Hangars and Mash, my one panel comics

Reaction score
I'm still stuck in the toilet.

This is one of my all-time favorites. Fear Not! That is not actually Wolvie's hind quarters. I drew said butt cheeks in photoshop by hand. I wonder if Hasbro has considered this as an action figure option. I mean, they have Old Man Logan, X-Force Wolverine, Bright yellow costume, Dark brown costume, Jim Lee era uniform, Wild Sasquatch swinging and a' slicin' Wolvie, etc. Why not add one more?

Now, I'm sure "Pooping Wolverine" or "'Pop-a-squat' action Wolvie" or even "The Scattastic Logan" might not fly off the shelves, but what if they name it "Full Moon Wolverine?" I mean, it would fit with his animal element, and put him in the trendy werewolf genre? Might even get a Twilight fan or two. Hmmm? Hmmmm?

no? ok.

Reaction score
OK, so for several years now I'd see Hangars and Mash as the title with the most recent post for this section, whenever I'd scroll down the main forums page, seemingly everyday of the week. And I never looked. Mainly because I'm not a creative type, and tend to think that most people aren't, and therefore I don't have much interest in whatever someone does come up with, because I'm not gonna think it's of any good quality anyway. But when the Disney purchase and EU switch occurred, my main Star Wars focus slowed down, and I started to branch out into other areas of interest. With the new 6" line I started to see more pics taken and some guys were pretty good with their shots. Then they'd slip in a custom or two, and that led me to check the customs section every so often, where I then found a few cool dioramas and some great builds.
And I'd still see Hangars and Mash as the most recent post for this section. Well I finally broke down and decided to see what it was. For the past three nights I read the whole thing from the beginning.
A number of topics were unfamiliar subjects and I felt no particular affinity towards them. Some topics were not my preferred area of humor. But a great many were topics that I knew the characters and got the jokes and found them amusing and very well done.
But whether it was one that I was neutral about, or one that I found to be very good, I can say that I can see that there is a level of humor, intelligence, and creativity that is of a caliber that I personally feel the average person does not possess. It is easy for the masses to say something is funny, that they get it, that it means something in their world. But it is another thing completely to be the person creating the entity that others react to in that manner.
And you haven't just come up with a couple of funny jokes, you've run off a series into several topical areas that revisit themselves and each other, and build upon themselves. There are more than a few drops in your bucket, you have a well of creativity that you have drawn from. Then there is also the photography and the editing and Photoshop which I know nothing about, but have to think there is a lot of skill there as well.
I think I am most impressed with your creativity of thought. Besides the cartoons, the longer holiday posts and running gag themes as well as your commentary about always being late, what was on your mind, etc. show that there is a lot going on in your mind, you are not some vapid person just wandering through each day.
I am glad that you took the number of views to be a sign that you had followers as ReallyMe was the only one posting consistently for quite a while. Hopefully my comments will belatedly help make you feel that your efforts the past few years were worth it, as I enjoyed reading them all from the beginning, these past three nights.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sizzler, those were some of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts.

I've found that creativity behaves very much like any other muscle. When I started creating these things all those years ago, I would have outburst of creative thoughts, and then nothing for months. One day I was browsing through my images, looked at the dates of creation, and was impressed at how many I'd pushed out in such a short time. Then, I challenged myself to make 4 new images each week, funny or not. Some weeks it was quite difficult to make 4 of them. Other weeks were easy. The more I did this, though, the easier it was to create new images. Four per week became easy, then I'd get 5, 8, 10, etc. The more I used the creative "muscle," the more it grew. I'm positive this can happen to anybody.

alright, alright, enough of my prattling.

here are the next batch.

Reaction score
It took me a long time to get the page to load today. I almost gave up, but then the page loaded and all was well. Well, that is until you see my childishness this week.

huh-boy

Yeah, I went into the gutter a bit here, but - honestly - I can't look at Ki-Adi Mundi and not think he just has a giant... well, you know... for a head.

I'm sick, I know.

I know.

Reaction score
... I really like this GI Joe batch. I can hear Destro's voice from the 80's cartoon in the first one, and Cobra Commander screaming about the coffee in the last. ...
Yeah, I was partial to this group, myself. I know that red hooded Cobra Commander isn't the most popular figure, but it's my favorite version of that character.

Getting my post up early this week as I'm about to head out of town.

This one has a "high nerd" level easter egg.

I went back and forth on adding text from the "boogie" saying, "Don't swallow me! I'll swallow your soul!!!" But I decided it was too much work and would spoil the image to have text in it. So, I post it as an afterthought.

