Hasbro - Ghostbusters 2020

Reaction score
When The REAL Ghostbusters cartoon first came out, I was legit like...3? 4? The arch-villain line-up TERRIFIED me. Heck to this day, the Boogieman still gives me an uneasy feeling. Plus his dimension totally has this trippy M.C. Esher vibe I am convinced was inspired by Steve Ditko's Dr. Strange comics. I remember my mom and dad constantly arguing over whether or not I should be allowed to watch it because it gave me nightmares so much. Yet I LOVED it nonetheless. I was like a little Lidia from Beetlejuice, obsessed with the strange and unusual. I myself am strange and unusual. If it was macabre, I was all over it. Another real stand-out for me was the haunted house episode...as in literally a ghost house. One incredible thing about TRG that you can't really say for a lot of the other cartoons of the era is...it sincerely stands up to adult viewing. I STILL think it's great, whereas shows like G.I. Joe, Tranformers, and Masters of the Universe are a TASK to get through so much as a single episode. Now admittedly though, that's the earlier seasons before the Slimer dominating era. Those got way more kiddie.

Even funnier, when I actually soon saw the movie after the show (yes, I saw the show first...I know, I know) I was still so young that I didn't REALIZE it was a comedy. I thought it was stark serious. It DID scare me! ESPECIALLY THE SCENE! You guys know the one, it's the only one that actually is played straight horror, when Dana comes home and is talking to her mother on the phone...relaxes in her recliner...and boom. HANDS POP OUT and DRAG HER to the fridge! I SCREAMED! I get now why I didn't see it as a comedy then. The humor is that sort of dry, sarcastic, witty banter sort that kids really can't 100% understand yet. Also it's surprisingly raunchy, Venkman is a total horndog. That will totally go over kids heads. It was like this strange revelation when, in my teens, I re-watched it after a long time and realize..."What? It's a comedy? Whoa!" I still think though my absolute FAVORITE performance in the original film is Rick Moranis. Which that is saying a lot as EVERYONE is incredible and brought their A game. I'm thinking that if there's ONE FILM he'd come out of retirement for a cameo in, it's Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'm REALLY hoping.

Another thing about the film: Is it just me or does it have the more memorable background extras ever? Rob Zombie looking guy in the background of the news report, priest blessing them, and MOST ESPECIALLY crazy bald guy standing on something high with marshmallow on his head in all white doing some lunatic dance at the very end! I always wanted to go to a huge GB even and cosplay as him and see if ANYONE got it. I can see them all so clearly in my head.

Well I mean it's GOT TO BE Ivo as the new big bad in the new film, right? And considering Jason Reitman is much more on the up about the outside the film stuff because, well, he was also the perfect age for it and his dad MADE the source material, I'd almost be surprised if some TRG ghosts DON'T make an appearance. I mean the gunner seat in Ecto 1 is a clear nod to the Kenner toy.

It's funny you mention the blue ghost that comes out of the subway as that's the one I was TOTALLY thinking of in particular. I don't think it's ever been made, has it? Not by Mattel or Diamond or Kenner, but may be wrong. The Zombie Taxi is such a unique one as it's the only one that appears tangible, but even more interestingly is that when it enters the Taxi through the tailpipe it's clearly intangible. I have a theory on that. The vapor that enters the Taxi is a traditional looking Ghostbusters ghost...but there was a REAL Taxi driver in there which the ghost possessed to LOOK like an undead corpse.

Man...I could talk GB all day. Saber, what did you think of Extreme Ghostbusters?
Really what made the movie great was the destruction the Ghostbusters caused. The Segwick Hotel was hilarious. The scene were Peter gets slimed. Oh, even at 9 years old I got a lot of the humor. Mainly because my parents let me watch the Blues Brothers and Animal House when I was young.

