Hasbro 3.75"/1:18 TVC VC163 Shadow Trooper + TSC Shadow Stormtrooper | A.B.@.H's figure sharing

Reaction score
Hi guys, sharing my experience on Hasbro's The Vintage Collection VC163 Shadow Trooper which is based on the Star Wars Battlefront video game, plus The Saga Collection 3.75" Shadow Stormtrooper which is based on the Crimson Empire comic. Cheers~

Reaction score
I have a partly off topic question on the Shadow Trooper: Hot Toys (and others) are promoting the Shadow Trooper as a figure from "a New Hope". However, I can't recall this black stormtrooper aka shadow trooper from that movie, and can not find any screencaps. I know him from games and comics, but not the original trilogy.

Can anyone clearify?

Reaction score
I have a partly off topic question on the Shadow Trooper: Hot Toys (and others) are promoting the Shadow Trooper as a figure from "a New Hope". However, I can't recall this black stormtrooper aka shadow trooper from that movie, and can not find any screencaps. I know him from games and comics, but not the original trilogy.

Can anyone clearify?
Hmm.. care to share a link or screenshot mentioning Hot Toys promoting it as 'A New Hope' ? Cause so far i have yet to find it 😳

i do believe though that in the action figure scene, it's very common to release a black / shadow version of a figure (although in this case it's actually incorporated in other medium such as video game and comic or perhaps novel etc) to be released as an exclusive / limited release with special colorway. For example: Bandai's SHFigurearts 2015 Shadow Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
You may be right - I filed it as "A new Hope" as in their press release, they were mentioning ANH:
"Following the official announcement of the Hot Toys Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope: 1/6th scale Stormtrooper Collectible Figure which has been popular among fans, Hot Toys is now pleased to present a specialized soldier of the Galactic Empire – the 1/6th scale Shadow Trooper Collectible Figure as one of the Hot Toys Exclusive items."

Still, I wonder where the picture on the card of your Hasbro Shadow Trooper came from. It looks like from a movie, pointing me further into that direction. But I think I misinterpreted, and this is only a game / novel / comic trooper (so far).

Thanks, and nice review!