Reaction score
Holy cow, is it time again?
I forgot to comment on last week. In the first one, I didn't recognize the character as being the Flash, so 'hot Flashes' took me until the next one to know they were the Flash... and I don't know if I agree about 'hot'... :grin:
Then Bloody Knuckles with Thanos is great! Thanos' hand is still in a fist, and up higher, and with the tilt of his head, it is like he is moving slowly, he is very tentative about the whole thing. Meanwhile, the Flash's hand is already out, extended fully and level, and the way he is looking at his hand is like he's locked in on the game's starting position. Like he is thinking, "Come on, come on, come on already, let's go, go, go!"

Then this week, Chosen Poorly with Kirk, this is really good. There's something greater than just what it is. You often mix all genres so there's nothing new there. But try looking at it as simply a space scene. Kirk is making moves on Yarna, and anyone 'in universe' might think he's making a bad choice. However we the viewer are looking at this as a cartoon, we are not 'in universe,' but we may just as well think it was a bad choice. But in our world of memes, we could probably recall that famous line from the Last Crusade, the guard saying, "He chose poorly."
So if you look at Kirk first, that scene with the guard comes to mind. Then if you look to the right, it is almost like he materializes into the scene to create a living meme 'in universe.' Because the other three are from a space universe, and you can go with it and blend them into a joint universe. But he is the odd man out. Star Trek is our future, Star Wars is a long time ago, but both are developed into space travel with technology. He is from a much less developed age, and that exact character is specifically known for basically what transpires around delivering that line. So he stands out from the rest, yet is the perfect character to deliver the punch line.
I might almost post it as two panels. First we laugh at Kirk making the moves on Yarna, and develop our own thoughts. Then in the second panel of Luke and the guard, we see the perfect character deliver the punch line.

Human Cyborg relations is good, but almost has me thinking along the lines of that riddle, something about I have two coins that total 30 cents, and one isn't a quarter. The answer is a nickel and a quarter. When someone says one wasn't supposed to be a quarter, you say yes, the nickel is the one that wasn't a quarter.
Anyway, I was thinking of 3PO talking to two beings, you aren't a human, you aren't a cyborg, where one or even both could be exactly those, except they are the opposite of the order 3PO says them. What helps deliver the punch is what characters you might choose, how odd a pairing it might be, and the fact that 3PO is being difficult and a jerk to one or both by double talking his way out of helping them.
Because in the original I had to think a second about who he was talking to, in what order, and I'm still not sure. Greedo is neither a human nor a cyborg. Yet this Terminator is not a cyborg because he's just a robot with no living parts or flesh 'coverings', and just putting on a dress doesn't make him a human. Unless he's got flesh under the dress, in which case you are really adding in the layers of depth to your jokes.

And the 'chosen poorly' joke is revisited with the tattoo, still comical, but lesser than the Kirk version, in my eyes.

Your creativity continues to thrive.

Reaction score
Then this week, Chosen Poorly with Kirk, ... But in our world of memes, we could probably recall that famous line from the Last Crusade, the guard saying, "He chose poorly."
Yeah, I'm sure there is a meme of this character doing something like this that people can post/send in times of dire need. I hadn't thought of that when I came up with the image. I don't pay too much attention to memes these days. I think what I do is a little better - i have to, my ego won't allow another option. However, having said that, I do know that not every idea I have is unique to me. I'm surprised I've gone as long as I have without somebody saying, "So-and-so already did this, you hack!" Ok, having gone as long as I have without hearing that phrase too often.

You also forgot to mention that Kirk is quoting Ash Williams, using the most powerful line of seduction known to man!

I might almost post it as two panels. First we laugh at Kirk making the moves on Yarna, and develop our own thoughts. Then in the second panel of Luke and the guard, we see the perfect character deliver the punch line.
Yeah, that could work as a 2-3 panel strip, probably better than what I did.

And the 'chosen poorly' joke is revisited with the tattoo, still comical, but lesser than the Kirk version, in my eyes.
Oh, you'll not be happy in coming weeks. He keeps popping up like a scratched record. (spoiler)Then, eventually, he joins up with a group of literal trolls and starts running amok. (spoiler)

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure there is a meme of this character doing something like this that people can post/send in times of dire need. I hadn't thought of that when I came up with the image. I don't pay too much attention to memes these days. I think what I do is a little better - i have to, my ego won't allow another option. However, having said that, I do know that not every idea I have is unique to me. I'm surprised I've gone as long as I have without somebody saying, "So-and-so already did this, you hack!" Ok, having gone as long as I have without hearing that phrase too often.

You also forgot to mention that Kirk is quoting Ash Williams, using the most powerful line of seduction known to man!
Yeah, that could work as a 2-3 panel strip, probably better than what I did.

Oh, you'll not be happy in coming weeks. He keeps popping up like a scratched record. (spoiler)Then, eventually, he joins up with a group of literal trolls and starts running amok. (spoiler)
Oh, I hate the whole meme culture. I think it is lazy and contributing to the breaking down of language and conversation.
I have seen one or two that I thought were great, but I don't look at conversation to find little examples from elsewhere to plug in instead of expressing myself.
And I won't be the one to notice much if you copy an idea because I don't follow satire or memes or the like.