Reaction score
When The REAL Ghostbusters cartoon first came out, I was legit like...3? 4? The arch-villain line-up TERRIFIED me. Heck to this day, the Boogieman still gives me an uneasy feeling. Plus his dimension totally has this trippy M.C. Esher vibe I am convinced was inspired by Steve Ditko's Dr. Strange comics. I remember my mom and dad constantly arguing over whether or not I should be allowed to watch it because it gave me nightmares so much. Yet I LOVED it nonetheless. I was like a little Lidia from Beetlejuice, obsessed with the strange and unusual. I myself am strange and unusual. If it was macabre, I was all over it. Another real stand-out for me was the haunted house episode...as in literally a ghost house. One incredible thing about TRG that you can't really say for a lot of the other cartoons of the era is...it sincerely stands up to adult viewing. I STILL think it's great, whereas shows like G.I. Joe, Tranformers, and Masters of the Universe are a TASK to get through so much as a single episode. Now admittedly though, that's the earlier seasons before the Slimer dominating era. Those got way more kiddie.

Even funnier, when I actually soon saw the movie after the show (yes, I saw the show first...I know, I know) I was still so young that I didn't REALIZE it was a comedy. I thought it was stark serious. It DID scare me! ESPECIALLY THE SCENE! You guys know the one, it's the only one that actually is played straight horror, when Dana comes home and is talking to her mother on the phone...relaxes in her recliner...and boom. HANDS POP OUT and DRAG HER to the fridge! I SCREAMED! I get now why I didn't see it as a comedy then. The humor is that sort of dry, sarcastic, witty banter sort that kids really can't 100% understand yet. Also it's surprisingly raunchy, Venkman is a total horndog. That will totally go over kids heads. It was like this strange revelation when, in my teens, I re-watched it after a long time and realize..."What? It's a comedy? Whoa!" I still think though my absolute FAVORITE performance in the original film is Rick Moranis. Which that is saying a lot as EVERYONE is incredible and brought their A game. I'm thinking that if there's ONE FILM he'd come out of retirement for a cameo in, it's Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'm REALLY hoping.

Another thing about the film: Is it just me or does it have the more memorable background extras ever? Rob Zombie looking guy in the background of the news report, priest blessing them, and MOST ESPECIALLY crazy bald guy standing on something high with marshmallow on his head in all white doing some lunatic dance at the very end! I always wanted to go to a huge GB even and cosplay as him and see if ANYONE got it. I can see them all so clearly in my head.

Well I mean it's GOT TO BE Ivo as the new big bad in the new film, right? And considering Jason Reitman is much more on the up about the outside the film stuff because, well, he was also the perfect age for it and his dad MADE the source material, I'd almost be surprised if some TRG ghosts DON'T make an appearance. I mean the gunner seat in Ecto 1 is a clear nod to the Kenner toy.

It's funny you mention the blue ghost that comes out of the subway as that's the one I was TOTALLY thinking of in particular. I don't think it's ever been made, has it? Not by Mattel or Diamond or Kenner, but may be wrong. The Zombie Taxi is such a unique one as it's the only one that appears tangible, but even more interestingly is that when it enters the Taxi through the tailpipe it's clearly intangible. I have a theory on that. The vapor that enters the Taxi is a traditional looking Ghostbusters ghost...but there was a REAL Taxi driver in there which the ghost possessed to LOOK like an undead corpse.

Man...I could talk GB all day. Saber, what did you think of Extreme Ghostbusters?
Really what made the movie great was the destruction the Ghostbusters caused. The Segwick Hotel was hilarious. The scene were Peter gets slimed. Oh, even at 9 years old I got a lot of the humor. Mainly because my parents let me watch the Blues Brothers and Animal House when I was young.

Reaction score

Reaction score
I could so see why a kid would be scared of slimer. I personally wasn't, but I can SO see why. Ghostbuster is such am amazing movie because, for me, as a kid I saw an entirely different film then I did as an adult. Yet the very SAME movie. Like said, kids take it seriously. They miss the comedy. I mean perhaps not all, but I sure did.

Another thing I noticed as a teen and re-watching, my GOD how raunchy it is. Like once he meets Dana, everything out of Peter's mouth is a sex joke or innuendo. I did get why my dad was laughing at stuff. Like when Dana says "I want you inside me," as a kid I didn't take that as innuendo. I thought she literally means inside her like she'd eat him or something. LOL

Reaction score
Now that the movie is pushed back, I'm curious how this toyline is going to be impacted.

I don't see what the Plasma connection wouldn't get released on time, but if there was a second wave planned with characters from the new movie, it would make more sense to hold those back.

Unless they really didn't plan on putting figures out for the new movie.

