Hasbro - Ghostbusters 2020

Reaction score
In the original there's really only perhaps one scene that really scared me, that being Dana in the recliner and the hands popping out and dragging her to the fridge.
This is Library Ghost erasure. (That scene scared the crap out of me as a kid, and I had to prep myself for it each time I watched the movie.)

I'm with the people in here on GB2: it's a clearly weaker movie, but I still have such a soft spot for it. It's not a ghost-related scene, but my favorite bit is The World Of The Psychic. That and some of Egon's throwaway lines in the movie are the times when the humor reaches the level of the first movie.

Reaction score
Hi all...
I'm based in the UK, and will have access to most of the GB stuff coming out through online retailers over here. But I have no way to source the Walmart replica trap. (I managed to track down a Matty PKE when they first came out). I just wondered if anyone would be able to do me a solid and send one over. Either for payment or trading for items of a similar value available over here...

Thanks hopefully......

Reaction score
I think the RGB versions of the guys in cartoon form will definitely be making an appearance in the Plasma line, which I think would be fantastic. I'd love to see the cartoon specific proton packs and streams as well as the PKE. I honestly think those could sell better than the movie guys.
You bring an interesting point. How aboutsome of the ghosts from the Cartoon. The Boogyman, Sam Hain, the Sandman?

Reaction score
While I'm loving these figures I really don't see how far this line can go. I mean, we only have two movies, 3 if you count Afterlife. Maybe a little more if they get into RGB. That is, I dont think figures of the girl Ghostbusters are even on the table...

Think about Hasbro's 6" lines... Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers and GI Joe all have a lot more primary canon to make toys of. I mean, we're seriously already talking about if they're going to make Peck and the Mayor!
I have the 4 GBs preordered and I would most likely do the same for RGB figures, but I also don't think this line has long legs and I base that on the Power Rangers line. For as many figures that they have out, they're all rangers and it doesn't seem like they're going to hit any of the monsters. I'm a little afraid this Ghostbuster line is gonna be the same. Especially at 6 figures a wave and throwing a BaF in. They could have split wave 1 across 2 waves a four figures a piece by making the dog it's own release and giving us a Slimer.

I also appreciate all the love here for GB2! I don't know if i like it better, but inknow I've watched it more times.

Reaction score
I full-on wanted to swim in the river of slime as a kid...

Anyway, I definitely get the concerns about the longevity of the line and I hope they have some tricks up their sleeves to make it work.

Reaction score
You bring an interesting point. How aboutsome of the ghosts from the Cartoon. The Boogyman, Sam Hain, the Sandman?
Yes - exactly. This would certainly give the line some more legs! I think I had mentioned all 3 of those earlier in the thread, not to mention we could get a cartoon Stay Puft, cartoon Slimer (a must) and in many expressions. I also think it would be amazing if we got the cartoon version of Ecto-1. My dream is for them to make the Ecto-3.

Ecto3-4.jpg

Not sure if you guys remember this, but I do fondly. In a waterfront scene of an episode, Ray takes this contraption out of a hidden compartment in Ecto-1 by the rear fender and unfolds it to reveal Ecto-3. It's this little scooter unicycle thing with a side car. Slimer gets in the sidecar and they both wear helmets (good job, kid's show!). I'm ALL about getting this one day. I also think a great set would be the 3 Junior Ghostbusters and their pumpkin-launching Go-Kart. I could see the JGBs in a 3 pack and their Kart in an exclusive pack with Sam Hain's 2 goblins that they pursue.

Ecto-Junior.png

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a good reference pic of the belt gizmo from the movies? I want to paint the Plasma figure's belts but I can't seem to find a good pic from the films, only people's home made props. I can't even figure out if the circuit board is supposed to be green or brown!

Reaction score
Hey man I am looking for Egon. If you can grab me one I can trade you a Slimer. He’s quite easy to find in my area.
I forgot to check in with you, but I did remember to hit walmart after the auction, they're sold out at the moment. :-/

Reaction score
I was thinking about the discussion regarding this line's longevity and have also been rereading the IDW comics, and I think there's a lot there Hasbro could mine for cool figures and designs if they're able. As much as he annoys me, I wouldn't say no to a Ron "Chevy Chase" Alexander figure with photoreal.

Reaction score
Got Slimer & Stay-Puft from TRG line. Great toys! Never had these as a kid, so glad I was finally able to get them for a reasonable price.

Didn't see any sign of the human TRG characters, but may not get those even when/if I do see them.

Reaction score
Are those retro gonna be at Target at some point? I'd grab a Stay Puft if I saw him but I rarely ever go to WM.

Reaction score
Good question. I got Slimer & Stay-Puft @ WM; haven't been to a Target in months.

