Hangars and Mash, one panel comics.

Reaction score
A person, if so inclined, could probably even successfully argue that nothing new has been added to music theory since Beethoven. Yes, new instruments and styles, but nothing new in theory. So, a person could argue that music reached its pinnacle in the 1850s.

And I had to use "John." I have no idea how I'd make a "Paul" figure.

Since today's posting falls on a "special" day, I made new images *Just* for today. woooo....woooooo

Reaction score
I really like this group, but I love Halloween and Spidey and the Great Pumpkin and some Joes so it all fits together really well.
All very good concepts for each joke as well.

Reaction score
I'm glad you like the images.

I had originally wanted to have Yarna blowing her nose. I couldn't get the handkerchief to look the way I wanted, so I went with plan B, a trumpet.

Utinniii

Reaction score

I had originally wanted to have Yarna blowing her nose. I couldn't get the handkerchief to look the way I wanted, so I went with plan B, a trumpet.

Or you could have gone with plan triple D and have her just bending over in a way that Kirk would find both perplexing and arousing.

Your Halloween ones were really funny as well. I didn't comment earlier because seeing JOL in 3.75 scale just made me angry with jealousy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went to bed early today. I really needed the sleep. So, predictably, events in my household pulled me from that deep, nice slumber just 2 hours in. I decided to bake a pie, finish watching season 7 of Voltron, and then, out of the blue, I remembered that I still need to post.

So, here I am.

4:00AM. Need to get up in 3 hours. I wonder if I'll be able to get back to sleep.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Rainbow Dash just needs to run around getting wacked on Scooby Snacks.

You can make a variation of 840 with the Joker and pale moon light.

Are you still creating new photos, or just reposting the old ones?

Reaction score
You can make a variation of 840 with the Joker and pale moon light.
There is one. I thought I posted it with the last group, but it's still on the way.

Are you still creating new photos, or just reposting the old ones?
I don't think I've posted any of these here before. True, most of these are about a year old, but most people have never seen them before. I am working on new stuff, but I have slowed down a lot. Other interests have crept back in, music, woodworking (yeah, odd), my kids demand attention, my wife wonders if I still exist, I think I have an actual job in there somewhere, too, etc. etc. etc.

I've been working on my Christmas stuff (for next year) of late. I hope it's still topically accurate when it's time to debut.

My hatred of The Last Jedi is still up and coming. I posted them on FB for my friends, but they're mostly tucked away until it's their turn. It will make me look like an out of touch copy-cat, but that's fine.

The Halloween photos were all new that week. I felt like posting them as I thought of them as the holiday matched the release date. Who knows if it will happen again.

Reaction score
Here we are, the last post of the year.

I hope you like it.

858c 01

858c 02

858c 03

858c 04

858c 05

858c 06

858c 07

858c 08

858c 09

858c 10

858c 11

858c 12

858c 13

Thanks for looking and have a merry Christmas.

I'll be back somewhere in the middle of January, 2019.

Reaction score
It's amazing the ideas that pop into your head when you're laying on a table, suffering the effects of a painkiller that just doesn't work while a metal coil only a plumber would use is shoved firmly up your....

Reaction score
It would seem that I am fully back in the habit of almost forgetting to post again. I completely forgot what day it was today.

And here I get a little nervous. My displeasure with TLJ debuts on this site here...making me look like I'm really late. They were debuted elsewhere a year ago, and I just kept them in my normal release order. No, I didn't like the film. If you did, good for you.

I know some of you can/will nitpick this panel, so I created a follow up...

[rant]
The moment I saw this sequence in the film, I realized how stupid it was. Nothing natural would cause those bombs to "fall." If they were sent there by a targeting system, or an engine, then why would they even need the bombers in the first place? Just send them across space as a kind-of Tholian web. They blow up any ship that comes too close, and if they reach the enemy fleet, they will cause lots of damage. If the enemy has to spend time blowing them all up, the good guys have the opportunity to escape without losing a ship. Sending needlessly slow bombers to drop a payload they can't possibly just "drop" makes absolutely no sense.

Don't even get my started on how dumb the "chase" sequence was. "Hey, Huxx, can we send a few ships into hyperspace to get those ships ahead of the enemy fleet, to wait for them? What if we had some flank them from hyperspace, too? OH, what if we take a light freighter with a droid pilot and have it go to hyperspace through the enemy ships like a torpedo? That, I guess, works now." OR EVEN... "How many TIE fighters does this fleet have? SEND THEM ALL!"

