Hasbro Black Series Helmets - General Discussion

Reaction score
Well, I'm from Miami. I've been costuming as a Snowtrooper since 2009. I didn't actually see snow for the first time in my life until I moved to Virginia in 2015. If people are complaining about wearing a Snowtrooper in a warm climate, well, they chose the wrong costume

LOL I know I was totally kidding bro. I live in VA (Leesburg) too. Welcome.

Reaction score
I agree, I guess I was just thinking of little kids running around in these since they are "toys". I hope they do make it and figure all the particulars out.

Reaction score
I agree, I guess I was just thinking of little kids running around in these since they are "toys". I hope they do make it and figure all the particulars out.

Honestly, I think they're likelier to do a FO Snowy helmet before a classic ESB, but that's my thought.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I never saw these before, but they look nice. I know a lot of members on here love RS Propmasters, and their helmets seem awesome:
https://www.rspropmasters.com/

Me either. I like rsp too but I found this guy and the feedback he received is great. I am really mainly looking for a Biker Scout. He told me his lead time is 2 weeks for his V3 Biker Scout. RSP is like 6-8 or something. After the Boba PCR from EFX really 2-8 weeks is NOTHING. LOL

Reaction score
I never saw these before, but they look nice. I know a lot of members on here love RS Propmasters, and their helmets seem awesome:
https://www.rspropmasters.com/

Yes, I provided some assistance to them when they were developing their current Snowtrooper helmet for production. Their Snowtrooper helmet is cast off an original but unfinished ESB production Made Snowtrooper helmet. To add, they are also providing it with accurate cowl material.

So in terms of accuracy of the sculpt, it doesn't get better than the RS currently.

Reaction score
Me either. I like rsp too but I found this guy and the feedback he received is great. I am really mainly looking for a Biker Scout. He told me his lead time is 2 weeks for his V3 Biker Scout. RSP is like 6-8 or something. After the Boba PCR from EFX really 2-8 weeks is NOTHING. LOL
I guess it depends on what you are looking for then. Clearly the site you showed offer a quick turnaround and a more reasonable price. But RS seem to take their time and charge a bit more for quality (from what others have said about them across the board).

I agree, I waited 12 weeks for my EFX Boba helmet. I am waiting 12 weeks for another helmet that is being built. So 2 weeks is impressive!

Reaction score
For those of you still looking for the Black Series Darth Vader Helmet...Big bad Toy Store has just got some in stock.....and poof they sold out in about a week.
Amazon has 13 left at 99.00, with free shipping if you have prime. https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Pr...ries+darth+vader+helmet&qid=1580819307&sr=8-1

I saw a bunch of Vader helmets at a couple Toys"R"us locations in the city last Friday. Up here they're the equivalent of $112 USD. I didn't pull the trigger, tho I was tempted.

Reaction score
Just recieved the Vader helmet, and man... this is an awesome piece for the "smaller" wallet 🤩

Love the interior details, altough I most proberbly will touch it up a little with some paint here and there 😉

The three-part-build is great feature and the soundeffect are great too. Just wish the breathing sound would last little longer. Only a voice change would have made the extra.

Fit is great too, better as the Stormie, it just gets pretty hot, pretty fast in there 😋😂

Only thing the bugs me, it too big for my closed shelf and it will end up, being a daily duster-job 🤣🤣🤣

Next on me preorder list, Boba Fett 😉

Reaction score
Trying to find out...is the Black Series Vader helmet the ROTJ version or a different one?

Reaction score
They have the Black Series ShadowTrooper Helmet listed for preorder at GameStop for 99.00

Now all I need is Kylo Ren....come on Hasbro re release it!!

Reaction score
They have the Black Series ShadowTrooper Helmet listed for preorder at GameStop for 99.00

Nice. I got that one from Amazon back in 2016 (I think it was originally released back in 2016) and it's quite nice but I know a lot of people missed out on it. Seemed to be a fairly limited release. Glad to see it's getting a re-release for those who were unable to get it the first time around.

Reaction score
Nice. I got that one from Amazon back in 2016 (I think it was originally released back in 2016) and it's quite nice but I know a lot of people missed out on it. Seemed to be a fairly limited release. Glad to see it's getting a re-release for those who were unable to get it the first time around.
Yup, I was "budgeting" at the time it was released the first time, and then the price skyrocketed later. So, I'm so happy I had a chance to order one from GameStop for $99.

Now I need to justify buying the Incinerator Helmet before the same thing happens, but I just spent way to much this past weekend on everything released.

Reaction score
Head's up on the Supertrooper/Proto Boba Fett helmet in regards to the visible sculpted weathering:

Q: FANTHA TRACKS

Will the proto Boba Fett helmet be using the same mould as the original The Black Series Fett lid? You can see the sculpted weathering on the cheeks in the images you released last Friday.

A: HASBRO

Due too tooling costs, only the dome will be new, to remove the sculpted yet iconic dent in the helmet. The rest of the parts are reused, so any sculpted weathering will be present.

Last edited:

Dax

Reaction score
Well to be fair, it's a budget helmet designed to be played with. If we want a flawless prop replica then we should be prepared to pay the extra money for smaller runs and unique molds for each version.

