Hasbro Black Series Luke Skywalker Red-5 Helmet

Reaction score
Can't believe there isn't a thread for this already! I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I love the Black Series helmets and this one looks great! Cool that they incorporate both ANH X-Wing and ESB Snowspeeder sound effects.

It's on display at SWCC. Pics courtesy of JTA:

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can count me in! I have a Pre Order for the Anovos, since it might never actually arrive I will be getting this one.

Reaction score
Wow that is really impressive.

Hasbro is really getting its act together, and unlike EFX and Anovos are actually delivering a product!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
This is a must buy for sure. I mean, who hasn't pretended they were Luke flying the X-wing. Really glad they are finally do it, but I'm wondering why they didn't do it sooner. Seems like a no brainer.

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I just picked up the Black Series Gamestop exclusive Shock Trooper helmet for $50. They finally went on clearance.

Reaction score
Love the black series helmet. Got Poe's and the storm trooper. But at $100-$109 I will pass on it until I see it in clearance. The 2 I have were priced originally at $80. That seemed more reasonable to me.

Reaction score
Love the black series helmet. Got Poe's and the storm trooper. But at $100-$109 I will pass on it until I see it in clearance. The 2 I have were priced originally at $80. That seemed more reasonable to me.
I know what you mean. I managed to get a Stormtrooper, Shock Trooper, Vader, and Poe's helmet all at a decent discount. Basically, half price with the exception of the Stormtrooper helmet. The thing is they've been getting better and better each time. This Luke helmet seems to have even better interior features and much better electronic features. I think I may pull the trigger at full price. It seems worth it to me, and all I ever really wanted since they started doing BS helmets was a Luke pilot helmet. I'm really glad they did this as opposed to doing a Boba Fett helmet, for example.

I wonder if we will see repaints down the road or maybe as a Gamestop exclusive? It would be cool to have variants like Wedge or Red Leader or something.

Reaction score
I'm betting Boba Fett will be the next helmet in their line. They already hinted about doing it at SDCC last year, and they might be saving it to release in 2020 for the ESB 40th anniversary.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did anyone snap a photo of at least an RL approved helmet beside the Hasbro display? Just for comparison's sake. It would help a lot to see the scale.

Reaction score
Yup! I've got all of the others so far, minus the Stormtrooper repaints. There's no way I am not getting this one.

Reaction score
Yup! I've got all of the others so far, minus the Stormtrooper repaints. There's no way I am not getting this one.
I know what you mean. This is a must have for me. I could take or leave all the other BS helmets they've made so far.

On the one hand I am surprised it took this long, but on the other hand it probably wouldn't have been as nice with the electronic features if they did it as their first helmet.

Reaction score
I already have the RS Props version which is really hard to top, but this looks nice. I really hope they offer repaints of this as Wedge and Biggs helmets. I passed on the RS Props versions of those due to the expense, but would be all over $100 versions from Hasbro if they look this good.

Reaction score
Picked up the Kylo Ren helmet in TK Maxx cheap and was impressed with the quality (and fit) so I grabbed the Poe Dameron helmet off Amazon when it came out at RRP £70.

The Storm Trooper black series lids are currently retailing at £130 (RRP * 2) but the Darth Vader black series helmet is selling for £50 (RRP / 2)! So do you gamble that this helmet will fail to sell at retail and wait for sale?

I know that I will be ordering this first day, the Poe Dameron helmet is cool and all but this Red 5 helmet is the royal crown of Star Wars fandom . . .

Reaction score
Picked up the Kylo Ren helmet in TK Maxx cheap and was impressed with the quality (and fit) so I grabbed the Poe Dameron helmet off Amazon when it came out at RRP £70.

The Storm Trooper black series lids are currently retailing at £130 (RRP * 2) but the Darth Vader black series helmet is selling for £50 (RRP / 2)! So do you gamble that this helmet will fail to sell at retail and wait for sale?

