Hangars and Mash, one panel comics.

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me about a book, The War of Art. It would seem that I don't need to read it, as I'm already very much at war with the subject. Strangely, I also practice the theories in the book, too. This week is proof...

Reaction score
Inspiration hit me again. I wasn't looking and it clobbered me hard. I'd press charges, but I didn't get a good look at 'im. All I've got is one massive shiner, and everybody here believes I gave it to myself as a desperate act for attention.

It's true. When I get a new action figure, the first thing I do with it is see if I can make it look like it needs to use the toilet. Most fail the test.

Reaction score
The days of the week have all meshed together for me again....

Happy Wedurday, everybody!

Was never satisfied with this one. Decided to cut my loses and move on. That stupid sphere is frustratingly difficult to photograph without getting too much reflection - either light or yourself. I think I've since then tossed it into the "other toys" box and forgotten about its existence, like my in-laws try to do with me. They fail. I'm still really annoying.

Reaction score
Shipwreck finished his mourning for his parrot, Claire made it to safety, Star Wars figures are getting harder to find, Fortnite is getting easier, and my Force Link 1.0 still always tells me that I'm a dead man!

I think that sums things up for this week.

Also, I just watched the film 2012. Was that film supposed to be a comedy, or am I just sick? The limo scene through LA. Oh, my. I couldn't stop laughing.

Reaction score
Today I watched the 90's flick "Bram Stoker's Dracula" by Francis Ford Coppola. It's the first time I've watched this film in 20 years. It left me with a serious question. You are Francis Ford Coppola. There are only a handful of directors who can be mentioned in the same context as you (as a positive). Why in the world did you A.) cast Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder, and B.) ask them to do "British" accents. Did somebody hold a gun to your head? Was this the film that killed your career? I think I know why. "Like, I, CaHn't, like, find the way to totally get out of Romania, but, like, I'd totally find NinaH if I could...." Keanu was so bad, he made Winona look good. He was so bad, he made "Richard" Van Dyke's cockney accent from Mary Poppins sound really good. (did the profanity checker blot-out the name for the low-class English accent?) I'd criticize Winona's accent, but it seemed to disappear half-way through the film.

I also wondered why Gary Oldman, a guy who is normally solid, was playing a Romanian, but his accent was a strange mix of Russian meets German. I suppose they just told him to be "foreign." Anywhooo.....

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro,
I am tired of your current business model, and have decided to stop spending money on your current toys. I have instead decided to spend my money on things that are slightly easier to find, all of the Sears exclusive items from the 1980's. It might be a little more expensive than what you're asking for your own items, but just slightly.

Signed,
me.

Sadly, I wouldn't mind giving Hasbro the cash, but they don't give me any reasons to do so. I mean, there isn't a store in THE COUNTRY where I live that will stock new Star Wars merch.

*sigh*

anywhoo...

On the other hand, my daughter just discovered Frozen, so I'm going to have my hands full trying to talk her out of wanting any of that stuff.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Hopefully she can let it go.

On the flip side, with your photoshop skills you can easily turn Elsa's ice castle into Dr Manhattan's Mars retreat. The purple guy from Street fighter makes a decent Doc.

Reaction score
On the flip side, with your photoshop skills you can easily turn Elsa's ice castle into Dr Manhattan's Mars retreat. The purple guy from Street fighter makes a decent Doc.
Which purple guy is that? Is it the stuff from Jawares, or do you reference the old Hasbro stuff? I don't think Hasbro made a purple dude from that line.

However, I think taking the Frozen fortress of solitude-villainy-empowerment....ummm...whatever it is....was it defined? I don't think it was defined. Was she still the queen? A queen who didn't care about the welfare of her subjects - hence all the nasty cold. Nothing says you care about your people like giant, mean snow monsters! Did she let it go, and was now no longer the queen, making her sister the queen instead. Thus there'd be no reason for the redhead to go looking for the blond girl. When you think about it, didn't the blond girl get angry with the redhead because the redhead did something impulsive and decided to marry a dude she'd just met? Wouldn't leaving your kingdom, covering the world with ice and just saying "$#@* it!" be slightly impulsive? just slightly?

At least it had a catchy song (to some people - the line, "the cold never bothered me anyways" is just too jarring and out of place for me both lyrically and musically.)
AND at least it had lots of merchandise.

and on that note, I feel that taking the Frozen fortress of whatever it was and turning it into a giant man cave would completely defeat the purpose of Frozen. I like it! However, Hasbro would still get money from me, as would Disney. I think I'll just like it in spirit rather than in finance.

anywhoo...

Did you know that one of the reasons why they did a reboot of the series rather than installment three was because they didn't want the female cast to be simply given the already existing jobs. They wanted the girls to earn the work. The irony, of course, is that what they didn't want to do in the movie, they did in real life by rebooting, giving the new cast the fame of the already existing franchise. Ah, I wander.

Utinniii

Reaction score
But what a "wander"ful mind you have.

Yes, the Jawares figures, although Body Chan (Shin-Arts) has an even better figure.

I found the castle in a thrift shop for $2 and don't feel that I overpaid too badly.

Reaction score
I looked at the clock last week. It read 2:00AM. I thought, "I'll post tomorrow." That tomorrow, obviously, never came. So, I'm a week late. Yup.

In my defense, I'm extremely lazy.

Reaction score
I missed another week. This time, though, I might have a better excuse. My third....THIRD....oye...child was born last week and I found myself quite busy with her and the other two kids.

We named this one "Oh Crap Darth****ensian."

With her coming into existence, my studio space and free time have both shrunk considerably. My wife feels no guilt about this as, for some reason, she feels this is mostly my fault. She might be right.

I also came to another odd conclusion this blessed triple force friday. I originally collected these toys because I liked them. Then, I started buying more of these toys to make these comics. Then I started buying only for these comics. I still kept an eye on what was coming out, but it had to fit with these comics. Now that I really don't like what Hasbro and LFL are offering, I feel my interest in even working on these comics is waning. I still enjoy them, but there's nothing new for me to buy. OK OK OK, one of the TFF figures fits my themes perfectly, and I have tried to order it. We'll see if I get it or not.

Honestly, the only things on the market that excite me anymore are the silly Fortnite figures, and even then, most of them are not super exciting to me, either. I do want the Ralphie costume.

I took all my extra cash and bought all the 80's GIJoe things I always wanted but never got. ....almost.... my wife still won't let me shell out for the Flagg....not yet. I'll break her.

anyways, enough about my life....here's more of the stuff you probably came for....

I really like this Wampa figure. Hasbro can still good work from time to time.

Reaction score
I wasn't going to do anything special this year for Halloween like I did last year, but I couldn't get rid of the notion. So, today four ideas finally came to me, and I decided to see if I could get them done.

I did, but the photoshop work isn't very good. True, I'm proud of the work I can do, but I suspect that any competent graphic designer looks and my stuff and cringes.

Anywhoo....
here are four brand new images......

Reaction score
Life is getting a bit busy here. Three kids, lack of sleep, work, and trying to learn a new hobby. I'll try to maintain the original schedule.

BTW, is there a way to see the real total of views for a thread, and not just a total rounded up to the nearest 1000? I track that to see if people are actually looking at what I do, to justify the time spent.

Lookie here! The big 1k.

Reaction score
Getting it done early today with a couple of minty fresh images, too. I wanted to do some images with an unknown character from the upcoming flick. So, I figured I'd better get those made and posted before the film comes out in case the character is awesome/horrible/waste of screen time, and my pictures wouldn't make sense. At least now, for the next two months, they work....