Reaction score
Anyone have brickseek sku for asst?
The card back upc link to each figure and don’t work
It really sucks all these great toys were slated for April release but we won't see any of them til 2021. Just seems crazy they pushed back a July movie to freaking March 2021. Why not the X-Mas season this year? Seems far too drastic to severely remove such a popular film from all its hype this spring season to put it at the end of winter. I mean seriously, what happens in....March? Knee jerk move by Sony and Co.

Reaction score
Has there been any official word that either the toys aren't coming out, or that they're getting pushed back too? I don't remember seeing anything specifically labeled fro Ghostbusters Afterlife and at ToyFair the only figures shown were for the original movie. I think Hasbro could still go ahead and release the figures, let the line get some good word of mouth going, then have people excited about new product for the new movie.

As for pushing it back so far, I don't think it's an overshoot necessarily. Concerts and sporting events are probably not gonna be back this year at all, and if they are, it won't be until the end of the year anyway. I've got to imagine movie theaters are in that aame category because i dont think people will be too excited to go sit in a dark room full of strangers for 2 hours anytime soon.

Hopefully they can get some viral marketing sites or something up around Halloween. To me it didn't seem like there's been a whole lot of big promotion for this movie.

Reaction score
I understand better safe than sorry, so I get all the delaying and such...but I cannot help but feel March was a bad choice too. A big brand name like this, not to mention the bad taste the last one left in everyone's mouth, you gotta put this thing out with pzazz! March just...isn't that.

Reaction score
It really sucks all these great toys were slated for April release but we won't see any of them til 2021. Just seems crazy they pushed back a July movie to freaking March 2021. Why not the X-Mas season this year? Seems far too drastic to severely remove such a popular film from all its hype this spring season to put it at the end of winter. I mean seriously, what happens in....March? Knee jerk move by Sony and Co.
The toys are coming out. The "Street Date" is supposed to be today. It's all over Facebook with people going into Walmart and leaving with the Classics line, Traps and PKE Meters. The "Movie Style" figures that were shown at Toyfair could possibly be delayed but nothing has been confirmed yet.

On a different note, I thought some of us Star Wars collectors can get nuts about release dates and trying to find the toys. Some of those guys are just downright CRAZY! Several angry posts about how employees are not doing their jobs, blah blah blah. I mean, MAYBE if we were in a different situation than we are now, I could see them worrying a bit more about the street dates. But it's pretty common knowledge anyway that Walmart is spectacularly BAD at getting resets done in a timely manner.

Reaction score
Is the basic 5poa line part off the stuff people have been finding today?

Reaction score

Here's basically what we all want to see: comparison time. I think all three have their advantages and disadvantages. Hasbro's def. have the best as far as articulation...but I'd say the paint apps are lacking (the jumpsuits look way too pristine clean...would have benefited from a black wash) and some of the head sculpts just don't look quite right to me. I think Hasbro's Egon head is by far the best one. The glasses on the other two always looked like Waldo from Where's Waldo?! I actually think Winston's head is better on the Mattel. I think Venkman is best in Hasbro. And I actually think the Diamond Ray is the best headsculpt. The Mattel Ray was soooo bad. He looks almost like a caricature of Dan instead of actually him.

Reaction score
The toys are coming out. The "Street Date" is supposed to be today. It's all over Facebook with people going into Walmart and leaving with the Classics line, Traps and PKE Meters. The "Movie Style" figures that were shown at Toyfair could possibly be delayed but nothing has been confirmed yet.

On a different note, I thought some of us Star Wars collectors can get nuts about release dates and trying to find the toys. Some of those guys are just downright CRAZY! Several angry posts about how employees are not doing their jobs, blah blah blah. I mean, MAYBE if we were in a different situation than we are now, I could see them worrying a bit more about the street dates. But it's pretty common knowledge anyway that Walmart is spectacularly BAD at getting resets done in a timely manner.
What Facebook pages are you seeing this on? I went to multiple Wal-Marts and I saw nothing of Ghostbusters whatsoever. It's so frustrating that people are coming home with retro figures and I am surrounded by at least 10 drivable stores with zilch. That was like a week ago that some people found the RGB retro as well, it doesn't add up that some places are getting hit with the stuff and others aren't if it's supposed to be all coming out on April 26th?

