Hasbro - Ghostbusters 2020

Reaction score
Hey man I am looking for Egon. If you can grab me one I can trade you a Slimer. He’s quite easy to find in my area.
I'm not actually looking for slimer, just reporting the lack of sighting with the figures.

When I say in my area I mean about an hour away, I wind up there every week for car dealer auctions. I'll be there again next week, I'll check with you tuesday to see if you're still looking by then. They've had them for the last two weeks, so stands a reason to believe they'll be there next week as well.

Reaction score
Hit up Walmart this morning and found 2 Stay Puft and that's it. I considered picking it up but have him and Slimer in a pending order on their site so I decided to just wait.

Reaction score
Is the Plasma collection showing up anywhere yet?

That retro series is groovy but I guess I'm holding out that they do RGB versions in the Plasma line. Retro nostalgia is cool but I'm more into modern versions of the old toys I had.

Reaction score
I've seen reports that folks are finding the Plasma figures at Target. I've got a loose Egon and Peter on their way to me from somebody in Colorado, so I think they're hitting harder.

Reaction score
Is the Plasma collection showing up anywhere yet?

That retro series is groovy but I guess I'm holding out that they do RGB versions in the Plasma line. Retro nostalgia is cool but I'm more into modern versions of the old toys I had.
That would be interesting - I'd love to see the cartoon guys done up with their awesome blue proton packs and unique equipment that fit the show, especially some cool to scale PKE meter. It would be a real treat if they could do the Ecto Scooter as well - I loved that thing as a kid. Thought it was so cool that part of the Ecto-1 rear fender could come off and turn into a unicycle scooter thing with a side car. I think it may have been called Ecto-3, but I was always bummed we never got that in the Kenner line. Include a little Slimer with determined face and helmet and an extra helmet for Ray, done deal!

Reaction score
Egon and Peter arrived in the mail today, two days ahead of schedule!
They're glorious.
They look so much better than their Matty counterparts and the joints are really fluid. I already knew I was all-in on the line because Ghostbusters is my favorite movie (maybe even trumping Star Wars) and these are the figures I've been waiting my whole life for. I know there's been a pretty heavy back and forth on the Fwoosh regarding the scale, but they look damn near perfect to me.

Yeah, I'm going to need Ray and Winston ASAP.

Reaction score
Me too. Plus, it'll be nice to have some variation in their streams. But yeah, totally agree--it's a crucial accessory, but Matty pulled the same crap.

Reaction score
Would you happen to have the DPCI number?

Also, that picture is funny because I always used to see those The Onion/Bill Murray stickers on people's cars and kept thinking it was supposed to be Ted Cruz...

Reaction score
No sorry. i didn't have the DCPI... still not sure how to use those/their function. I'm old school. gas, blood, sweat and tears.

Reaction score
Stopped by one Walmart out of 3 that Brickseek showed having stock. Only 2 Slimers and a Staypuft. The other two stores are waiting for the stockers.
What sku did you use? I can’t find a Sku number for the whole assortment. Had Walmart already cancelled these? I have only seen Slimer and Staypuff but none of the guys.

Reaction score
No sorry. i didn't have the DCPI... still not sure how to use those/their function. I'm old school. gas, blood, sweat and tears.
It should be on your receipt! Its usually something like 087-16-xxxx

Update: I did some digging and the DPCI is 087-16-3509! It says a lot of stores around me have a case. I don't feel like going there tonight but I might tomorrow and try and sweet talk someone into pulling it from the back. Then I can once again cancel my Pulse order.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It should be on your receipt! Its usually something like 087-16-xxxx

Update: I did some digging and the DPCI is 087-16-3509! It says a lot of stores around me have a case. I don't feel like going there tonight but I might tomorrow and try and sweet talk someone into pulling it from the back. Then I can once again cancel my Pulse order.
Thanks very much for the DCPI - this scored me the entire wave from the back. I was hesitant to splurge that much coin, but the figures really do look great up close. I actually think the Dana might be the best face likeness - the red eyes are an awesome touch. The Gozer was unfortunately a little splotchy on the eyes, but the whole build-a-figure is an awesome selling point. I feel like I got a free 7th figure in the Terror Dog, which is huge AND articulated. Makes the set more of a value. Still, I think these figures should be $15 max.

The case breakdown was Peter X2, Ray X2, Egon X1, Winston X1, Dana X1 and Gozer X1. Crazy that Ray gets 2 slots, but not Egon? You'd think with Harold's passing Egon would be the #1 figure to have next to Peter. I def. think this is the best they've ever gotten Ackroyd though in the face.