I didn't pick up on the quote initially. I laughed and then went on to the whole guard thing. You could do a follow up, Luke and the guard walking down a hotel hall past a door with a room number (maybe the number is a joke too like an Enterprise designation) and from inside you hear, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" and maybe the guard says it again. Then maybe a third scene of Kirk sneaking out of the room, with Yarna saying something from inside, and Kirk says back, "That's what we call pillow talk, baby." And the guard and Luke are now walking by again, but going back in the other direction from before, and the guard says, "He chose..." and Luke doesn't let him finish as he yells, 'SHUTUP already!!!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could do a follow up, Luke and the guard walking down a hotel hall past a door with a room number (maybe the number is a joke too like an Enterprise designation) and from inside you hear, "This is my BOOMSTICK!" and maybe the guard says it again. Then maybe a third scene of Kirk sneaking out of the room, with Yarna saying something from inside, and Kirk says back, "That's what we call pillow talk, baby." And the guard and Luke are now walking by again, but going back in the other direction from before, and the guard says, "He chose..." and Luke doesn't let him finish as he yells, 'SHUTUP already!!!"

And to think you once said you weren't the creative type.

Reaction score
You need to make one of Kirk hitting on young Crusher with the knight saying "You have chosen Wesley!"
(TBBT did it first though).

I like the idea, but I must admit that if somebody already did it, and I know somebody did it, I'll leave it alone. I even think about pulling my own images once I see somebody else had a similar idea and published first.

(i'm also a bit afraid to mention that I'm not sure what TBBT stands for)

Here's what we have this week. Ideas tend to hit me in batches.

rant
an army of c-3pos would have been more effective, and believable. WHY, oh, why didn't somebody slap ol' Georgie silly when he suggested the idea of battle droids? Cheapened the entire saga. (of course, that's just my opinion, but it was called the Clone Wars. As kids, did any of you, ANY of you picture that as a war between useless robots and one clone army? NO! We all pictured warlords with their own clone armies. Georgie's creature should have been called "the droid war," or "The Separatist War" or "The Droid-clone war," or the Dooku-Republic War, or the War of the Fringe States, etc. etc. But a clone war, it was not. When do you name a war based on what you fight with? It's normally named after what you fight against, both sides, or the location.)
/end rant

re-rant
I mean, look at the thing. In "sleep mode," they look like they're trying to poop while being heavily constipated. Ugh.
/end re-rant.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
TBBT = The Big Bang Theory show. They used the line "Wesley" but not with Kirk hitting on him.

I'm still waiting for my "Han Solo: Lightsaber sheath" figure. Hasblow dropped the ball there.

You can reuse your Captain America joke with the Dead Poets Society's "Captain my Captain".

You, of course, are totally wrong about the droid rant. What is more terrifying than an army of Snoopy faced idiots?

In all my time since I started reading this thread I don't think you have ever posted this early before. For a second, I thought it must be Thursday!

Reaction score
Since Utinniii has chosen (poorly or wisely?) to address said topic, you could do another one with Kirk and Yarna, with the joke being along the lines of 'Kirk preferred the babes that had a six pack.'

Or maybe find another female figure with a six pack stomach, and have Kirk ignore her for Yarna, and say 'Kirk's idea of a six pack was not the same as <so and so's>' where <so and so> is another character who is visually digging the stomach six pack babe, with Kirk digging Yarna. And the two characters might be talking, with the first saying, "Check out the chick with the six pack," with Kirk going, "Yeah" but of course both are looking at two different women.

The Roger Roger joke has just been sitting there waiting for a name reference joke, and the taste test is pretty good too, but the more I think of it, it may be blasphemous, so I won't dwell on it and bring myself down.

Reaction score
In all my time since I started reading this thread I don't think you have ever posted this early before. For a second, I thought it must be Thursday!
I'm sure that using advanced math and some sort of super-quantum physics, you could prove that every day is actually Thursday.

Happy Thursday!

Utinniii

Reaction score
Because of how my computer is configured, I always have to scroll down to read the caption.
When I saw this pic, I got Dirty Dancing's "Time of your life" stuck in my head.

Kirk looked surprisingly alone in that shot but it all made sense in the next one. It is great how you connect some jokes and even the background has meaning.

Reaction score
Yes, he was well known for agreeing with people and then lamenting the size of his action figure collection.
I KNEW it!!! :p

I think you knocked it up a notch this week on the Clever-Meter, with the first three and the word play.
And then the last is just straight forward funny.
A contending week for 'best group of entries.'

Reaction score
Following up last week, we find this week.

It almost slipped my mind as today was quite busy. It is still Wednesday, isn't it? I think it is.

That Luke figure is ugly, but fun.