Hasbro Black Series Mandalorian helmet

Dax

Reaction score
Very nice! Looking forward to this one. Sure, it's way too clean and needs a bit of weathering and there are some minor sculpting inaccuracies but overall it looks great. The only thing that I'm slightly concerned about is where the crest meets the front of the helmet. This should be pressed flat against the helmet and over the forehead ridge but appears to be sitting up which would bother me. If it was at the back I wouldn't care so much but here it would be obvious.

A bit stupid that we have to wait till next year for this to be available when it would have been much better to be out at retail while season 2 was running.

Reaction score
I preordered as well. I like having toys I can take with me places where my efx will stay behind glass.

Reaction score
Wow that looks so nice.

Im not wanting a Mando helmet enough to pay EFX or Anovos for theirs. This one os perfect and looks so good for the price.

Reaction score
Seeing this and other recent BS releases tells me that what needs to happen is for eFx and Anovos to loose their license. The reality is that as labor costs in China and other developing countries go up, it has become too hard for small companies to effectively produce prop replicas at an affordable price to the customer. The only way we will ever see replicas produced at a similar rate an quality as in the old MR days, is for a large company, like Hasbro, to pick up the license and use their existing manufacturing capacity to produce them.
All that said, I’m really looking forward to getting this delivered!

Reaction score
I preordered the helmet on amazon, but I cancelled my order there ( release date is still june ) when I discovered the helmet was available and in stock
on the german EMP.de site. I pulled the trigger immediately and now it is being prepared for dispatch!!

Reaction score
Ordered it from EMP aswell, got EMP flyer a day before with a "one year free backstage club" so free shipping for a year and also a 20% discount for this order so i bundled a nice package with
-the Mando helmet
-two spaghetti western style Mando poster
-Beskar TBS 6 inch Mando
-TBS 6 inch Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
- TBS 6 inch Bo Katan Kyzre
for 200€ :)
should be here tuesday/wednesday...this is the way!

Reaction score
I cancelled my Gamestop order. With the $25 off 100 promo and redcard it's $98 and change after tax with free shipping At Target right now.

Reaction score
Still in stock on Target. I missed pre-ordering this and was starting to get a some serious FOMO seeing the In Hand pictures when I saw YakFace's post this morning that they were up again on Targets website, with the $25 off 100 promo and just put an order in.

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of of where i can order this in Canada that currently has it in stock?? Thanks!

Reaction score
The helmet is oversized but it’ll still look nice with my hasbro Fett helmet. I’ll post comparison pictures with my efx once my preorder arrives.

Dax

Reaction score
When you say oversized, do you mean it's bigger than the Fett helmet, or just oversized in comparison with the screen used prop?

From the images I've seen, this looks like another home run from Hasbro!

Reaction score
When you say oversized, do you mean it's bigger than the Fett helmet, or just oversized in comparison with the screen used prop?

From the images I've seen, this looks like another home run from Hasbro!
The Hasbro helmet is oversized compared to the hero helmet used. It's slightly larger to the eFx helmet which is actually way smaller than the boba Fett hero helmet. Hasbro’s boba Fett size very close to the Fett hero helmet.

Dax

Reaction score
Thanks for the run down rnbuda, that's really helpful! I'm glad the Hasbro helmet is oversized, it means my giant melon will actually fit inside it :)

Really looking forward to this one, the finish is excellent.

Reaction score
It looks so nice I may actually pick one up. That finish is so freakn nice for a Hasbro prop.

Reaction score
still looking everywhere for someone that ships to Canada that has this bad boy in stock. Is anyone aware of any retailers that currently have this in stock?