By the way, is anybody else trying to figure out what, where, when, how, and why the current Star Wars universe is? The new cartoon has left me more confused than before. J.J. Abrams got me wondering where in the universe we were, as no aliens were familiar outside of a handful of named guys, no planets, no ships, nothing. (I know, he wanted everything to be new.) Still... where are we? Is it the galaxy next door to the Republic? Is it the same galaxy? Then, the Last Jedi comes along, and I'm struggling even more to figure out these things. OH, there's a new cartoon that takes place before TFA. Surely, that will clear things up. Well....There's the Republic, which has an army. There's the First Order, which seems to be completely unknown, and not seen as a threat to The Republic by the leaders of the Republic. But, there's a resistance. The Resistance! Which isn't the army of the Republic, and is opposed to The First Order, even though they don't seem to know anything about them....leaders, locations, how they govern, etc.etc.etc. What, exactly, are they resisting? Why aren't they just the covert branch of the Army of the Republic. I suppose some hyper-Star-Wars nerd out there can tell me which books, comics, games, etc. explain this all away, but that would only make me more, well, upset. One of the things I absolutely respected about Lucas in the Original trilogy was the fact that he wanted everything to be self-contained. The average viewer should be able to watch the movies, and only the movies, and know what's going on. (he clearly abandoned that with the prequels.... Count Who? Dooku? where'd he come from? General what? Grevious? Should we know who that is? both introduced at the start of a new movie as if we already know them. ugh.) anyways... I rant. Star Wars stinks right now.
[/rant]

Utinniii

Reaction score
Shemproff wasn't available?

I get the problems people have with TLJ although the bomb dropping ship isn't one I share. There was gravity inside the ship so the bombs could drop (possibly even with acceleration) and keep their momentum while "falling" through space. We know airlocks have seals so people can walk by open doors without being sucked into space. We saw that when the Falcon first entered the first Death Star. Just because Poe used the ships in space doesn't mean that was their primary purpose.

I was more disturbed from the TIE taking out 2 of them while still reeling from Poe's "yer momma" joke.

Reaction score
A store near me put all their Star Wars stuff on clearance. They were the last ones to do so. I bought a Force Link 1.0 for 4 USD just to see how it worked. I can see it now....

Kylo Ren confronts Poe in a muddy swamp. Poe has nowhere to run. As Kylo moves in for the kill he says...*waves force link* "Show me the dark side." To this, Poe naturally replies *waves force link over Poe* "VRROOOOOOOOM."

Oh, yes. When I was a child, I always had fun-filled games with my pull string toys. Oh, the epic battles they had. That's what this thing is. A high-tech pull string doll.

I think I over-paid at 4USD.

(Some of these stores have had the same inventory since The Force Awakens. I would be genuinely shocked if they carried anything for the next movie. It feels like it'll be the similar to the third Hobbit film with no retailers willing to stock the merch, killing the line. It might be different in other countries, but I think Star Wars is dead here.)

I'm off to see what words of wisdom Kylo Ren has for a hungry Rathtar!

Reaction score
We'll see if I have any friends at the end of this post...

I had the idea for this panel many years ago, right after I had started making them. It took me a long time to actually make it because I saw two very similar jokes on Southpark shortly after I thought it up. Eventually, I decided that mine was different enough that I wouldn't be perceived as copying. And if people still think I copied? Ehhh. What can I do about it?

Too obscure?

Reaction score
I would have posted a little earlier today, but I got caught up in some "research." I was reading a bit about Bad Robot's deals with Star Trek, and then Star Wars. Is it true that JJ Abrams and Bad Robot got/get a share of the merchandise from their new films? If it is, that fully explains to me why JJ wanted everything to be new in TFA...First Order, Resistance, Supreme Leader Snoke, and all the aliens being pointlessly new - with, as I've pointed out before - no familiar aliens anywhere to be seen....Rodians, etc. If it's true, I think it's sad. From a business point of view, for him, it makes sense. As a fan, it shows me that they don't respect the material, or us.

anyways.... I'll stop ranting and speculating again...