Reaction score
I think Winston will go incredibly quickly because he has the proton stream. I can see some folks getting multiples of him for that reason.

Reaction score
I did indeed manage to get a set pulled from the back at my local Target. I just got the four guys and left the other two. They're very cool but I can't help but feel like they all should have come with more accessories! We only get x1 of everything, not judt the proton stream. I mean, 3 of the 4 have a hole for the PKE meter on the belt but only Egon has one. Same with the trap and ecto goggles.

Now I wonder how long it will be until they inevitably milk the gray outfits of these sculpts?!?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I wonder how long it will be until they inevitably milk the gray outfits of these sculpts?!?
Sounds like something that would make a good Con exclusive, but since we have no Cons this year, maybe a Pulse exclusive around the holidays? I can see them doing the Santa hats again like Mattel did.

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some pics, hopefully it can inform some of you if you're on the fence.

IMG_7611.JPG

IMG_7613.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG

IMG_7612.JPG

IMG_7615.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

Looks like they all use PhotoReal - but I think my Gozer was the worst. I think her eyes could be a little more accurate and I was hoping that the bubbly texture could have been added in clear translucent plastic over top of the her mold. It's a real bummer they didn't go further with her design. Since she's the only one I saw, I couldn't choose the best of the two (that's only for Pete and Ray) but I'm very happy with the rest of the crew overall. Definitely agree about the proton streams - and it's sad they don't all come with it because this straight one is my favorite one from any company yet. I love the blue and orange tones.

Reaction score
Only ones that strike me as a little off are Venkmen and Dana. The rest are either great or close enough. Now if l had to assume a series 2, l guess Lewis and Jenine, Slimer, and l hope more Ghosts. Library Ghost, Subway Ghost, Taxi Ghost. But l think the concern may be that without the main four they just may not sell that well. So they may jump into GB2 or even Afterlife.

Reaction score
Maybe slimed or marshmallowed variants, just to keep core characters on the shelves.

Reaction score
Only ones that strike me as a little off are Venkmen and Dana. The rest are either great or close enough. Now if l had to assume a series 2, l guess Lewis and Jenine, Slimer, and l hope more Ghosts. Library Ghost, Subway Ghost, Taxi Ghost. But l think the concern may be that without the main four they just may not sell that well. So they may jump into GB2 or even Afterlife.
Funny, I think Dana is spot-on! She and Ray are my favorite likenesses out of the bunch, with Winston close behind.

Yeah I'm guessing they'll milk these sculpts a bit - you've got slimed Peter to do, maybe a marshmallow'd version of one or two, plus maybe street clothes Peter with his blazer and ghost detector gadget. Janine and Louis are shoe-ins, but I'm guessing they'd jump into GB2 very soon after. They could do the gray-suit versions of the guys from all their TV promos and then reuse their molds for the GB2 suits and with Slime Blowers. Vigo, Janusz, Louis as a Ghostbuster with earmuffs, GB2 Janine, even a Dana with Oscar maybe? There really isn't a ton to do with humans - like I wound't want the Mayor or Peck, even though previous lines have done them. They aren't interesting to me at all, though the mayor IS in two movies, so there's that I guess.

As for ghosts, you gotta have Slimer, but he should come with translucent green plastic and have the hot dog stand, plus a mouthful of hotdogs insert to go with him and a clear stand. I also def. would want that blue sewer ghost that comes out of the grate, one of my all-time faves, and the library ghost is a lock. Could be cool if they packed her with both versions - old lady and ghost face. Would love to see the Scoleri Bros too - they would be a huge hit! Complete with their chairs and electricity accents like how they do the proton streams.

I think my number 1 want at this point is definitely the Ecto-1 though, with movie sounds and lights with a pullout proton pack rack.

Reaction score
Yeah I thought of Peck as well since he has been done in the other lines, but I also came to the conclusion that I'd rather he be left out this time. I mean he's a fantastic actor, no offense to him, but in figure form...he's basically just a generic suit guy. Almost like just a civilian figure.

I think Ray and Winston take it for likeness here. I'll have to judge Dana in person. When you really think on it, it's actually rather surprising they didn't do a Slimer in wave 1. I mean he became, basically, the billboard character for the franchise...even if he wasn't really intended to be at first. What Pikachu is the Pokemon, he is to GB. I'd really love both Library ghosts too. Once they get to GB2, yeah man...Scoleri Brothers are a MUST!

Reaction score
I want a Vigo figure. That Diamond select one didnt really look like him. That picture kind of scared me as a 4 or 5 year old! Speaking of which, he would need to come with that picture, even if its just the cardboard insert under the tray.

