Hangars and Mash, my one panel comics

Reaction score
Look at me! A whole day early. woooooooo

If I don't do it now, it won't get done till sometime next week.

Next week, the secret of my free time is revealed!

or not....i dunno

Reaction score
This is my final post for the year. I need to take some time off for family, travel, and whatnot. Don't despair, though, I'll return sometime next year, probably within the 2nd or 3rd week of January 2018.

In the meantime, have a nice holiday season.

See you next year.

Reaction score
Merry Sithmas!

I always look forward to your xmas stories.
I'm glad to hear that. They take a while to create.

I took an extra week and a day off from posting as I just haven't been in the mood.

Now, i'm trying to upload, but my image host seems to be having issues. i can't get the photos to load.

i'll try again later today. Images will be back up soon, i hope.

Is anybody else having problems seeing the past images?

Reaction score
i changed computers, and now I can see the images. I hope that means the image host is working properly. I couldn't see them on any other device for a while, phone, notebook, tower, C64, etc. Now, things look good.

Well, as good as they can given the content.

Reaction score
what program do you use for the captions on your pics? I've been wanting to do something like myself but can't seem to find a decent program to insert the word bubbles etc...

Reaction score
what program do you use for the captions on your pics? I've been wanting to do something like myself but can't seem to find a decent program to insert the word bubbles etc...
I use photoshop to create most of the images, an older version of it, and then I use a custom brush to make the speech bubbles. Frequently, they take they take more time than any other element of the image. The brush I start with is free, but I forgot where I found it. I think a search for free photoshop brushes will reveal it.

Reaction score
Looking around, I noticed that all the other people who routinely posted here seem to have just disappeared. What happened to clonecrazy, reallyme, jodo, chewie, etc? I can't be the last one standing. I just can't be.

ok.
now for the images. i need to get to bed.

Reaction score
Late again. I was trying to think up a way to get a big spender on this site to buy a sail barge for me, but my imagination just isn't good enough to think up a whopper of a tale that would make said spender believe he/she was doing a great deed by giving me one.

I'll just have to go back to the world of my own imagination, and hope that Hasbro will release it at normal retail and won't try to scalp their own products in the future. I feel a rant coming on about taking a global product with global appeal and funneling all your product into a selective, small, localized group of customers. Sounds like a solid business plan. I imagine Hasbro pitched the idea of the barge to retail, retail asked how much, Hasbro mentioned the 500 price tag, retail remembered the 300 walker, the 160 tie, and the peg warming figures at 12.83, and then retail balked at Hasbro's barge, forcing Hasbro to sell it themselves.

but nobody wants to listen to me rant.

so....

((mind you, if i had the cash to spend on the barge, i would.))

"What?" you ask, "They had a clear purpose. Shoretrooper is clearly in their name!"

Yes, and that's why we only see normal stormies on patrol on the beach. These guys are mixed in, in the back, with normal stormies, and don't seem to have anything to do other than be there. They couldn't be more of a cash grab.

i'm feeling really ranty this week. sorry.

I'll tell you what, though, with the crap-fest that was "The Last Jedi" and the prospect of Hasbro charging so much for upcoming releases (300 for that smartphone controlled walker, 500 for the barge, ....what's next? 700 for the throne room?) I'm finding it harder and harder to care about Star Wars. maybe it's just my mood. ((i know, i know, you really liked the flick, and etc. etc. i didn't. I don't hide the fact that I don't like the prequels. With each one, I left the theater feeling disappointed, but I never felt like i had just watched a truly stupid movie. With TLJ, I was angry as I left the theater because it was one of the dumbest films I had ever seen. I barely want to mock it as I feel they made it too easy.)) ok ok ok .. i'll stop my rant.

hopefully next week will find me in a better mood.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Slice! Dice! STAB! BIFURCATE!
I got your back Batman!

(I had another one but Wolverine had some serious issues for that maul sign.)

Do you know what the catchphrase for Vegan Zombies?

Grraaaiiins!

Zombie monkeys?

Plantaaaiiiins!

Feel better!

Reaction score
Zombies that watched TLJ or can't get a Sail Barge...

Complaiiiins!
Oh, I do quite a lot of that, TLJ or the sail barge not required. I am a nerd after all.

when hot wheels meets 3.75 inch figures.... I might not be the best photo editor, but I'm somewhat proud of this 4-image amalgamation.

Reaction score
and here we go...

Interestingly, I was about to head to bed when I remembered that I hadn't posted yet. I haven't done one ounce of prep for tomorrow for my actual job, but I'm posting here. Yup, looks like I've got things in proper perspective.

Go me!

