.

Reaction score
From what I've seen, it's passable, but it's the wand that lets it down by being way too small. Connecting it to your Matty is a stroke of genius!

Reaction score
From what I've seen, it's passable, but it's the wand that lets it down by being way too small. Connecting it to your Matty is a stroke of genius!
Haha, there is a guy on the GBFans forums that makes all the circuit boards and collects all the wiring needed and gives easy instructions on how to install. It's really amazing what he did - he also 3-D printed red plastic cups to make the red cyclers look more red even when they are off. Super cool ideas and it wasn't too expensive. Being able to power on the Matty Wand and then hear it through the speaker in the backpack is so awesome. I think I used an old intercom speaker for mine. It's definitely loud! The funny thing is, I have to be "switched on" haha - just like the movie. I can't reach it myself.

Reaction score
I havent seen any of the 6" or retro figures while out and about, but I did stumble across the ghost trap prop. It's amazing for $20! It basically does everything you want a play trap to do, and with some work you could make it more screen accurate. I bet cosplayers are gonna be all over those as things they can easily customize and throw around on show floors at cons.

Reaction score
Odd thing happening over here in the UK with the Plasma series. Still no sign of the four guys, but online retailers are shipping out Dana and Gozer this week. (Two I didn't bother with). It's really wierd that the wave is being split like this. I was hoping to have the 'busters in time for my upcoming birthday, but there's only one more shipment between now and then, and it seems unlikely that they're going to follow so quickly on from the other two...

Reaction score
I managed to find all 6 of the retro figures at my local Walmarts. Which is extremely surprising because I've never caught a glimpse of the Star Wars retro figures.

Reaction score
Odd thing happening over here in the UK with the Plasma series. Still no sign of the four guys, but online retailers are shipping out Dana and Gozer this week. (Two I didn't bother with). It's really wierd that the wave is being split like this. I was hoping to have the 'busters in time for my upcoming birthday, but there's only one more shipment between now and then, and it seems unlikely that they're going to follow so quickly on from the other two...
That's very odd considering they only ship one per box with the rest of the guys. They had to have come with the rest of the Ghostbusters.

Reaction score
I'm thinking the guys were probably what most people want and the two you found were what was left of a case because someone preordered the guys.

Reaction score
Anyone looking for the 6 inch figures, megalopolis is selling them for $15.99 and they have the entire wave up as part of the sale they have going on.

Reaction score
I'm thinking the guys were probably what most people want and the two you found were what was left of a case because someone preordered the guys.
I've had the guys on preorder for a while, and have been keeping up with the retailers facebook feed. He definitely only received those two on their own. Although I've heard that Hasbro UK is a law unto themselves, so who knows what's happening with distribution.

Reaction score
I've spotted the Plasma Series a couple times. Having a hard time pulling the trigger. Venkman's an improvement and Egon's a wash (slight edge to hasbro over Mattel) IMO on the face sculpts. Winston I think the Mattel version is vastly superior and Ray looks kind of more like possessed Ray from 2 to me. So... so if I buy just Venkman and Spengler... how is that any way to live? lol ;)

Reaction score
I felt like Egon was one of the better ones! The way they did his glasses is so much better than if they make a separate piece/solid lenses. Venkman is the weak one to me. It almost looks like a cartoon of Bill Murray. But I still really like these figures!

If one were to give their jumpsuits a coat of wash, what color do you guys think it's be best to use?

Reaction score
i just saw 3 full sets of these at a Target in my area, so either not selling much yet or people just don't realize they are there. I actually moved some of the stupid Minions toys that preposterously overflowing on the shelves and made the GB figs stand out more. Because they are tan boxes, they really wash out on the pegs. I wish they would have went with a bright purple like the old Kenner days and added some neon artwork or SOMETHING with more pizazz. These do NOT stand out on shelves - which is unfortunate.

Reaction score
I feel an all black box in whatever way they could have made a callback to the movie poster, or somehow making the logo as big as possible.. maybe across the top or something?

Reaction score
I feel an all black box in whatever way they could have made a callback to the movie poster, or somehow making the logo as big as possible.. maybe across the top or something?
Yeah if you're going more 84' Ghostbusters then black with the red logo stark against it is always a solid bet, but I'd love to see more of the glow and neon elements like from the Ray Parker Jr. music video. I feel that neon helps to transfer the spooky or ghostly 80s vibe that we all loved so much. Takes you back to that era too, which the movie really exudes.

Reaction score
I feel like they're gonna save the neons for the inevitable RGB figures. Plus that's too good of an idea to not have been considered at some point.

Reaction score
I felt like Egon was one of the better ones! The way they did his glasses is so much better than if they make a separate piece/solid lenses. Venkman is the weak one to me. It almost looks like a cartoon of Bill Murray. But I still really like these figures!