Reaction score
I want a Vigo figure. That Diamond select one didnt really look like him. That picture kind of scared me as a 4 or 5 year old! Speaking of which, he would need to come with that picture, even if its just the cardboard insert under the tray.
For sure, a painting is a MUST! In fact, that would be a great way to do Poha as a figure - give him a stepladder (which Ray could also use) and a paint brush plus the big canvas that could stand up on its own with an easel of some sort. There should be a yellow eyed Jonusz as well for when he's possessed outside Dana's apartment with those flashlight eyes, that always freaked me out good when I was a kid! That way, they could pack onesie Oscar with Vigo, who doesn't have any weapons - though he should totally come with a head that has attachable laser eye bolts. Which reminds me, an Evil Ray/Vigo figure would be a fun exclusive. Not a super necessary figure, but one I'm sure many fans would dig and go for.

I'm finally seeing what I don't like about the Bill Murray likeness - it's literally lifted straight from the GB Video Game rather than the actor's film likeness - at least to my eyes. He's got the softer, cartoony look, whereas Ray and Dana look hyper real like the actors to me. Maybe it's the wash on Bill's hair or his silvery eyes, but they should definitely be more brown and have more depth like Ray's. Still a great figure. Another imperfection I found was that I couldn't get the backpack to cinch on both Ray (bigger belly) and on Peter. I don't like that they didn't make the backpack belts with a little more slack. It doesn't detract much from the overall look, but it you can always see it from the side.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, something is off about Murray. It's not BAD by any means, I can still tell who it is, it's just off. I am glad the attention to detail was there thought and they remember he's the only one who doesn't tuck his pants into the boots. It's a fairly easy detail to miss.

Janusz "ghost" version scared the HELL out of me as a kid. I could swear, if memory serves, the score when he flies up is very reminiscent to the Wicked Witch of the West's theme or the Twister theme from Oz. I mean when you really look at GB2, it's a way more frightening film than the original. IMO. In the original there's really only perhaps one scene that really scared me, that being Dana in the recliner and the hands popping out and dragging her to the fridge. But people often forget the "WINSTOOOOOOOON!" ghost train scene in the sequel...and the FREAKING SEVERED HEADS ON SPEARS! Holy CRAP! That's pretty hardcore for GB's. I always always wondered if that was a play off the first film when the reporter on the news mentions his mom or grandpa spinning yarns about a spectral train.

As a kid, was I the only one kind of disappointed Peter and Dana didn't end up together? I mean re-watching as an adult, you can tell...they'll never last. But in my youth is always kind of bugged me. Same with Egon and Janine not being together, but more oddly it's not even HINTED at. I know Janine was a character really sort of altered to fit the cartoon. I sincerely like GB2, I really do, it's just def. not AS good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, something is off about Murray. It's not BAD by any means, I can still tell who it is, it's just off. I am glad the attention to detail was there thought and they remember he's the only one who doesn't tuck his pants into the boots. It's a fairly easy detail to miss.

Janusz "ghost" version scared the HELL out of me as a kid. I could swear, if memory serves, the score when he flies up is very reminiscent to the Wicked Witch of the West's theme or the Twister theme from Oz. I mean when you really look at GB2, it's a way more frightening film than the original. IMO. In the original there's really only perhaps one scene that really scared me, that being Dana in the recliner and the hands popping out and dragging her to the fridge. But people often forget the "WINSTOOOOOOOON!" ghost train scene in the sequel...and the FREAKING SEVERED HEADS ON SPEARS! Holy CRAP! That's pretty hardcore for GB's. I always always wondered if that was a play off the first film when the reporter on the news mentions his mom or grandpa spinning yarns about a spectral train.

As a kid, was I the only one kind of disappointed Peter and Dana didn't end up together? I mean re-watching as an adult, you can tell...they'll never last. But in my youth is always kind of bugged me. Same with Egon and Janine not being together, but more oddly it's not even HINTED at. I know Janine was a character really sort of altered to fit the cartoon. I sincerely like GB2, I really do, it's just def. not AS good.
My guess is Janine actually got with Egon and she's the grandma of the kids in Afterlife - I think they continued that story even after she fell for Louis. My guess is her heart was always with Egon - it would be a cool way for them to play on the hinted romance with Janine and possibly explain the estrangement of his family. His work would always take him away from being romantic. Janine's quit better marriages than this! lol

Reaction score
My guess is Janine actually got with Egon and she's the grandma of the kids in Afterlife - I think they continued that story even after she fell for Louis. My guess is her heart was always with Egon - it would be a cool way for them to play on the hinted romance with Janine and possibly explain the estrangement of his family. His work would always take him away from being romantic. Janine's quit better marriages than this! lol
I actually thought about that too and I hope that's actually where it goes!