Reaction score
still looking everywhere for someone that ships to Canada that has this bad boy in stock. Is anyone aware of any retailers that currently have this in stock?
Keep an eye out at Toys r us , I pre ordered mine from EB games and it says release date 04-12.
That’s probably why your not seeing it now ...
After release date you can sometimes find in stock at toys r us or EB games ...
Cheers

Reaction score
The helmet is oversized but it’ll still look nice with my hasbro Fett helmet. I’ll post comparison pictures with my efx once my preorder arrives.
Where did you get that from ?
While the ears on Fett are going outwards while coming down, the Mando ears are almost straight down, making the width smaller.

Anyway heres my little review of this nice bucket.

The box:

20210406_183916.jpg20210406_183925.jpg20210406_183934.jpg20210406_183945.jpg20210406_184001.jpg20210406_184011.jpg

I might be wrong, but I think Hasbro already gone the "less plastic" way, as their is NO plastic packaging inside. The helmet was wrapped in paper, and the torchlight packed in a little paper bag 😉👍🏻

The bucket:

20210406_182738.jpg20210406_182825.jpg20210406_182815.jpg20210406_182804.jpg20210406_182751.jpg

While it looks to be super-chromed and shiny, the silver paint is actually a very little bit dull and "uneven". Not sure if production difficulty or a "wanted" effect, but you can actualy notice clouds of darker silver, giving it a used, slightly weathered look, which IMO looks greater than a factory-new look you would expect.
( as for my preferences, I might add a little more weathering later )

The Inside:

20210406_182930.jpg

While you would expect, it being the same as the inside of Boba Fett's bucket, its completly different and even more detailed 👍🏻👍🏻

The Gimmicks :

20210406_183109.jpg20210406_183029.jpg

The right ear is removeable in two pieces. The lower part gives you access to the battery hatch, which holds 1 AA-battery.
The top part is changeable with the torchlight part, wich connects with two contacts to the electronics.

20210406_183226.jpg20210406_183239.jpg20210406_183251.jpg20210406_183258.jpg

This tiny button on the lower edge of the ear, activates the light effects.

20210406_183449.jpg

As soon as you put in the battery, you can circle through 2 different paterns for the interior light of 2 red LEDs. Either constantly light up both, or a blinking patern.
A IMO very cool feature, the interior ONLY works when NOT wearing, when the helmet is upsidedown. You can hear a tiny switch/contact slipping around when turning. I first thought there is a loose screw somewhere or somethings is broken until I noticed the feature.
It does not light up when wearing

20210406_183321.jpg

When wearing, the same button turns on/off the flashlight. Its not superbright, but I guess its enough to navigate you through dark areas when trooping

20210406_183408.jpg20210406_183421.jpg

Only thing, the flashlight is not designed to be switched with the regular ear just on the run. You really need to take off the helmet and push in the sides of the ear real hard to get the pegs to remove from their holes. And I can imagine, when trooping with gloved fingers, a task close to imposible 🤔😉
Anyway I also understand the need for a good hold of the gimmick, so you have to decide if trooping with or without light.

And last, a comparsion to my TBS Boba Fett, as mentioned above

CYMERA_20210406_192902.jpg

You see, Mando is a tiny bit smaller than Fett

Overall, a great, gimmick-filled "replica" for the smaller wallets like any other TBS helmet before and I absolutly recommend it.
This being my second Mandalorian helmet, makes me wish Hasbro gives us either Bo-Katan or the Armorer soon, too

Edit: 🤣🤣😂😂😂 The Mrs. just asked me, "and where to turn on the Knight Rider Eye ? " reffering it to be a Cylon Raider 🤦‍♂️😂😂
Muggles !! 🤪😉🤣

Last edited:

TOS

Reaction score
Well, like a motorbike helmet, do the Bounty Hunters helmet are supposed to all have the same size ?
I guess not !!! As they are supposed to practically live all of their life with the helmet on, they have to be "made to measure" article so.....maybe.....certainly, Boba Fett has a larger head than Mando ;)

Reaction score
Oh man, SMALLER than that tiny Fett helmet? There's absolutely no chance it will fit my enormous head...

I guess I get to save $120 but I'd really like a good quality Mando bucket that actually fits me one day!