I know that I will be ordering this first day, the Poe Dameron helmet is cool and all but this Red 5 helmet is the royal crown of Star Wars fandom . . .
It's hard to say. Non of the prior helmets have sold out, with the exception of the Kylo Ren helmet. Though the prices have gone up and down on them. It's hard to use past examples since they are different helmets. In my opinion this Luke helmet is the one most everyone will want. My gut is telling me it will be around and not sell out, and it may go down in price some. But, the fan in me is simply going to buy this helmet day 1 with no regrets.

BTW, I'm assuming you bought the Kylo Ren helmet a long time ago and at a TJ Maxx in the UK?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, shouldn't this helmet be coming out for TFF? I almost forgot about it.

Reaction score
Target isn’t doing the midnight madness thing. Fandom has taken a nosedive.

Reaction score
Rcvd mine yesterday from Amazon but did not have a chance to open it last night.

Reaction score
Target isn’t doing the midnight madness thing. Fandom has taken a nosedive.
In my country (Malaysia), when there is a release of a SW movie, Force Fridays are always a fun filled events with many fans and collectors look forward to and line up outside toy stores in anticipation to purchase the new SW toys. This year, for the very first time, there was hardly any festivities. Fandom has indeed took a nosedive.

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday! looks great on my shelf next to my Poe dameron and Vader lids. Fits really good too!

Reaction score
Mine just arrived this morning from Amazon. It a hard to believe the price for something so nice. This is definitely closer to prop replica than you. They did a great job of making the button for the sounds not stick out like a sore thumb. This is a no brainer purchase for me.!

Reaction score
Really trying to show restraint and wait a little on this. Already spent my limit this month on toys.

Reaction score
Really trying to show restraint and wait a little on this. Already spent my limit this month on toys.
Same, though it helps that I haven't actually seen one in stores yet. Definitely want one, but I'm Not actively seeking it out at this point, but I know if I saw one I wouldn't be able to resist.

Reaction score
To be honest i saw it in thinkgeek and it looks cheap. The paint instead of decals kills it for me. If you look at screenshots of lukes helmet they are clearly raised. I am starting to have doubts about the Fett Helmet now after seing the paint on thos and the new trooper helmet. its a shame because I really wanted it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be honest i saw it in thinkgeek and it looks cheap. The paint instead of decals kills it for me. If you look at screenshots of lukes helmet they are clearly raised. I am starting to have doubts about the Fett Helmet now after seing the paint on thos and the new trooper helmet. its a shame because I really wanted it.

I am not sure what you really expect for a $100 bucks. Your next choice is the EFX one if you want to drop $700 + if you can find it that cheap on eBay.

Reaction score
I am not sure what you really expect for a $100 bucks. Your next choice is the EFX one if you want to drop $700 + if you can find it that cheap on eBay.
It's not the same quality and care as the previous helmets, is what I am saying. I was all about them until this one. a hundred dollars may not seem like a lot to those of us who drop a grand in a heartbeat, but honestly this feels so phoned in for that kind of money.

Reaction score
It's not the same quality and care as the previous helmets, is what I am saying. I was all about them until this one. a hundred dollars may not seem like a lot to those of us who drop a grand in a heartbeat, but honestly this feels so phoned in for that kind of money.
That's a bummer. I may have to stop by ThinkGeek and see if they have one on display. I need to see this for myself. I was pretty satisfied with prior helmets. Then again, I never paid $100 for one. I always managed to find them marked down. I think the most I paid for one was around $60 for the regular Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I Just looked at it again an hour ago, and the helmet they have is now warped, and goggles are crooked. I guess it would not survive kids playing with it. I own the original trooper helmet, and Vader one. I am so disgusted how cheap the inferno one looks too, as compared to the box art. I am not pointing out the flaws, I am genuinely disappointed because I wanted both.

Reaction score
Yup, Hasbro makes toys. I don’t think these are really made to be displayed.