Reaction score
Are those retro gonna be at Target at some point? I'd grab a Stay Puft if I saw him but I rarely ever go to WM.
Unfortunately, they are ONLY Wal-Mart exclusives, but you know some online etailers will undoubtedly buy some from Wal-Mart to resell at like $25 instead of $15. But they were made to be sold in Wal-Mart's only.

Reaction score
Went on a retro hunt today in AL. Found a case of Stay Puft and Slimer but none of the guys. The ghosts look to be in a case of four on their own. The guys are in a separate case but I don't know if it's 4 Pcs or 8.

Reaction score
I stumbled across a lone RGB Egon a few weeks ago at Walmart that I think somebody tried to hide. His card was just peeking over the ledge of the upper shelf. He was my absolute favorite as a kid, so I got him without really intending on getting the rest of the RGB team and keeping him carded. But if I saw a shipper like that, I'd have a hard time turning down such an immense hit of nostalgia.

Reaction score
I have not seen the guys at any of our Walmart. So is that? No more? My area got past over? I was looking on Brickseek and got the no results in your area message. If anyone find Egon grab me one for me. I am thinking my area got screwed over.

Reaction score
I have not seen the guys at any of our Walmart. So is that? No more? My area got past over? I was looking on Brickseek and got the no results in your area message. If anyone find Egon grab me one for me. I am thinking my area got screwed over.
I hope everyone can find these guys - outside of Star Wars and even before Star Wars, Ghostsbusters to me was my childhood love. I was obsessed with the show and wanted to watch every episode. I love the soundtracks, the voice acting, the plots, and way the show could go from feel-good confidence to spooking you out as a kid. The slightly creepy nature of the show was so alluring. I can still barely remember getting my Peter Venkman at an Ames in my town. I was so pumped to have him and I got all 4 of the mains plus the Fright Features ones too. I had the original Slimer Green Ghost with his food pieces and the Stay Puft. I got a few more random ghosts after that and finally got an Ecto-1A, the Go-Kart and Janine's Beetle, Highway Haunter. While I loved the figures, what really appealed to me more was feeling like "I" was the Ghostbuster. The role play stuff Kenner came up with was simply out of this world for a kid. I didn't have even a 1/4 of it, but I played with many of the cool blasters at friend's houses and I had both the projector gun and the full Proton Pack, which I treasured - it was the gem of my 5th birthday - and I had the ghost trap as well.

These figures simply take me right back to that time, staring through pages of my Nana's Wishbook to see the other great ghosts available with the slime and the imagination all those awesome toys encouraged me to have. I'm sure many others feel this way seeing these Retro figures, so I really hope they keep em' coming to Wal-Mart. I'm still looking for Mr. Stay Puft myself...

Reaction score
No one has really answered my question are these still shipping or am I going to have throw myself to the eBay wolves? Brickseek is no help in finding these either. Comes up “no results found you your area”.

Reaction score
No one has really answered my question are these still shipping or am I going to have throw myself to the eBay wolves? Brickseek is no help in finding these either. Comes up “no results found you your area”.
just received my set from Bigbadtoystore.com yesterday of the Plasma series Ghostbusters. haven't had word from Walmart as to when the retro RGB stuff will ship though.

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Plasma series figs?
haven't had a chance to open them yet. want to dig up my Mattel ones and sorta compare the both together. I'm not impressed with the package design for the figures. It's very bland. the box is made to look like the flight suit worn by the Ghostbusters but it's a very boring looking box (a basic tan with red name tag and some details like stitching and zippers) I preferred the look of the Mattel line as the card art popped and make the packaging stand out.

I'm hoping to open these figures over the weekend so hopefully I'll have some more thoughts to post.

Reaction score
haven't had a chance to open them yet. want to dig up my Mattel ones and sorta compare the both together. I'm not impressed with the package design for the figures. It's very bland. the box is made to look like the flight suit worn by the Ghostbusters but it's a very boring looking box (a basic tan with red name tag and some details like stitching and zippers) I preferred the look of the Mattel line as the card art popped and make the packaging stand out.

I'm hoping to open these figures over the weekend so hopefully I'll have some more thoughts to post.
I like the Mondo style silhouettes of each guy on the side and though the flight suit idea was kinda cool, but you're right - it becomes bland because they are already in flight suits so the tan washes everything out. I'd personally like to see more neon type accents, like a proton stream or the no-ghost logo popping like a laser against a dark purple background to give a nod to the OG Kenner line.

Reaction score
Talking about packaging, I really, really hope that if (and seeing how popular the repos are, maybe a matter of when) they do 6 inch Plasma RGB figures, they put them on full size copies of the original cards like the ANH/Empire/TPM anniversary Kenner cards, and the Marvel Legends ones of various Toybiz varieties, maybe even Extreme Ghostbusters too as they've been a personal dream like RGB was for years. And along with Samhain and co, imagine 6 inch People Busters..