Reaction score
Just saw a YouTube video of a guy who successfully found them on the pegs, in Pennsylvania no less! Which kills me because I checked practically everywhere today and one store physically for the Retro RGB figs. Everywhere I called had no clue what I was talking about.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I understand better safe than sorry, so I get all the delaying and such...but I cannot help but feel March was a bad choice too. A big brand name like this, not to mention the bad taste the last one left in everyone's mouth, you gotta put this thing out with pzazz! March just...isn't that.
I hear you about March normally feeling a little underwhelming. But I think there are two factors to consider. First, March has been more of a franchise destination in recent years. Last year, Captain Marvel was released in March; this year, both Black Widow and Mulan (if Disney live-action remakes count as a franchise) were scheduled for March pre-pandemic. Heck, Batman v Superman came out in March. So it won't be as weird as it would have been, say, a decade ago to release a big franchise movie that early.

Second: everything is all jumbled up, release date-wise, because of delays. 2020 tentpoles and 2021 tentpoles are going to be jockeying for position. Yes, some of the later movies can be pushed further back...but studios will want product out to make back some of the money they are losing now. I think we will have that "this movie feels bigger than its month" feeling for basically a year and a half.

... And I actually think the Diamond Ray is the best headsculpt. The Mattel Ray was soooo bad. He looks almost like a caricature of Dan instead of actually him.
Aykroyd seems to be in that Hamill and Isaac pocket where their likeness is just hard to capture in plastic form.

Reaction score
I think (hope?) 2021 will be kind of a fun year for movies. If all the release dates do kinda get screwy and put kind of everywhere, it'll be nice to have a movie to look forward to every few months, especially the movies that got pushed back having more time to build their hype.

Without looking it up, I seem to remember DST's "quittin time Ray" looking spot on when I saw him in a Toys r Us.

Reaction score
I think (hope?) 2021 will be kind of a fun year for movies. If all the release dates do kinda get screwy and put kind of everywhere, it'll be nice to have a movie to look forward to every few months, especially the movies that got pushed back having more time to build their hype.

Without looking it up, I seem to remember DST's "quittin time Ray" looking spot on when I saw him in a Toys r Us.
Does anyone have an SKU for the Real Ghostbusters RETRO line?

Reaction score
What Facebook pages are you seeing this on? I went to multiple Wal-Marts and I saw nothing of Ghostbusters whatsoever. It's so frustrating that people are coming home with retro figures and I am surrounded by at least 10 drivable stores with zilch. That was like a week ago that some people found the RGB retro as well, it doesn't add up that some places are getting hit with the stuff and others aren't if it's supposed to be all coming out on April 26th?
The group is called "Ghostbusters Vintage Collectors" And there have been many, many posts and photos of them being found. Why are some stores putting them out and others are not, even though the street date was the 26th? Well, the only answer I have for you there is....... it's Walmart. Some stores are terrible at getting resets done on time. Others are just stocking shelves with whatever product turns up on their skids.

Does anyone have an SKU for the Real Ghostbusters RETRO line?
This is a list that was provided on the same group I was talking about above. The problem is that when it comes to stock checkers, they might not give you any results. Generally, even though each figure has it's own SKU, the inventory system only sees one "Assortment SKU" which no one seems to have. These may work, but I've head a lot of people say they do not.

Egon: SKU - 661110445 UPC - 630509935635

Peter: SKU - 539126937 UPC - 630509935611

Ray: SKU - 206601955 UPC - 630509935642

Winston: SKU - 875965494 UPC - 630509935628

Stay Puft: SKU - 916010669 UPC - 630509935666

Green Ghost: SKU - 503897003 UPC - 630509935680

Reaction score
The group is called "Ghostbusters Vintage Collectors" And there have been many, many posts and photos of them being found. Why are some stores putting them out and others are not, even though the street date was the 26th? Well, the only answer I have for you there is....... it's Walmart. Some stores are terrible at getting resets done on time. Others are just stocking shelves with whatever product turns up on their skids.

This is a list that was provided on the same group I was talking about above. The problem is that when it comes to stock checkers, they might not give you any results. Generally, even though each figure has it's own SKU, the inventory system only sees one "Assortment SKU" which no one seems to have. These may work, but I've head a lot of people say they do not.

