Hasbro Black Series Helmets - General Discussion

Reaction score
Sorry, little lazy doing an intense search, but I didn't find a collecting thread about these "replica" line for the smaller wallets

What we've got so far:

Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron X-Wing Pilot
Stormtrooper
Shadowtrooper
Incinerator Trooper
Luke Skywalker Pilot
Darth Vader
Boba Fett ( around the corner )

What else does everyone want ? After Fett, I would love to get Biker Scout, Boushh and maybe 501st Phase2 Clone Trooper. TIE Pilot would be nice too.

Seeing that Hasbro consider repaints with the Stormtrooper, I also would love to get Wedge and/or Biggs variation of the X-Wing helmet, maybe Reys too.

Reaction score
There are some individual threads for various helmets, but I think it's better to just have 1 thread to discuss them all.

I started my collection with the Poe Dameron helmet since it was on clearance at Walmart a couple of years ago. Funny, as I recently got another one at Burlington Coat Factory for $20. I may try to repaint it later.

I try to get them when they are on clearance or on sale. So far I have:
Poe Dameron X-wing (x2)
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Shock Trooper
Luke X-wing

The only one I don't have that I would like to own is the Kylo Ren helmet. I think now it goes for crazy prices, so I don't think I'll ever pick it up. Maybe they'll do a ROS repaint with all the red lines? That would be pretty sweet if Hasbro designs it so the red weld lines light up. 👍

Reaction score
Mandalorian helmet is a must. Would rather purchase one from Hasbro than from those criminals at eFX and Anovos.

Reaction score
In my collection I have:

Kylo Ren
Stormtrooper x2
Shock Trooper
Shadow Trooper
Poe Dameron
Luke Skywalker

Does anyone know where you can find the Incinerator Trooper helmet in Canada? EE and BBTS both have it, but I'd like to avoid paying international shipping if possible.

Reaction score
Mandalorian helmet is a must. Would rather purchase one from Hasbro than from those criminals at eFX and Anovos.
Not sure about this one. Although I love the show and the character, I am not sure if I would buy this one too. It does look nice but is pretty plain too. If a silver colored Mandalorian helmet, I'd prefer Jango first.
My personal thing but its none the less a no brainer for Hasbro 😉

Reaction score
I agree with a Jango Fett before a Mando, but probably going to be the other way around. I wish we would get some ROTS Clone Commanders since the Clone Wars cartoon is going to being booting up again like Gree, Bly, Cody, etc. or even Captain Rex. The only issue there is their helmets are all unique so it isn't as easy as a new paint job.

Reaction score
I’d love for some clone BS helmets, Royal Guard, and TIE pilot.

Reaction score
I have all but the repainted Stormtrooper helmets (Shadow Trooper, Shock Trooper, Incinerator Trooper) and I love them all. I initially just got the Stormtrooper, but then picked up Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren both on sale. Got the Vader as soon as it was released and just got the Luke helmet for Christmas.

They have gotten better and better if you ask me and I can't wait for the Boba Fett helmet. I've got the old voice changer one and it has always pained me to look at it because it is nicely made and painted, but the enlarged t-visor just kills it.

After Boba...I really don't know what I would hope for. I'd probably get a Mandalorian helmet if they made one. come to think of it, a C-3P0 one would be awesome!

Reaction score
Not sure what I would wish for the next helmet? Maybe a Death Trooper or Tie Fighter Pilot? Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind some Rebel helmets like they wore on Endor or in Rogue One. Maybe they could do that Rebel helmet for a lower price point? I think the Death Trooper would be awesome because you can have that cool cryptic language they speak as a sound effect.

Reaction score
I have the following:

Poe Dameron X-Wing
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader
Incinerator Trooper
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot

I would like to see an Imperial TIE Pilot, Zorii Bliss or a revised Kylo Ren in the future and I will be picking up the Boba Fett upon release. I'm not really interested in possessing any more Stormtrooper variants, though and I hope Hasbro comes up with new items instead of simply recycling the same old mould.

Reaction score
You damn right TIE Mechanic, Zorii would be a great choice too. Hasbro should come up with her flintlock-like guns too 👍🏻

Just thought of her, a bright shiny chromed Phasma would be nice too ;)

Reaction score
Yeah, now that you mention it I'm actually surprised that we haven't gotten an F.O. Stormtrooper or Phasma bucket yet.

Reaction score
You damn right TIE Mechanic, Zorii would be a great choice too. Hasbro should come up with her flintlock-like guns too 👍🏻

Just thought of her, a bright shiny chromed Phasma would be nice too ;)

Indeed, Phasma would be a great choice! I just checked out Zorii's weapons in the Visual Dictionary and you're right, the guns would be an awesome choice!

Reaction score
I have seen pre-orders for Vader's helmet, supposed to release in February. I need that one and Kylo. Kylo Ren's second hand prices are outrageous. I also think a RoS version with red light up cracks would be awesome.

Reaction score
I have the Stormtrooper, Vader and Luke X-Wing. These are just fantastic pieces, and it's awesome to have a much less expensive alternative compared to all those higher end models available. Surprisingly good quality as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've always wanted to have quality pieces like these that were affordable. Between Hasbro, sideshow, and Hot Toys I already spend way to much on my collecting, so I never went down the high end replica rabbit hole. These really satisfy my "need". Really can't wait for the Boba Fett helmet and I am excited to see what else they offer in the future.