What's funny about this, you might ask. Well, as is, nothing really. I posted it because it made me smile. You see, I was setting up this shot, and my daughter - who was roughly two at the time - was watching me intently. I decided that I had done enough set up for the time being and decided to get some ice cream, or a beer or something. When I came back, I found that she had inserted the figure I've labeled the playmobile George Lucas, a figure I've given to her, into the photo in an appropriate place, doing an appropriate thing, AND she hadn't messed up anything else I'd put in place. It was a proud parenting moment.

Here, of course, is the final image minus the faux Georgie.

Reaction score
we meet again...

Yeah, this is another one of those parenting moments. I came back to my photo table to see that my daughter had slipped in and inserted a figure - my Velma - into the photo in a place she deemed appropriate. I was touched that she was copying me, and decided to caption her photo, even if not the best caption. Since then, she has decided that her old man is a freak and tells me to "go away" and "I don't want you here" etc. quite often. She's not even four. What will she be like as a teen? I'm doomed.

Random thought... does anybody have any loose, GIJoe Eels they'd sell me cheap? Yeah, Yeah, wrong forum. I'm lazy.

Reaction score
Are my old images still visible to most people? My image host had a strange message when I logged in, saying they'd needed to change domains, and that I should update the codes embedded on my webpages. Nuts to that.

I'll gamble and post on their current setup.

To be honest, I didn't miss last week due to a tech glitch. I forgot on Wednesday, fully forgot, and then didn't really care much about it on Thurs to now. It really is getting difficult for me to care about this hobby right now. I'm unhappy with it. The movies, Hasbro's MO.... the potential change that Hasbro priced me out of the market, and locked me out geographically from getting anything down the road. Then there's the whole issue with quality... I mean...

Look at this...

I don't like the 5PoA figures, and this is just more justification for my position. This is how they get around limited articulation. Use such cheap plastic that she can bend all over the place. What's next? Releasing Gumby-style Star Wars action figures and calling them "infinite points of articulation?" This figure's hands are so cheap, she can't even hold her lightsaber.

And speaking of hands, what in the world did they do to Luke from the Emperor, ERG, and Luke 5PoA three pack? If I want a 3.75 Emperor, I need to buy this crap. Still, the photo makes Luke's hand look better than it is. His thumb is a shard of thin plastic, nothing more.

And don't even get me started on figures that I opened, twisted a joint, and it snaps off.....brand new, factory sealed, high quality from Hasbro. I've bought figures from that infamous ebayer. Do you know know how many were bad, broken, didn't work? ZERO. Better than Hasbro direct. And why did I buy from him? Because Hasbro couldn't actually get their figures to a store. I'm still waiting for WalMart to re-stock TLJ Luke.

So, instead of "Backing the barge!" (bleh), I bought something I've always wanted but never owned myself. It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with it.

Mind you, not everything Hasbro is doing right now is crap. These, in my opinion, are the best versions of MLP's ever made. I liked them so much I bought all of them. ....umm... for my daughter. Actually, this is what I bought on Force Friday as I thought all the Star Wars offerings were garbage.

bah, I'm old and tired. I don't think I'll spend anymore money on Hasbro until they can prove to me their stuff is worth buying. I know, The VC is starting again soon. I don't think I'll see any figures in the country where I live, and if I should happen to find one or two, I highly doubt they'll be priced less than 20.00 USD (retail) each.

Maybe it is time to walk away and try my hand at my own characters, settings, figures. I dunno.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do with this thread. My image host had a problem a few weeks ago, and as a result, they changed the extension on their domain name. It looks like it has hosed all my previous posts unless they are still in an end users cache.

I'm hoping they will be able to fix this somehow, but don't expect them to actually be able to do it. Do I re-post everything from page one in a new thread? Do I keep going with this thread and let go of all previous posts? Neither option makes me very happy. Do I re-post all the old things, and keep this one active for new? That feels like an even worse option.

I'll post here again for the week, albeit late, and give them another week to see if they can sort it out. If not, I might just start all over again.

Being familiar with Terry Pratchett helps alot when looking at this subset of images.

Reaction score
I wonder, if it was something you were willing to do, would the Mods be able to open up the editing option to let you repopulate each post, so the pics fit back in with the text.

Or, something that might take less time (but still time), would be to go back to each post of yours, and copy the text and re-post the pics in the correct placement, as a new reply going forward. You would be able to redo all your work, it would just no longer have the follow up comments by others in the correct place.
However, after each week that you re-post, you could then do a reply post where you quote anyone that commented on that week's pics. Essentially copying/recreating your posts and copying everyone else's that came in-between.
Then perhaps the Mods could do something like allow an edit to your first posting, that has a link to last week, where pics start going again. Or edit the title to add Goto post #425 to start.
If you re-did one week per day, you'd catch up 7 weeks each week and be caught up pretty quickly.