Yes it’s the assortment number that I haven’t seen
Tried all sorts of word combinations

Reaction score

Thank you for this - I was able to score a whole set today. I used Brickseek with a Slimer UPC because that was the only one coming up in the search (before I saw this excellent post!) and sure enough a ton of my area Wal-Marts had 6+ in stock. The first one I drove to was the closest and an employee said she remembered seeing them, checked the back and said they all must have sold yesterday. Definitely some intrepid collectors in my area (hopefully not scalpers).

I lucked out driving to one just a little further away, but one that always seems to stock their exclusives. I know they are good because they've gotten all the Transformers exclusives thus far - sure enough, I strolled through the toy aisle, thought I was screwed yet again and then saw a lone PKE meter. Right next to them, 2 full sets of RGB Retro! I can totally remember going to an Ames in town when I was like 4 or 5 and getting a Peter Venkman there and thinking his blue ghost was so cool. It almost felt as good as that today seeing them on the pegs. The packaging is even bigger than I remember it, even now as 36 yr old these look huge to me! Good luck to everyone looking, I'm sure half the Walmarts out there haven't even put them out yet.

IMG_7527 2.jpg

Reaction score
The voice actor for Egon was going to be at a con in my area but because of the Corona virus he had to reschedule for next year. I plan to pick up Egon and get him signed by Maurice LaMarche. I did find Slimer(hated calling him the green ghost) and Mr Sty Puff at Walmart on my way home from Work. Looked like there were 2of each of them.

Reaction score
The voice actor for Egon was going to be at a con in my area but because of the Corona virus he had to reschedule for next year. I plan to pick up Egon and get him signed by Maurice LaMarche. I did find Slimer(hated calling him the green ghost) and Mr Sty Puff at Walmart on my way home from Work. Looked like there were 2of each of them.
I've got that beat my friend... the weekend of my local con, at a local brewery, I along with 55 other nerds were going to be at an informal private screening of the 1990 TMNT movie. With free beer, free pizza... and Kevin Eastman. That would have been on April 25th. Canceled of course. China, owes me, an apology.

One of my wal-marts had the role play PKE Meter and Ghost Trap on the shelf last week.

Reaction score
I remembered just now for the first time in like 30 years how I'd always take this blue one of those little extra ghost guys and I'd suction it on to the end of my tongue because it was hollow on the bottom.

I guess I was the kind of kid that ruined spring loaded missiles for us all...

Reaction score
Anyone know the case breakdown of the Retro Real Ghostbusters figures? Are Slimer and Mr Staypuff in the same assortment?

I'm pretty sure when any Wal-Mart gets them it's a case of the team X2 of each and then a separate one for Slimer and Stay Puft also at X2.

Reaction score
Also are Slimer and Staypuff the same price as the ghostbusters? I have not seen them in my area at all except for the 2 ghosts.

Reaction score
Also are Slimer and Staypuff the same price as the ghostbusters? I have not seen them in my area at all except for the 2 ghosts.
Yes, all figures are $14.99 I believe. So all you have seen are the ghosts so far? All I have seen were the figures one time after checking many Wal-Marts, but they were at different times and days, so who knows.

Reaction score
I have a strong interest in getting Slimer & Mr. Stay Puft, but am on the fence about the others. I've always wanted these two as a kid, but never had any of the previous versions.

Reaction score
The only reason I wanted Egon from RGB is that the actor Maurice LaMarche is going to be at a convention locally next year.Would love to get the figure signed by him.Would have been this year no thanks to Covid 19.

Reaction score
still no signs of Ghostbusters by me at any of the Walmarts in my area, not even evidence of them. luckily I was able to order a complete set of the Retro series on Walmart when they 1st went live and I have the Plasma series on order with Bigbadtoystore.com

Reaction score
One of my local walmarts has had the retro figures set of four. Can't quite pull the trigger on them. Honestly I mostly just want the ghosts. Anybody want to sell just the ghosts from theirs? :sneaky:

No sign of Slimer or Stay Puft

Reaction score
One of my local walmarts has had the retro figures set of four. Can't quite pull the trigger on them. Honestly I mostly just want the ghosts. Anybody want to sell just the ghosts from theirs? :sneaky:

No sign of Slimer or Stay Puft
Hey man I am looking for Egon. If you can grab me one I can trade you a Slimer. He’s quite easy to find in my area.