Question is, will they "realify" (no pun intended!) the cartoon designs like they've done with Clone Wars/Rebels or keep them animated in style, or somewhere between the two ala DST? To me its no contest, they have to be true animated style (..with reused jumpsuits), but I see Hasbro lumping for the former somehow... I'll still buy them though!

Love reading through the replies, very much the same feeling for me, massive Ghostbusters fan as a kid, I was born after the original cartoon was shown, and if I'm honest, I have no idea how I ended up finding out about it, I definitely watched Extreme, maybe that got my interest? All I do know is someone got me a bunch of the videos, and that was it! Lorenzo Music is as much Venkmen to me as Bill is (saying this even as a massive Murray fan). If your a fan of both, I'd highly recommend IDW's Ghostbusters Get Real, the RGB crew crossover to the movie's universe, with it all set during the classic animated ep "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster". As fun as it sounds.. brilliantly written.

Can't wait to get the Plasma figures, I know they're not perfect and they've been under fire from some, but after being underwhelmed by DST's and while impressed by Mattel's, they weren't "definitive" to me.., these look fantastic, really like the Ghostbusters figures I've wanted since I was a kid. I've heard at least one UK retailer say next week as a possible date for the wave landing? So soon..., hopefully!

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone would be able to pick up the Walmart Trap replica (the new one with the pedal) to send over to the UK? No etailers over here are carrying them, and every one on eBay is 4X the price with astronomical shipping. More than happy to either pay, or send over anything that is exclusive to the UK.

Thanking you all hopefully.

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone would be able to pick up the Walmart Trap replica (the new one with the pedal) to send over to the UK? No etailers over here are carrying them, and every one on eBay is 4X the price with astronomical shipping. More than happy to either pay, or send over anything that is exclusive to the UK.

Thanking you all hopefully.
PM sent on the ghost trap.

Reaction score
I'm hoping they make a kid's version of the classic blue trap - I know it wasn't announced with their initial run of role play gear, but I certainly hope it's an air-powered one like back in the day. That trap was one of the coolest toys ever. I ended up buying two - had to fix the one with a brass air connector, works like a gem now. Easy to fix if they break too.

Reaction score
Went on a retro hunt today in AL. Found a case of Stay Puft and Slimer but none of the guys. The ghosts look to be in a case of four on their own. The guys are in a separate case but I don't know if it's 4 Pcs or 8.
I stopped at a Walmart on a road trip a few weeks ago and they had just stocked the pegs with the Ghostbusters. 2 of each character, case of 8. I got a set and it was nice to be able to compare and choose the best paint job of the 2 on each guy. These have major QC paint issues so buyer beware if you order online. I will eventually need to get a better Venkman as both of their copies had misplaced eyes. It seems the men shipped first and then 2 weeks later all I could find anywhere were mini StayPuft and super-sized Slimer. I hope they restock the team again.

Reaction score
I stopped at a Walmart on a road trip a few weeks ago and they had just stocked the pegs with the Ghostbusters. 2 of each character, case of 8. I got a set and it was nice to be able to compare and choose the best paint job of the 2 on each guy. These have major QC paint issues so buyer beware if you order online. I will eventually need to get a better Venkman as both of their copies had misplaced eyes. It seems the men shipped first and then 2 weeks later all I could find anywhere were mini StayPuft and super-sized Slimer. I hope they restock the team again.
I'm still having a tough time finding a Stay Puft and he's the last one I want. It's like looking for a Retro Boba Fett around here!

Reaction score
I'm still having a tough time finding a Stay Puft and he's the last one I want. It's like looking for a Retro Boba Fett around here!
I gotcha. Send me your address and I'll send one to you. Are you wanting to keep it in the package or open it. I'll try and look at the ones I have to make sure they're as mint as possible if you plan on keeping it in the package. Let me know.

Reaction score
I do always crack up at the He-Man line from the kid though. It's a dated joke now, but of course most of us get it...but it's also kind of a meta joke in that MOTU was outselling TRG toys. I was all about Ghostbusters, not He-Man! =P
The joke was dated in 1989 when it was new. Watching it as a kid I was like, that is a cheesy line because everyone knows no one cared about He-Man anymore in 1989. The RGB toys were one of the hottest sellers for the past 3 years at that point. But were about to be eclipsed by TMNT.

Reaction score
Well Brickseek is useless when trying to look these up. I was at a Walmart this morning and saw a case of them on a cart. Looked them up on Brickseek and got a little bit ago “no results for your area”. Yeah right.