I'd say the best sequence in GB2 is def. is the Scoleri brothers scene. That Judge is SO over the top "Throw the book at um" funny to me and it's hysterical how fast his tough guy act goes out the window the second they brothers show up. Vigo was a great villain, in some ways better than Gozer really as she's (or rather it's) really not that much of a presence in the first film. They really did get an actor that just LOOKS like an ancient Carpathian warlord or something. He didn't do much as far as acting went, but I distinctly remember him from In The Mouth of Madness, a thoroughly creepy and bizarre Lovecraft inspired horror.

Another thing I found shocking about GB2 the first time was...they're not doing so hot. Like they saved the city, yet people just...don't like them anymore? I mean I get the premise is basically that there aren't ghosts TO hunt anymore, but still...I'd think they'd get more respect. But then again, I guess if you weren't literally there, it would likely become a sort of Roswell or Area 51 thing when no one really believes it anymore. It's like an urban legend. I do always crack up at the He-Man line from the kid though. It's a dated joke now, but of course most of us get it...but it's also kind of a meta joke in that MOTU was outselling TRG toys. I was all about Ghostbusters, not He-Man! =P

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I always felt that GB2 was way creepier than GB1, and if you read the story behind the guy who played Vigo, it feels even creepier. He was not a pleasant individual and the menace he exhibited in the role wasn't acting.

I'm such a sucker for these movies that I could easily see myself buying the GB2 uniforms in both khaki and gray variants....

What do you guys think they'll do for exclusives? I feel like the Diamond and Matty figures turned to slimed variants really quickly for exclusives, so I'm kind of bored of those, even though they make sense. For me, I'd like to see a "Ready to Believe You" commercial three pack or Ray, Winston, and Egon in their GB2 subway gear.

Reaction score
Yeah, I always felt that GB2 was way creepier than GB1, and if you read the story behind the guy who played Vigo, it feels even creepier. He was not a pleasant individual and the menace he exhibited in the role wasn't acting.

I'm such a sucker for these movies that I could easily see myself buying the GB2 uniforms in both khaki and gray variants....

What do you guys think they'll do for exclusives? I feel like the Diamond and Matty figures turned to slimed variants really quickly for exclusives, so I'm kind of bored of those, even though they make sense. For me, I'd like to see a "Ready to Believe You" commercial three pack or Ray, Winston, and Egon in their GB2 subway gear.
I think it would def. be great to see the guys in some partially pink-slimed Subway spelunking gear, along with heads on sticks as pack-ins, or maybe even a buildable river of slime and some subway bricks for them to stand on. Include the hardhats and equipment they used and it would be a fun exclusive 3 pack. I also think the slimed guys are a lame exclusive - especially since Peter is literally the ONLY guy to ever get slimed (minus the swim in the river). I'd much rather see Ray possessed as an exclusive since he's not necessary at all, but could be a cool figure.

Would be cool if the gray suited guys built the crown of the Statue Of Liberty that they could stand inside or on top of, just as a nod.

Reaction score
While I'm loving these figures I really don't see how far this line can go. I mean, we only have two movies, 3 if you count Afterlife. Maybe a little more if they get into RGB. That is, I dont think figures of the girl Ghostbusters are even on the table...

Think about Hasbro's 6" lines... Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers and GI Joe all have a lot more primary canon to make toys of. I mean, we're seriously already talking about if they're going to make Peck and the Mayor!

Don't get me wrong; I dig this line so far, I just don't see a long life for it.

Unless Afterlife is just freaking fantastically good... which I'm of course hoping it will be!

Reaction score
While I'm loving these figures I really don't see how far this line can go. I mean, we only have two movies, 3 if you count Afterlife. Maybe a little more if they get into RGB. That is, I dont think figures of the girl Ghostbusters are even on the table...

Think about Hasbro's 6" lines... Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers and GI Joe all have a lot more primary canon to make toys of. I mean, we're seriously already talking about if they're going to make Peck and the Mayor!

Don't get me wrong; I dig this line so far, I just don't see a long life for it.

Unless Afterlife is just freaking fantastically good... which I'm of course hoping it will be!
I think the RGB versions of the guys in cartoon form will definitely be making an appearance in the Plasma line, which I think would be fantastic. I'd love to see the cartoon specific proton packs and streams as well as the PKE. I honestly think those could sell better than the movie guys.