Don't worry. My dislike of this film will only stretch a few more weeks.

Reaction score
I have decided to self-censor myself this week. I'm only going to post a couple more jokes about TLJ, and then move on. I don't want to risk an artery in somebody's brain popping because I tried to make a joke. I have several more panels, but they'll just get filed.

Am I the only one who thinks she's just awful when acting? Her delivery in the Star Wars films feels like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
I'm sure she's absolutely lovely in real life.

Yeah, I know I'm a jerk for making this joke, and I know the admiral isn't accurate because that's not an action figure of her. It's all I have.

I'm also going to be moving from country to country next week - mostly to avoid the bullets of those who take everything too seriously - but as a result, I'm not going to post anything next week. Enjoy your time without me. Remember to breath while you rant about what a jerk I am. Don't want you turning red and passing out. You might hit your head on something.

Reaction score
Somebody here gave me the idea for the Ewoks vs Smurfs years ago. I'm, honestly, not entirely sure who it was anymore. I always kept my eyes out for Smurf figures that I liked that I didn't think were overpriced. Having found and bought them, I now have no idea where they went as my daughter has developed a great love for the blue creatures. I think she is harboring them in a safe haven somewhere, probably under the couch, in order to save them from the carnivorous Ewoks.

I'm sure this has probably already been done somewhere by someone else. I wanted to make my own anyways.

Reaction score
It makes me rather sad to see that I'm the last man standing in this forum. I do wish the other long-time posters were still here. It's not the same without them. Having said that, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to do this, either. Very soon, I'll lose half of my studio space - temporarily - and in late September, I'll lose most-to-all of my extra time. My desire to create new images is rather dry these days, too. Also, I'm not quiet about how irritated I am with Hasbro and Star Wars in general these days. If they don't want to make things I feel are worth buying, let alone even able to find in retail, I won't give them any money.

With all of that combined, I looked at how many images I have in my back catalogue, and I see that I have enough images to take me to the end of this year, including Christmas. It creates a very tempting thought that the end of the year might be the end of this series.

We'll see how I feel next week.

((my four year old daughter absolutely loves the 1980's He-Man cartoons. she keeps asking me to get her the figures. I just can't spend collector level prices on things she's going to play with and destroy.))

All of my 1980's He-Man toys are long gone. Imagine the H on his belt stands for a new version of the character.

Reaction score
I had a few more ideas this week, and I even had time to shoot them. Now, I just need to wait a few months to find the time to put them together.

I also just bought a few Fortnite figures. I know almost nothing about the game, but I like the figures a lot. Sure, they're a little more cartoony than the average Star Wars figure, but I *could* find these at retail for realistic prices. I'll bite on that.

Now, if I could just find a He-Man in 3.75 scale with a good sculpt, good articulation, and reasonable price. My daughter actually asked for He-Man for her birthday. She'll be five.

I ramble..

Reaction score
I will be away from home for the next 3 weeks. So, I won't be posting again until the end of June. I'll probably update my other thread before I leave.

Reaction score
I'm back from my wanderings. It's sad. Everything about my trip was good except US airport security. THAT was humiliatingly bad. I had 3 bags of old GIJoes, 2 bags of chocolate donuts, a tube of European M&M's, 2 cheese sandwiches, and a bag of goldfish crackers, and the people at security needed to look at every single item in detail - open them and look at each and every piece - in my bag as if each and every thing I owned was an explosive, heroin, anthrax, and cooties all in one. It took over 25 minutes for me to get through the security check. I can't get the image out of my head of the idiot at "security" looking at the non-English text on my items and screaming like I was about to blow up the universe. He even called in TWO experts to try to confirm what he was thinking about me.

What they didn't look at? The liquid I left in my bag. The medications in my bag. It would seem that the greatest threats to US air travel are things that keep you from paying extortion prices for food and drink in the terminals.

I guess some jobs don't even require a G.E.D.

As I contemplate never visiting the US again, let me present this week's offerings...

Utinniii

Reaction score
Some of my worst airport experiences were with American Airports and airlines.
Slug bug made me laugh, and feel old.
I don't get 930 (probably due to my age) but imagine there is singing involved.

Reaction score
I bought a table saw IRL yesterday. Haven't managed to get it set up yet. Let's see how long it takes me to lose a finger!