If one were to give their jumpsuits a coat of wash, what color do you guys think it's be best to use?
I gave my guys a light wash with black the other night. It's a bit more subtle than I think I anticipated it'd look, but it definitely cut down on the plastic sheen the jumpsuits have. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it.unnamed.jpg

Reaction score
I found 4 of the figures at Target back in May, only Ray and Gozer were missing. I almost passed by without noticing them. Last night, the same thing happened at Walmart: I almost walked right by them. They had all but Egon, so I was finally able to finish the set.

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Hasbro UK's handling of the Plasma series. They've been dribbling out in ones and twos. I mentioned a few posts above that they only shipped Dana and Gozer to etailers, well, the following week they only shipped Egon, this week they're only receiving Winston. As someone who has the four guys on preorder, it's not going to be filled until they're all in stock, and at this rate it's going to be another three weeks! The longer it takes, it's probably going to hit with the AOTC black series wave, and possibly the Luke/Yoda two pack. If they all hit at once it's going to wipe me out!

Reaction score
Picked up the Plasma series Egon and Peter. I know, it seems perverse to only buy half the team. But I have trouble with how much (IMO) the Mattel face on Winston is superior; and something about Ray just looks off to me. I might pick up Gozer at some point, Dana's head seems a little small.
#nitpickyDarthPete

Reaction score
My Ghostbusters are finally shipping this week! It's felt like a lifetime! My initial idea was to get the three founders, and then grab Winston in a deal. But they came out so slowly over here that I was able to watch the first arrivals sell out, so I ended up buying him straight away, so I've had him for a couple of weeks, waiting on the others.. who are now finally coming...

Reaction score
I think I'm destined to never get these. Apparently there was a 'stock issue' and my order shouldn't have been completed. They MAY be coming into stock this Friday, but somehow I doubt it.

Reaction score
I think I'm destined to never get these. Apparently there was a 'stock issue' and my order shouldn't have been completed. They MAY be coming into stock this Friday, but somehow I doubt it.
If you mean the Plasma series they are all over this place in my area. I am assuming you are looking for Ray, Egon and Peter. I might be able to help.

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer... they're widely available here too, I'm just in the hole to one particular etailer, if I get no joy over the next couple of weeks I can cancel and go with someone else when I get a refund.

Reaction score
The stock is in apparently, and my order packed.... time to wait and see.....
It's been quite the saga....

Reaction score
Why were you unable to cancel/get a refund for the order you placed?
As I said, it's a whole saga.... The Plasma series has dripped into the UK one to two figures at a time.. it took about two months for the whole wave to become available over here. By the time everything was available, the etailer I'd preordered with had already sold out of the earlier figures, so couldn't complete my order when the later figures turned up. Due to a mix up they had already charged me for my order, so I had to wait for extra stock to come in, which, it apparently now has.... so now I wait...... I'll let everyone know the outcome....

Reaction score
As I said, it's a whole saga.... The Plasma series has dripped into the UK one to two figures at a time.. it took about two months for the whole wave to become available over here. By the time everything was available, the etailer I'd preordered with had already sold out of the earlier figures, so couldn't complete my order when the later figures turned up. Due to a mix up they had already charged me for my order, so I had to wait for extra stock to come in, which, it apparently now has.... so now I wait...... I'll let everyone know the outcome....
Yikes. I hope that's not a common practice (charging before they have it in-stock and ready to ship). I don't blame you though - I don't think anyone assumed THIS would be the line Hasbro more or less came through on distribution for. Pretty much the only full pegs in any store is this line.

Reaction score
Just gotten the Neutrona wand. Had my eye on it as a Christmas present but UK stock landed early, and according to my etailer the UK is only getting one allocation so it was bite now or lose out.

It is utterly amazing on every level. Crisp, very loud sound, metal switches, awesome lights. And one big surprise ....

An alternate battery cover for the end of grip WITH A HOSE CONNECTOR!!!!
Are Hasbro planning for the future?

Reaction score
Just gotten the Neutrona wand. Had my eye on it as a Christmas present but UK stock landed early, and according to my etailer the UK is only getting one allocation so it was bite now or lose out.

It is utterly amazing on every level. Crisp, very loud sound, metal switches, awesome lights. And one big surprise ....

An alternate battery cover for the end of grip WITH A HOSE CONNECTOR!!!!
Are Hasbro planning for the future?
I just watched a video with a Hasbro rep - he simply said it was help out the cosplayers out there who wanted to connect to their custom packs and that they analyzed the standard sizes of the type of tubing most used for their pack hoses. That says nothing to retro compatibility with a pack and working the wand electronics through it.

That's one thing Matty got right - they had 1/8th inch plug input at the plug end of their wand. It works for making sounds through a pack. I hope Hasbro considers this for future wands. I'd rather have the original GB ones personally, which Matty already took care of for me. Though I think the new Hasbro one is cool in its own right - so awesome they used metal wherever possible and also it has all 4 modes of blasting straight from the GB video game (an amazing game!)