Happy Days. The Fonz was a creeper

Reaction score
So how old exactly was The Fonz supposed to be in the show anyway?

He was a bit of a creeper hanging around high schoolers at a diner

Reaction score
I believe he was supposed to be just slightly older than Richie and the gang, at least originally. Mr. & Mrs. Cunningham essentially become his adoptive parents and treated him like a surrogate son. I believe he was intended to be in his late teens at the start, having graduated, or dropped out late in his high school career, and then went to work instead of continuing his education--a fact that somehow didn't stop him from being a teacher later in the series. In the early episodes, Mr. Cunningham's interactions with him display far more parental concern than they would be later in the series, but by that time the Fonz was a massive cultural phenomenon (truly unlike anything you see nowadays--this coming from someone who had Fonzie t-shirts, posters, a lunch box, record albums and other items), which completely changed the direction and makeup of the show.

Bottom line is that he wasn't a creeper. It was a show in the 70s portraying life in the 50s, with a character who was supposed to be 18-19 years old hanging out with 16-17 year olds. Plus, for several years he was literally the coolest human being on the planet.

Reaction score
Happy Days indeed...... Just don't ask what happened to Chuck. Some things you just don't want to know.

Evil bastards!

Reaction score
henry winkler was born in 1945; ron howard was born in 1954.

so, yeah. fonzie was a creeper

Reaction score
Well believe or not . I still have my full size standing wall plug in Fonz pinball machine. It's made by coleco and is free standing about 5 foot tall to top of the back of machine. And still works great too.

Reaction score
Fonzie was a high school dropout not much older than Richie. In fact there are episodes with Fonzie pre leather jacket in school with the gang.