Any competent customiser should be able to fill and sand the minor sculpted details and repaint without much trouble.

Reaction score
Well to be fair, it's a budget helmet designed to be played with. If we want a flawless prop replica then we should be prepared to pay the extra money for smaller runs and unique molds for each version.

Any competent customiser should be able to fill and sand the minor sculpted details and repaint without much trouble.

I'd like to learn how to do this, can you point me in the right direction?

Dax

Reaction score
I'd like to learn how to do this, can you point me in the right direction?

The RPF is one of the best sites for this type of information and tutorials: The RPF

From what I understand the Black Series helmets are made from injection molded plastic so they are likely to work quite similarly to a modern model kit. If an area is raised and you want to flatten it you can use files, sandpaper or a scraper blade to remove the height. If there's a depressed area you can fill this with various substances like liquid styrene or epoxy putty. Once dried you sand with finer grades of sanding paper till you get a smooth finish and then you paint. Essentially, you're becoming a panel beater :)

There's probably people at the RPF that already have experience working with these specific helmets (I don't have the Fett helmet yet) and can confirm which materials will work, and just as importantly which ones you shouldn't use!

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Since no one is making the .45 scale helmets anymore it would be nice for Hasbro to do them along with the black series.
I have a feeling that since the Black Series line of mini die cast helmets didn't fare well they're probably not even thinking about .45 scale. Which is unfortunate, I loved those little helmets and would love some more .45s too. Especially considering the detail they're adding into the 1:1s.

Reaction score
So Yakface is reporting that Target will partner with Galaxy's Edge to offer some of their exclusive items, one of which is a Black Series "Captain Cardinal" helmet. For those not in the know (which I confess to being), Captain Cardinal is an FO officer from the books that is basically the same design as Captain Phasma, only red (think a Sith Trooper with Phasma's cape). I find it kind of lame that Hasbro would put out this version of an FO bucket before a regular, white version (or even Phasma version)...unless one is coming and we just don't know about it yet.

Reaction score
I have the following:

Poe Dameron X-Wing
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader
Incinerator Trooper
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot

I would like to see an Imperial TIE Pilot, Zorii Bliss or a revised Kylo Ren in the future and I will be picking up the Boba Fett upon release. I'm not really interested in possessing any more Stormtrooper variants, though and I hope Hasbro comes up with new items instead of simply recycling the same old mould.

Since the above post, I've added Boba Fett and I picked up Kylo Ren for a great price.

Reaction score
So Yakface is reporting that Target will partner with Galaxy's Edge to offer some of their exclusive items, one of which is a Black Series "Captain Cardinal" helmet. For those not in the know (which I confess to being), Captain Cardinal is an FO officer from the books that is basically the same design as Captain Phasma, only red (think a Sith Trooper with Phasma's cape). I find it kind of lame that Hasbro would put out this version of an FO bucket before a regular, white version (or even Phasma version)...unless one is coming and we just don't know about it yet.

I'd expect all those helmets shorty. I am surprised Phasma wasn't released years ago.

Reaction score
Captain Cardinal does not share a helmet design with Phasma. He has a normal First Order Stormtrooper helmet and armor, painted red. The Black Series figure confirmed it as well.

If/when the Black Series Captain Cardinal helmet is released, a Black Series FO TK helmet will more than likely happen since it would just be a repaint (or I guess an "unpaint").

Reaction score
Captain Cardinal does not share a helmet design with Phasma. He has a normal First Order Stormtrooper helmet and armor, painted red. The Black Series figure confirmed it as well.

If/when the Black Series Captain Cardinal helmet is released, a Black Series FO TK helmet will more than likely happen since it would just be a repaint (or I guess an "unpaint").

TBS_firstorder_ST_helmet.jpg

Reaction score
The design brief probably said Cardinal has a red First Order Stormtrooper helmet without really needing to specify TFA or TLJ. The Battlefront Shock Trooper and Shadow Trooper designs were not based on the Rogue One helmet, but Hasbro repainted it for them anyway.

The TLJ version might be what LFL considers the standard First Order Stormtrooper helmet design now, even though most people won't even notice the differences.

The Black Series Cardinal figure has a TLJ helmet. I doubt Hasbro would make two versions of the First Order Stormtrooper helmet, and I'd wager they would make the most current design. So it'll probably be based on the TLJ version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for posting the image. I knew they had changed it, but never really knew what they actually changed. I actually prefer the Last Jedi look, hopefully that's what they give us.

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for posting the image. I knew they had changed it, but never really knew what they actually changed. I actually prefer the Last Jedi look, hopefully that's what they give us.

Yeah, Rian Johnson made the change. He felt that the TFA Stormtrooper looked a little too 'friendly' as asked that the mouth be more like the original Strormtroopers (including teeth). I MUCH prefer it, so I really hope that Hasbro go with that. If they do I'd get two, I want to weather one as per the Tread Speeder driver.

Fingers crossed they do as they have with the Cardinal figure, the TLJ version of the helmet, then so a white version too.

Reaction score
I'm on the fence on this one. I liked it during episode 7, but something about 8 & 9 ruined the appeal for me. Nothing beats the original stormtrooper helmet IMO.