Reaction score
I really really hope, they someday expand this BS "Replica" line with a few roleplay-blasters too, or weapons in general. :)

Reaction score
Well, they do the lightsabers and also did the FO Stormtrooper Baton. Blasters would be cool, though I fear due to safety reasons could be off the table.

Reaction score
I have seen pre-orders for Vader's helmet, supposed to release in February. I need that one and Kylo. Kylo Ren's second hand prices are outrageous. I also think a RoS version with red light up cracks would be awesome.

Where are there pre-orders available for the Darth Vader helmet? I missed that the first time around and now I want one...

Reaction score
I agree that a line of Black Series blasters etc....would be awesome, and I am sure a good seller. They did that stupid FO baton...but nothing else I think.

Reaction score
I've run out of shelf space for my helmets so I picked up this paper towel holder today at Target to see how it would work as a stand. It's really nice, has a marble base and the top piece is also marble. They had some cheaper ones but I picked this one because the top piece is a flat disc shape, the others all had a ball at the top. Anyway, it works like a charm!

20200108_171848.jpg
20200108_171838.jpg20200108_173817.jpg20200108_173912.jpg

Reaction score
Anyone that cares the Luke X-Wing Helmet is on sale at Target RIGHT now for $67.19 (1/21/2020). If you have a Redcard, you get another 5% off obviously....

Reaction score
Does anyone on here own the Vader BS helmet? I kind of want to get it as I collect Vader items too, but it looks...off. I know it's only $110 but still curious what people think. I have seen some video reviews and it seems decent for the price.

Reaction score
I have it, it's pictured four posts up LOL! I love it. It does look off from certain angles (mainly straight on), but it really needs to be seen in 3D IMO. It's definitely an idealized version of Vader's helmet. Think ROTS more than any of the OT films. The three part break down and sound effects are awesome. Here are some more shots of mine:

IMG_9144.JPGIMG_9145.JPGIMG_9146.JPG
IMG_9149.JPG
IMG_9150.JPGIMG_9151.JPGIMG_9152.JPGIMG_9153.JPGIMG_9154.JPGIMG_9155.JPGIMG_9157.JPG

Reaction score
I have it, it's pictured four posts up LOL! I love it. It does look off from certain angles (mainly straight on), but it really needs to be seen in 3D IMO. It's definitely an idealized version of Vader's helmet. Think ROTS more than any of the OT films. The three part break down and sound effects are awesome. Here are some more shots of mine:

View attachment 343501View attachment 343502View attachment 343503
View attachment 343504
View attachment 343505View attachment 343506View attachment 343507View attachment 343508View attachment 343509View attachment 343510View attachment 343511
Thanks for sharing those! That really helps. When I originally asked I was at work, and they block photos from certain posts so I didn't see it. BTW, I use paper towel dispensers too for my helmets! They really do work well :).

Reaction score
I have a EFX Limited and love it but I do like this Black Series one once you take it apart. Love those details... for the price it is great!

Reaction score
Altough I am most excited for the upcoming Fett, I cant await to get Vader in a few days. Had a little extra coins and finaly ordered it yesterday :)

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind if they did a Snowtrooper....
Snowtroopers are awesome. I just imagine if the hood material were done in plastic and not some kind of breathable cloth, it would be an awfully hot helmet to wear. I have seen video reviews on the Vader BS helmet and people are baking inside of that one.

Reaction score
Snowtroopers are awesome. I just imagine if the hood material were done in plastic and not some kind of breathable cloth, it would be an awfully hot helmet to wear. I have seen video reviews on the Vader BS helmet and people are baking inside of that one.

:D You are supposed to be on Hoth... I guess Canada, Alaska, Green Bay or Minnesota would be prime places to own that costume.

Reaction score

Eh, I don't believe these helmets are really intended for actual costuming purposes, or at least for prolonged wear. The Vader is pretty constricting just by design, let alone the black series having a full ROTJ style neck doesn't make it better. The kylo, TK and Pilot helmets are more reasonable in terms of long term wear and easy to modify for costuming purposes.

The Snowtrooper helmet by design is not meant really have air flow but depending on cowl cut and shape, and how it fits the wearer, it will sit a particular way that is not completely sealing you off from air flow. Of course I'm talking about actually replicating the screen used helmets. For a toy, I can't see them actually using a hard plastic (unless they're basing it off of the Snowtrooper Commander helmet) as it just would not wear right, let alone comfortably. In addition, the Anovos replica they put out actually used an unnecessary and stiff plastic material for the cowl, and if that's any measure of what they would do for a black series helmet, then may god help us all.

Reaction score
:D You are supposed to be on Hoth... I guess Canada, Alaska, Green Bay or Minnesota would be prime places to own that costume.

Well, I'm from Miami. I've been costuming as a Snowtrooper since 2009. I didn't actually see snow for the first time in my life until I moved to Virginia in 2015. If people are complaining about wearing a Snowtrooper in a warm climate, well, they chose the wrong costume