I think they might be able to let you edit the title but perhaps not the posts themselves, so the copying may be the only way of the two. I know in a limelight section I posted pics of every novel and every comic title (first cover only) in my collection, in chronological order, and would update it once a year. But I couldn't go back into the original post, I had to quote myself to copy all the pics, and then I could insert any new books (pics) I bought since my last posting, into whatever timeline location they fit into.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm not worried for the Ozz crew, 'tis just a flesh wound!

From past experiences, I don't think reediting is possible. People have been clamoring to be able to change their first post for years (to add pictures or links).

I started a Vol 2 with the intention of adding the previous pictures. I didn't have time (and I'm glad now) since that thread is void now.

I will probably start a Vol3 with a link to Vol 1 so people can read the responses, if they want. I may do one big post with all the previous pics, with no set ups.

The problem with keeping this thread is people might start from the beginning and think it is dead. For me personally, knowing one of my threads is filled with dead links irks me so starting a new thread will sooth that over in time.

Since you need to start over anyway, you may want to look at Yakface and also post there. Their PN section is slightly more active than here.

The best solution is to teach your daughter how to "cut and paste", and have her take the time to copy and correct each post and response into a new thread.

Reaction score
I thought I would start over with a new thread and just reply with a quote from all the older posts, and adjust the extension for the images as sizzler suggested. However, when I tried to do that here, I found that the links, at least in the rebelscum system, seem to be gone. That means, if I post the images again, I'll be starting from the beginning and doing it all manually, again.

I did write to the mod of this forum, two weeks ago, and have still yet to get a reply. It makes me wonder if this forum is so dead that the mod doesn't even check. *shrugs* Maybe if something got flagged.... maybe. *shrugs* *shrugs*

I'm probably not going to invest a whole lot more time in this particular thread, as I would like my complete history to be visible; vanity is my name. I'll post a few new images later tonight, and then - probably - begin the process of posting everything all over again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, as promised, here is what will probably be the final post in this thread by me. Final photo post, that is. If somebody asks a question here, I'll probably still respond.

I thought about inserting a snarky comment here about the mod, but decided to let it go.

I've become so familiar with this piece that I never noticed my type-o before. It should say, "serious," not, "series."

I'll post new images once I get all the old ones sorted out again.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well that was a great run. It was something to look forward to every Wednesday (or Thursday:p)

I'm glad you are putting them all back up. They will be fun to revisit.

I'm sad to see this thread end, especially because of such a strange reason. Mind you, I'll keep posting in the new thread. So, this isn't the end, no.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm enjoying rereading all the old jokes again. I even remember some of the interactions that went on with some of them. I just commenting here since I like the idea of them going in one (almost) uninterrupted flow, and also to minimize the number of pages with superheavy pictures on them (just for loading purposes).

Reaction score
I'm enjoying rereading all the old jokes again. I even remember some of the interactions that went on with some of them. I just commenting here since I like the idea of them going in one (almost) uninterrupted flow, and also to minimize the number of pages with superheavy pictures on them (just for loading purposes).
Yeah, the first two pages are quite image heavy. I might reduce the number of images per post, but then it'll probably take me twice as long to get them all back up. I also remember quite a few of the things said about several of the older images. I also remember when I started to not see comments from long time commenters, like ReallyMe.

I miss the "like" feature, even more now. I recall they said something along the lines of getting rid of it to bring in a barrel-load of newer, better likes. Has anything come of that?

Utinniii

Reaction score
I think that since this is a one time thing, I rather have longer posts than more posts. But whatever is easier or more manageable works.

I miss ReallyMe. He was the heart of Photonovels thread. He always had such positive things to say.
Last I heard from him, his life was pretty busy. Hopefully, he will be back one day.

I don't think we'll be getting any form of likes back. I'm speculating, but during the same time of improved likes and other features, there was also talk of making this a paid service (for higher functions). I think they realized that forums in general are dying out so charging to use one would be suicide.

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I don't think I fully mentioned on here that this thread effectively died when my image host had a problem with their domain name.

As a result, I have re-uploaded everything here to a different, new thread here...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1138676&p=20085384&viewfull=1#post20085384

Everything is up-to-date, and new images will be posted there from now on. If you have this bookmarked, followed, etc, please move your links to that thread instead.

Thank you.

Wait, Is that Kristian Stewart behind the curtain?
You can never quite know what the Luggage has swallowed.